Constructive voices coming from Antifa?

maxdancona

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2020 03:41 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
So women that are the majority voters wish the men in government to have control over their wombs how interesting.

There are lots of women who are pro-life. You should listen to them instead of putting words in their mouths.

I am not pro-life, nor am I a woman... so I can't speak for them. But I doubt very much that any woman would agree with your judgment of her.
BillRM

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2020 03:49 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Quote:
So women that are the majority voters wish the men in government to have control over their wombs how interesting.

There are lots of women who are pro-life. You should listen to them instead of putting words in their mouths.

As I said it mainly a wash at the moment however how any woman can wish to control the womb of other women I frankly find as amazing at almost the same level as Trump still having supporters.

Biden in my opinion would drive many more voters not to go to the polls if he start on the pro life track.he best to leave those people with Trump
maxdancona

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2020 03:52 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
As I said it mainly a wash at the moment however how any woman can wish to control the womb of other women I frankly find as amazing at almost the same level as Trump still having supporters.

Again... instead of speaking for the women, you should listen to what they are actually saying. (Hint: no woman is saying they wish "to control the womb of other women".)

You are a man passing judgement on women for their opinions on abortion. That is a little awkward in my view.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2020 03:55 pm
@maxdancona,
It doesn’t matter what they're saying, it’s what they’re doing or attempting to do.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2020 04:06 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

It doesn’t matter what they're saying, it’s what they’re doing or attempting to do.

Another man with an opinion on how women should think.
BillRM

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2020 04:06 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Quote:

Again... instead of speaking for the women, you should listen to what they are actually saying. (Hint: no woman is saying they wish "to control the womb of other women".)

You are a man passing judgement on women for their opinions on abortion. That is a little awkward in my view.[\quote]

Lol there is no question at all that pro life voters both male and female wish control by law of women wombs that is the simple logic of the matter.

According to the polls I had just did a fast check of those that deeply care about the issue the pro and the anti voters numbers are only slightly in favor of the so call pro life voters.

So going to the pro life side of such as issue would be very dumb for Biden as in my opinion such voters no matter if Biden joint Trump or not would be Trump voters an he would drive pro choice voters who are mainly his supporter away.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2020 04:08 pm
@BillRM,
I am not saying that Joe Biden "should go to the pro-life side".

I am saying that Joe Biden should reach out to pro-life voters even though he disagrees with them ... and ask for their votes. There is a big difference.
BillRM

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2020 04:08 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
Another man with an opinion on how women should think.

Are you saying women do not share the same logic as man on such issues?
maxdancona

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2020 04:10 pm
@BillRM,
Women can express their own ideas. You should listen to them even when they are on the other side of the political chasm from you.... especially on the issue of abortion.
BillRM

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2020 04:34 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Women can express their own ideas. You should listen to them even when they are on the other side of the political chasm from you.... especially on the issue of abortion.

LOL what do you think that I have not live with women for most of my 72 years on the planet?

Let see I had two wives and three or four long term girlfriends an none of them was wild to have the state having a say in their reproduction and sex lives. Maybe the women in your life was for the state controlling them.

maxdancona

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2020 04:49 pm
@BillRM,
The woman I am dating now is very pro-life. Yes, she is also politically pro-life (she supports legal restrictions on abortion). No she doesn't support Trump.

It is understood that if she gets pregnant, I will be a father all over again.

It is all upfront and understood. I respect her.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2020 05:04 pm
@maxdancona,
This response sums up your dishonesty in a nutshell. I said that people trying to stop abortion are telling women what todo with their wombs.

It wasn’t about all women at all or saying what should be done.

Instead of responding to what I said you deliberately misrepresent wha5
I said in order to make a cheap point about men telling women what to do.

You do this all the time, and then wonder why nobody believes a word you say.

0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2020 06:41 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

The woman I am dating now is very pro-life. Yes, she is also politically pro-life (she supports legal restrictions on abortion). No she doesn't support Trump.

It is understood that if she gets pregnant, I will be a father all over again.

It is all upfront and understood. I respect her.

I have no problem with you girlfriend having complete and absolute control of her own womb.

I in fact support her right to go full term even against your wishes.

What the hell I have a problem with is her wish to be able to come into my and my girlfriend bedroom under cover of law an tell her what she can or can not do with her own womb. A privileges that I as her partner does not even have unless she allow me to have a say in the matter.

Not that such a government seize of wombs would work as unless there would be checks at the border of all women of child birth age leaving the nation the only part of the population that the government could control is the less then middle class that could not buy a plane ticket.
0 Replies

justaguy2

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2020 07:19 am
@maiden-usa,
While I probably should have included the word "all" in what you quoted so it read "In all honesty, and if I didn't know better, I'd think that all Americans are just **** nuts...", no, it was not "some kid of a joke" - whatever that means (I assume you're asking if I was joking, which what I will base my reply on)...

