2020 POTUS Election

Reply Sat 29 Aug, 2020 02:40 am
Joe Biden vs POTUS Trump who wins and why?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 6 • Views: 1,321 • Replies: 64

farmerman

Reply Sat 29 Aug, 2020 05:31 am
@Americanzxcvb,
Bien will win, because its a matter of trust, honesty, and having a president who is not a nascent felon.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sat 29 Aug, 2020 09:18 am
@Americanzxcvb,
Americanzxcvb wrote:

Joe Biden vs POTUS Trump who wins and why?

Joe Biden will most likely win.

Trump is a fluke. He is s showman who riles up his base but the things he says are demonstrably false. More importantly, Trump is pissing off real Republicans (most of whom still won't admit it, but many do) and will end up not getting the support he needs.
farmerman

Reply Sat 29 Aug, 2020 04:55 pm
@maxdancona,
suburbs have been going blue in greater rates.(I include the less radical GOPers in that, those are vocally going against TRUMP)

Has anyone seen that TV ad where they start off with a quote by Reagan and the rest is a definite shot across Trumps bow by the GOP .
I know the Lincoln Project is not a friend of Biden , they are, however, loyal Americans who must not allow Trump to destroy our Constitution.
0 Replies

shug23

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2020 06:12 am
This is a pretty silly question...We haven't seen one debate and in politics, two months is a lifetime....

I do see the Dem's starting to panic - did you actually, really, truly believe Biden ever had an 11% lead ???!!

Watch the black approval percentage - 20% now ? Watch the stock market - are people really going to vote for a crash ?. Watch the Rasmussen daily tracking poll. Watch the debates -if they them.

farmerman

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2020 07:22 am
@shug23,
Quote:

I do see the Dem's starting to panic
quite the contrqry, I see Trumps tweets getting more paranoid and alost fatalistic.
Really?, the election should be about the future, Trump is trying to turn it into a schoolyard name calling.

0 Replies

hightor

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2020 07:47 am
@shug23,
Quote:
We haven't seen one debate...

Do you really think you'll learn anything you don't already know about the candidates? Or will you just tune in to cheer Trump's stupid one-liners, snippy retorts, veiled threats, and self-serving lies?

Quote:
Watch the stock market - are people really going to vote for a crash ?

If you remember, a crash was predicted if Trump won in 2016. The stock market isn't the economy and if government spending weren't providing a backstop we'd be in a full-blown depression.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2020 09:12 am
@shug23,
I am curious...

... where do you get the data for "black approval percentage". I found a single article (rather poorly written) that gave this number. But if I am going to "watch the black approval percentage", I am going to need a place where I can see the data over time.

I doubt that any Black person will be fooled by the 9 or 10 Black people in the RNC. This political stunt wasn't really aimed at black people... it was a propaganda to convince White people that they can support Trump without being racist.
0 Replies

shug23

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2020 09:50 am
well, I expected to get a rise out of you all. Happy Sunday, btw..

I was answering the original posters question with three numbers to watch...the black approval number, the stock market, and Rasmussen and you might get a view of who is likely to win.

google "black approval of Trump" and apparently there was a poll that came out yesterday...I have no idea if it's a good poll or biased. But if black voters go 15% or more for Trump on election day, I assume that's pretty bad sign for Biden.

Likewise, how the stock market and economy/unemployment is going to be over the next couple months will have an impact. The better the trend is, the better it will be for Trump

I'm not making a prediction; I have my hopes for a repeat of 2016...boy was that a sweet night for my side....I'm just pointing out the obvious, I suppose
shug23

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2020 09:51 am
Re the debates, they wont change my mind..,I am curious to see how quick on the feet Biden is, since I no longer trust left or right news media
farmerman

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2020 10:16 am
@shug23,
being "Quick on your feet" isnt a valid measure of a great or a competent president. Id appreciate careful deliberation and input from those who really have the knowlege than merely asserting how smart the speaker says he is. Thats mindless hubris.

0 Replies

hightor

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2020 10:34 am
@shug23,
Quote:
I am curious to see how quick on the feet Biden is...

