London Terrorist Attacks

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 04:15 pm
I'd like to offer my condolences to the people of London for the hideous attack upon their town and their citizens today. Hang in there, Londoners!! I know you can do it!!

You are all in my prayers.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 718 • Replies: 6
No top replies

KiwiChic

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 04:22 pm
yeah I posted this answer on another thread,
my thoughts go out to the friends and families who have lost loved ones in London today......
just tragic and senseless!

KiwiChic / New Zealand
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 06:00 pm
Just watching the news coverage of the terrorist blast, which included some shots from inside the train taken by one of the passengers.

One woman spoke about the "mayhem" taking place inside, but I was struck by the seeming calmness of the passengers in this particular footage. It was eerie. Anybody else notice that? Any other reactions?
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 06:15 pm
yeah I saw that as well,
but also you have to remember that Britian has been used to
IRA bombs from years gone by, so they all know what to do, but I just heard a passenger state that they were trapped in the trains as
they did not want to get out because of electric cables everywhere and he said that they thought the exits may have had bombs placed in there so they stayed where they were.
Its that bus that gets to me......
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 06:34 pm
Yes, the pics of that bus were really frightening. Sends a chill down my spine.

Of course, there is speculation now that this attack was intended to disrupt the conference in Scotland. But who knows at this point?

There seems to have been a huge celebration in London yesterday because of the Olympic Committee's decision to have London host the 2012 games. Looked like there were hundreds of people out in the streets -- thank God that blast didn't take place then. I can only imagine the loss of life that would have occured had that been the case. This is bad enough!
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 07:03 pm
who knows ...my theory is, while the world is focusing on the G8
'they' knew the time was right to do a sneaky and cowardly attack
on England.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2005 05:21 pm
Has anyone heard from our A2K friends over in London? Hope everybody's alright.

I heard on the news today that there are still many people trapped in the subway train, but the police are having difficulty reaching them.

....there are no words....
0 Replies