Why are there so many taboo subject in 'Academic Science"

Thu 13 Aug, 2020 09:38 am
"Academic Science" isn't the open, rational, study of things.
If that was so, there wou;dn't be so many taboo subjects, like ufo's , paranormal, free energy, god, etc.

But this isn't as weird as it looks like if one understand "Academic Science" isn't about finding any truths, but about having control over the population.
It is here to keep us from sensitive areas.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 645 • Replies: 14
Topic Closed
No top replies

mark noble

Thu 13 Aug, 2020 09:45 am
@Palandre,
Abso-fukn-lutely.

Ready for the 'Nassim' journey, yet?

ANTI-ACADEMIA-ACTUAL-SCIENCE-RIDE.
Yes or No?

Btw - Whilst you're teaching stuff to a deaf & blind audience - You fail to expand your own sentience.

Mark..
0 Replies

maxdancona

Thu 13 Aug, 2020 10:22 am
@Palandre,
Scientists don't care at all about "truth". It is a meaningless concept in science. Truth is for philosophers (and other people who have time to worry about "truth" because they aren't accomplishing anything anway).

Science is about experiments. In science we want to develop mathematical models of the Universe that we can test objectively with experiment and measurement. The goal is to be able to make testable predictions about how Nature will react.

Very often Science is useful in building the internet, making planes fly, curing diseases and sending robots to Mars (my personal favorite). And sure... if you want to have control over the population, Science can be very helpful in that regard.

Truth only leads to bloody wars, dictators and religious fanatics. I don't think we need it.

0 Replies

mark noble

Thu 13 Aug, 2020 10:30 am
@Palandre,
Never argue with, or contest ANYTHING posted by anyone called Maxdancona.

Trust me.
It's time-wasted.

Mark...
mark noble

Thu 13 Aug, 2020 10:33 am
@mark noble,
And anyone with 'Farmer' or 'man' in their username - Save time.

Mark..
0 Replies

Teufel

Thu 13 Aug, 2020 12:49 pm
@Palandre,
Firstly academia looks for knowledge, not truths. Whether knowledge is truth is most certainly eminently debatable.

Secondly, all you have mentioned do absolutely appear in academia, but not on 'conspiracy sites'. You are looking in the wrong places.

Third, allow me to say that my wife is a Dr of Psychology, daughter a Dr of Sociology and son a Dr of Mathematical Physics. Research is something my family understands, it it fair to say.

But this isn't as weird as it looks like if one understand "Academic Science" isn't about finding any truths

Plainly a ludicrous and obviously an incorrect statement. The world that you inhabit is the creation of academic people. It is a statement made because you have some 'pet' interests and like a good conspiracy theory.

It is also a statement which shows you plainly have no idea how academia works .... In essence one requires a research subject that will pass the Ethics Committee that the individual academic is beholden to.

Then to write that research up into an accepted publishable form, one must not only discuss ones own research but compare it to the results of others, both positive and negative with regard to your own conclusions. This is to ensure basic probity and ensure that the results are valid in the round.

Therefore, if one Dr of medieval history believes that some S American frogs are the direct off spring of the Lizard people .... Whilst that 'research' can be published in the scandal sheets and on some internet conspiracy site ... It will not gain publishing in any academic journal. There is simply not enough ethical research, positive or negative - Theories MUST be tested before acceptance in academic circles.

People such as yourself further need to grasp that the academic community only since around the start of the 1970's, grew a conscience. Only then did academia started to feel that other humans/life forms had an actual value. Go and look at some of the experiments say psychologists did in the 1950's & 1960's .... Psychological abuse of animals, children and adults that is frankly horrific.

If one looks at the history of modern economics or psychology or sociology to name but three these areas of abuse stand out.

It is without doubt that the Anti-Semitism of the 3rd Reich was actively turned into all the horrors of the holocaust by economists and some social scientists of the day. In other words whilst the NS hierarchy were undoubtedly hell bent on 'Getting rid of Jews' for a decade that meant they kept trying to send them elsewhere and 'elsewhere' such as the UK & USA refused to take but a handful even when being bribed with money by Germany.

But at the Wannsee conference in 1942 with Heydrich & Eichmann in charge, it was the input of reports by leading German academics which made the pragmatic and fiscal case for annihilating the Jewish peoples and other 'ethnics' under the control of the 3rd Reich.

So in essence, when one or two 'scientists' say 'UFO's and the Lizard men are real!" ... Or "The Pyramids are electrical charging stations and steering guidance transmitters for UFO's" they do not get main stream acceptance in the academic community because two or even ten people do not make academic evidence a reality.

If it helps you, I absolutely 100% believe that alien life exists and IMO (i.e IMO) we, our species, we are the alien life form. If there is a God, then it is mathematics ..... But I am truly not convinced about the Lizard people though I am willing to accept Silica life forms exist.

Try reading some actual academic books, not perusing the internet sites telling you what you want to hear and feeding your personal paranoia brought on by your life impotence.

Please be aware I do not read replies. Certainly there is nothing either yourself or any others have posted which requires a debate.

RABEL222

Thu 13 Aug, 2020 02:20 pm
it might also be prudent to avoid posters who attack other posters.
Palandre

Thu 13 Aug, 2020 08:32 pm
@Teufel,
it seems they 'got you''
I have also studied in academia.
I have never seen so many strange folks.
RABEL222

Fri 14 Aug, 2020 10:29 am
@Palandre,
true. Einstein and Hawking were both different. but not batschit crazy.
Palandre

Fri 14 Aug, 2020 11:19 am
@RABEL222,
well, Ein-stein had it all wrong and Hawking worked for the c.i.a
It is quit a mess.
Region Philbis

Fri 14 Aug, 2020 11:42 am
@Palandre,
Quote:
It is quit a mess.
in your noggin, yes...
Palandre

Fri 14 Aug, 2020 11:44 am
@Region Philbis,
sorry?
mark noble

Sat 15 Aug, 2020 06:14 am
@RABEL222,
Exactly - Thus my illustration theretoward.
Mark
0 Replies

mark noble

Sat 15 Aug, 2020 06:17 am
@RABEL222,
Oh - Hawkin is as Zealous in his own capacity as is the most Fundamentally inclined, Fixed-Religious zealot.

Mark
0 Replies

mark noble

Sat 15 Aug, 2020 06:32 am
@Palandre,
Once in a while, Palandre, I'll issue you with a link, or advice - Because you are of the 'essence' that happens to be - On a logical path, in an illogical arena.
You have Not, ONCE, payed ANY attention to either/or.
I'm unlikely to be posting here beyond Late August - Until next spring.

After Phase-2 (Fake-Fluvid).

My Next post will both illuminate and Enlighten your journey.
Watch it... Or Not.

If you choose the latter - It ends.

Have an Outstanding Day, Sir
0 Replies