I'm more impressed with how decent and thoughtful he is. Here's a recent half hour interview with him:
Quote:
Joe Biden has been playing it safe during the coronavirus pandemic, but Evan Osnos got the chance to sit down with the nominee in person. It was too hot to sit outside, but the campaign staff didn’t want an outsider in Biden’s home, so the interview took place in a small house on the property that Biden’s late mother stayed in. In a wide-ranging conversation, Biden compares his position—should he win—to that of Franklin Roosevelt: taking office during a disaster, he argues, he would have an opportunity to effect a hugely ambitious agenda, but driven by pragmatism rather than ideology. (He was not comparing himself to Roosevelt, he hastened to add.) While the country is ever more partisan, Biden describes his centrism and his propensity for off-the-cuff remarks as an advantage. “The good news is the bad news,” he told Osnos. “Everybody knows me, and you guys know me, the good and bad. . . . It’s kind of hard to pin a label on someone that’s inconsistent with who they are. To make me out to be a revolutionary, it’s awful hard to do. Conversely, it’s awful hard to make me out to be a right-wing, very conservative Democrat.”

newyorker
0 Replies

shug23

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2020 12:00 pm
There are people who will never vote for Biden (me) and there are people who will never vote for Trump (you)....so the election is going to be won or lost by others...
Love him or hate him, Trump is a known quantity - He has been in the news everyday for nearly four years. You may say Biden has been around for 47 years and everybody (the public) knows him, but I think he is not as well known as you might think .
The extra exposure he will get over the next couple months may define him, with a little nudge from the RNC.... Real Clear politics has odds of a Biden win at 53% or so, down from mid 60's just a couple weeks ago...not that a put a lot of stock in that statistic...

lol...... Evan Osnos......now there is an unbiased report !

PS. .Maybe in a perfect world you might get thoughtful input from people who know him, but who are they ? Don Lemon, Tucker Carlson ? That information you seek doesn't exist

hightor

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2020 12:15 pm
@shug23,
Quote:
lol...... Evan Osnos......now there is an unbiased report !

Um, it's an interview, not a profile.
0 Replies

shug23

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2020 12:17 pm
it's spin by the interviewer...Can shape it however he wants it to be read...Now I confess, I have no idea what the interview questions were and how he responded....I just suspect the interviewer lobbed softball questions at him and has a bias.....The New Yorker is a left-cleaning magazine and they need to sell to their audience

BTW, I just reviewed some of Evan's tweets and he is extremely anti-Trump....
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2020 01:03 pm
As a Biden supporter, I am looking forward to the debates.

Trump set the bar pretty low, all Biden has to do is show up. And that is what he will do... he will have a stump speech set up with with his basic platform, and a couple of lines pointing out that things (including Law and Order) were better under Obama.

Trump can't control himself.. he will huff and puff, not realizing that the important voters are turned off by his huffing and puffing.

This election is about Trump. Biden and his team understand this. Biden will give Trump a shovel and pretty much stand out of the way.

The thing I find most amusing is that during the debates... Trump will be Trump. All of the Trump fans will be jumping up and down in ecstasy, and I will also be loving the **** show because I know that the middle American voters who can be swayed will see Trump in all of his glory.

As long as this election is about Trump, Biden wins easily.

0 Replies

shug23

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2020 01:12 pm
I hope they have the debates too......
maxdancona

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2020 01:18 pm
@shug23,
shug23 wrote:

I hope they have the debates too......

What the hell are you talking about? There are 3 debates scheduled and one for the VPs.

0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2020 01:24 pm
@shug23,
shug23 wrote:

Love him or hate him, Trump is a known quantity -

Bollocks. His tax returns have not been disclosed and he shut down FBI investigations into his shady dealings in Russia.

He’s as opaque as it gets.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2020 01:52 pm
@shug23,
shug23 wrote:

He has been in the news everyday for nearly four years.

Very true. I guess you think that's a problem he can overcome.

1. Forums
  2. » 2020 POTUS Election
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 07:56:58