The WildClickers take the train to the Rainforest. Track 61

sumac

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2005 05:48 am
A trial trip anywhere would be advisable, Danon. But I don't have the financial resources to do that. I need to research every conceivable thing first. Including options in other countries.
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2005 11:06 am
sumac, suggest beginning a "Belize" a2k thread on the 'travel' forum.

Your best bet is talking with people who've visited the place or resided in Belize first!!!

Danon <who has traveled extensively> has given you excellent advice.

Moving to Belize - Real Estate -
http://www.escapeartist.com/one4/belize.htm

Importing Vehicles; Qualifications <QRP Program>
http://www.belizenorth.com/importing_vehicles.htm

Belize Magazine
http://www.belizefirst.com/
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2005 11:58 am
Stradee,
Yup. Been to all of those sites. Can't import a car because it won't be less than 3 years old and I don't qualify for that emigration program (Too poor).

I am in contact with native Belizeans and will certainly also develop communication with expats in both Belize and Mexico.

And yes, I will start a thread on travel on Belize.
And yes, I will thoroughly do my homework before making any decision.

Will also ask the monitors to move the thread out of Politics. It isn't getting any attention there.

Clicked.
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2005 01:25 pm
sumac wrote:
Stradee,
Yup. Been to all of those sites. Can't import a car because it won't be less than 3 years old and I don't qualify for that emigration program (Too poor).

summie, financially there arn't many options for relocating then!

staying home = kittens safe and sound Very Happy
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2005 01:57 pm
Staying home does not equal kitties safe and sound if I can't pay the rent and pay for electricity. There has to be a a better solution. My landlord already took me into Small Claims court in February when I was $100 short in my rent! This even though I gave him the rent three months at a time for the first year, when I had the money. People aren't nice around here.
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2005 03:47 pm
sumac, people in Belize arn't any better - or anywhere else for that matter when money is an issue. The world sucks big time...

Suggestions:

Call your local senior services office, and ask for a list of Senior housing locations. You may get lucky and find a vacancy immediately. If not, you can add your name to senior housing lists and when an apartment becomes available, you'll be notified.

Explain that your landloard <king midos> has no compassion even though you've paid the jerk more than three months rent when you had the money to do so.

Senior advisors can suggest programs you may qualilfy for.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2005 05:24 pm
You and your 3 friends have supported 67,171.5 square feet!

Marine Wetlands habitat supported: 13,845.7 square feet.
You have supported: (6,940.6)
Your 3 friends have supported: (6,905.0)

American Prairie habitat supported: 1,372.5 square feet.
You have supported: (700.4)
Your 3 friends have supported: (672.0)

Rainforest habitat supported: 51,953.4 square feet.
You have supported: (20,025.9)
Your 3 friends have supported: (31,927.4)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1 Aktbird57 .. 1167 44.558 acres
0 Replies

danon5

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2005 05:46 pm
Late clicks - but, clicked.
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2005 06:50 pm
Subsidized housing around here, even for seniors, allows for no pets. Or gardening. Not an option for this one.
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2005 06:53 pm
Hang in there, sumac.

You'll find the right solution for you and kittens. Very Happy
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 02:28 am
sumac wrote:
Belize to Wisconsin? Hmm..... And I thought he was in Florida... Hmmm....
Si. Opportunity to partner up with my best friend, best Chef, I know was irresistible. I couldn't recommend more strongly that you consider Costa Rica instead! (You were close ehBeth Smile ). Prices are a little higher than Belize, but to me it looked like the very best place to relocate to if one is so inclined. Every dollar is still worth 5 there, and eventually we'll be neighbors. :wink:
0 Replies

danon5

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 07:02 am
Morn'n all,

Hi OBill, I agree re Costa Rica - really nice place. I've read recently though that the gov is tightening up on retirees moving there due to the absolute high volume of people doing so.

I can imagine a time not too distant where the only available land will be to make your own island in an ocean somewhere.

Clicked.............................
0 Replies

pwayfarer

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 08:06 am
all clicked in. I second the vote for Costa Rica.
0 Replies

Magginkat

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 08:10 am
Stradee wrote:
sumac, people in Belize arn't any better - or anywhere else for that matter when money is an issue. The world sucks big time...

Senior advisors can suggest programs you may qualilfy for.

Personally, the only thing I know about Belize is that it's a tax shelter for the wealthy. The chairman of our local DEC (democratic executive committee) is a friend of mine & has several businesses there. I'll try to remember to call him today to see what kind of info he might have.

But since he is a wealthy man, who I am sure is doing what the other wealthy men do, I doubt that he will be able to provide much info on housing that you or I could afford.

0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 09:33 am
sumac, doesn't cost a thing to ask.

Good friends of mine have a condo in Jamaica, and my friend relates stories regarding the locals, how people live <not the touristy areas> the envornment <pollution> food costs <through the roof> etc.

I suspect all the places mentioned <Belize, Costa Rica, etc.> even for people with above average incomes that have relocated, have dealt with issues. They can also return to the states if they choose to do so.
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 09:38 am
oops, I meant to address the post to Maggie also Smile
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 12:49 pm
I need to start a discussion about this administration and global warming, but since it is swarmy, I'll have to put it in Politics. Stay tuned for link.

I know, I know about Costa Rica. But the prices have been driven sky high.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 06:25 pm
Habitat supported by you and your friends

You and your 283 friends have supported 1,941,695.7 square feet!

Marine Wetlands habitat supported: 49,814.1 square feet.
You have supported: (0.0)
Your 283 friends have supported: (49,814.1)

American Prairie habitat supported: 36,467.6 square feet.
You have supported: (10,253.4)
Your 283 friends have supported: (26,214.2)

Rainforest habitat supported: 1,855,414.0 square feet.
You have supported: (161,917.3)
Your 283 friends have supported: (1,693,496.7)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1 Aktbird57 .. 1168 44.571 acres
0 Replies

danon5

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2005 07:27 am
G'Day everybody,

It's a good day to save another tree.

Clicked............................
0 Replies

pwayfarer

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2005 09:03 am
Trees are the best. Right on,Danon. Clickin' in.
0 Replies