How can we possibly "secure" a national mail in vote election?

FreedomEyeLove

Mon 17 Aug, 2020 08:25 pm
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Tue 18 Aug, 2020 05:26 am
@Brandon9000,
ThEach state doies it differently. HYour version of the ;procedure applies to none okf them. the balloits are not generally availabe, for one.
Brandon9000

Fri 21 Aug, 2020 11:02 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

ThEach state doies it differently. HYour version of the ;procedure applies to none okf them. the balloits are not generally availabe, for one.

I just found this:

In opposition to some states’ plans to send every registered voter a mail ballot by default, the Trump Administration has pointed to a study by the Pew Center for the States that found one out of eight voters registration is inaccurate or no longer valid.

But in Florida, voters have to request mail ballots to the address they have on file.

at https://www.news4jax.com/election-2020/2020/07/27/vote-by-mail-fraud-not-likely-in-florida/

It sounds like there would be more opportunities to create false ballots than when a voter must appear in person and his vote is tallied by a machine on the spot. I have heard numerous stories in the past about piles of ballots suddenly being discovered in places where the vote was close. This seems to me to be unreasonably risky. If we're all concerned about the Russians sabotaging election results, why would anyone be cavalier about domestic political cheaters doing it?
0 Replies

bulmabriefs144

Thu 21 Jan, 2021 08:24 pm
@Dr Sliptinschit,
You cannot.

The reality of the situation is that with a typewriter and a xerox machine, I could print 10000 votes under random names. Without oversight, no person sees me face to face, and checks my identity.

Btw, our electoral system is now dead. RIP America.
MontereyJack

Thu 21 Jan, 2021 09:56 pm
@bulmabriefs144,
You're months too late and hopelessly naive. You have no idea how elections actually work, and your scheme is silly. For one thing, there is no way you can genera a valid ballot on a typewriter. It didn't happen in November. The election was fair and transparent and Trump lost it.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Thu 21 Jan, 2021 10:05 pm
@bulmabriefs144,
bulmabriefs144 wrote:

You cannot.

The reality of the situation is that with a typewriter and a xerox machine, I could print 10000 votes under random names. Without oversight, no person sees me face to face, and checks my identity.

Btw, our electoral system is now dead. RIP America.

The reality of the situation is that with a piece of duct tape and a safety pin you can walk into a bank at night and walk out with all the money from the vault. Without any security, the bank and all the money is wide open to you.

Banking is dead... RIP money.
0 Replies