We have a common turn of phase here in Australia, being "only in America..." The meaning of that is that there is no way you would be able to get away with even just the half of what you guys get away with in the US of A. Guns are a perfect example of this, in that, there is no way in hell you would be able to walk down the street with a semi-automatic weapon, let alone a fully-automatic weapon slung over your shoulder. You'd have at least half the street calling the cops, then you would have what you yaks call a police SWAT team surrounding you pointing their automatic weapons at you, ordering you to drop the weapon, ready to shoot you dead if need be, if you didn't comply. Because as I said earlier on in this thread, without a gun license here, it would be flat out illegal to even be in possession of a gun full stop (ANY type of firearm), period. And even if you did have a gun license, it would still be flat out illegal to be armed with a semi-automatic weapon, let alone a fully-automatic weapon of any kind - only the police and military are legally allowed such weapons. And even the regular cops don't carry more than hand guns - only what you yaks would once again call their SWAT team and special units within said state police force are heavily armed with automatic weapons. And once again, most if not anyone I know supports our gun laws the way there currently are, and I would not feel safe if the normal person was allowed to have semi-automatic weapons, let alone was allowed to own fully-automatic weapons here. So the USA can keep your gun laws, they are not wanted nor needed here. We certainly don't have people rocking up to protests with even just hand guns, let alone more than that, for that matter either. We also once again don't have people looting and burning down businesses, even when protests here get violent here either.

The bottom line is: at least in those respects, along with the health system here, Australia is a far better place to live than the USA, and thank **** for that too. I can tell you now, if it wasn't for the fact the USA is the most powerful country on earth, I seriously doubt the alliance between your country and mine would enjoy the same level of public support. In fact I personally know and have met at least several people that find it embarrassing that Australia could be allied with a country as messed up as your's, and can't say I blame them for thinking that either sadly.

PS: Are you Dr Sliptinschit 2.0? If so, you might want to drop FreedomEyeLove a line, as they seem to be climbing the walls in your absence...
maiden-usa

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2020 07:46 am
@justaguy2,
I am just me just as you are you.

I have no issue what so ever with your opinion on guns or America. I am also glad that you love your country. You should love your country. I love my country and I enjoy the freedoms it provides.

Have you lived in the US? I'm just curious because you say "Australia is a far better place to live than the USA" and I wonder what you base that on.

I lived in a Democratic city for awhile for work. I was assaulted at home and that was when I decided I should be armed. I moved and now I have a gun to help protect me and mine. For that, someone here called me a racist...

I wish people could separate "health care" from "insurance". The US has the best healthcare in the world, it's just too expensive and our insurance sucks for the most part.
hightor

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2020 07:58 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:
I am saying that Joe Biden should reach out to pro-life voters even though he disagrees with them ... and ask for their votes.

He doesn't disagree with them; as a Catholic he's "pro-life" himself; he just doesn't believe that people have the right to control other people's choices based on the dictates of his church.
0 Replies

justaguy2

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2020 08:19 am
@maiden-usa,
I wouldn't say "I love my country", to me, it's just better than a lot of others (including your's once again), but there are also better ones again out there, and I'd include New Zealand and Canada in the "better ones" list. My values and opinions aren't based on any national borders, they are based on common sense.

"Freedom" is relative, in that, unless you lived in a place where you could do absolutely anything you wanted to, be that immoral or otherwise and irrespective, then no one is "totally free" - there are still at least some limits (unless maybe you are a dictator or rich and can afford good lawyers, and/or pay off the authorities).

I've never felt the need to own a gun for protection here. We don't have more guns than people like the USA, which results in a much safer society alone. I don't have an issue with people "having guns". The issue is the type of gun and if the person owning the gun is mentally fit to have a gun. So a part of the criteria for getting a gun license here would be a mental health assessment, and obviously if you failed it, they would refuse your application and it would be denied. In any case, I see nothing wrong with someone having a gun for valid reasons, such as, having a .22 on a farm to control pests, having a hand gun for recreational purposes, etc. I certainly don't see how someone would be a "racist" in that case for owning a gun.

No, I haven't been to the USA, but I've seen more than enough from where I am to know that's not an environment I wish to live in. And I base what I said on common sense (more precisely, the lack of it in the US of A), health care, society to name a few things, but I could likely list more things if I really thought about it...

I was talking about universal health care and our health care system in general, not the "quality" of health care per se. We also have private hospitals and private health insurance here too, and yes, it's expensive here too (like almost everything else).
maiden-usa

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2020 09:18 am
@justaguy2,
What characteristics are you using to decide whether one country is better than another? I am curious about what people think are qualifications for a country being better than another.
justaguy2

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2020 09:30 am
@maiden-usa,
Well, a good question, and one that deserves an answer...

Social development, a society that values human life and democracy, an equal society, both respecting and promoting human rights, a balance of common sense and respecting individual liberties.

It also depends on what a person as an individual is looking for too.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2020 09:42 am
@justaguy2,
That’s another thing that’s peculiarly American, the obsession with being the ‘best’ country.

It’s not something the rest of us bother with which is why they get so upset when people like me say they would never want to live in America.

When I was in Texas on holiday years ago there was an amnesty on illegal immigrants and they all wondered why I didn’t bother applying. Two weeks was long enough, I was ready to go back home.

I can think of loads of countries off the top of my head that I’d sooner live than America.

Texas is like a **** version of Yorkshire, and Yorkshire is pretty shitty to begin with.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/17/2024 at 11:54:52