What do we do to get some sane Conservatives around here?

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2020 02:32 pm
I love to have intelligent discussions with people that I disagree with. And, I think I have shown that I will try to engage with anyone. However, it is impossible to have an intelligent discussion without some level of intelligence on the other side.

The conservatives on Able2know right now are completely nuts.

- They think "White Lives Matter" is a good campaign slogan.
- They state that "Joe Biden" wants Black people to rape White people.
- They believe that Democrats want to start extermination camps for Americans.

I am not making this up, open up any political thread and you will see conservatives making exactly these claims.

Anyone who has been here for any amount of time know that I am willing to push back on the liberals here. And there is some liberal craziness and some people who are difficult to have an intelligent conversation with too.

There are plenty of liberals who can lay out a reasoned argument and show some nuance and even (at times) accept facts that don't support their ideology. Yes, I get frustrated with liberals too... but it is nowhere near the wild accusations and wacky conspiracy theories of the current batch of conservatives.

It is sad because it turns conservatism into a bad joke, there is a lot of ridiculous crap and very little actual content that I can learning anything from. It is kind of fun playing with them... but I miss having intelligent conversations with real conservatives.

There is only one person on Able2know right now who self-identifies as a conservative without literally believing that the Democrats want to make Nazi rape slave camps. I give him respect. I wish there were more.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 6 • Views: 1,026 • Replies: 54

View best answer, chosen by maxdancona
oralloy
  Selected Answer

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2020 06:53 pm
maxdancona wrote:
What do we do to get some sane Conservatives around here?

Your definition of "sane" is "they agree with me".

maxdancona wrote:
I love to have intelligent discussions with people that I disagree with.

So how come you run away from such discussions all the time?

maxdancona wrote:
And, I think I have shown that I will try to engage with anyone.

You engage in light banter. You run away from a conversation as soon as you are confronted with facts or logic that prove you are wrong.

maxdancona wrote:
However, it is impossible to have an intelligent discussion without some level of intelligence on the other side.

Me and my 170 IQ are right here any time you don't feel like running away.

And I'm far from the only intelligent conservative here. The other conservatives are plenty smart as well.

maxdancona wrote:

In other words we have a position that you don't agree with.

maxdancona wrote:

It is primarily white women who will be raped under a Biden presidency. White men will likely just be murdered.

You know, if my ideas are so terrible, you shouldn't have any problem arguing against them. Whenever I see something that I don't agree with, I have no trouble at all saying why it is wrong.

Your problems is, since everything that I am saying is true, you have no way to argue against anything that I say.

maxdancona wrote:
It is kind of fun playing with them... but I miss having intelligent conversations with real conservatives.

If you miss it, stop running away from it.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2020 07:07 pm
@oralloy,
Thank you for that Oralloy. You make my point better than I do.
oralloy

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2020 07:15 pm
@maxdancona,
If you ever decide that you actually do want to have an intelligent conversation, all you need to do is stop running away from everyone who is willing to have an intelligent conversation.

And go look at the comet if you haven't seen it already. It's worth a look.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2020 07:24 pm
@oralloy,
Did you read your own signature Oralloy? I will pay for your "White Lives Matter" t-shirt if you wear it proudly to Trump rallies (same offer goes to any conservative here).
oralloy

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2020 07:41 pm
@maxdancona,
Of course I read it. I wrote it. What's wrong with it?
maxdancona

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2020 07:49 pm
@oralloy,
Sorry Oralloy, I didn't start this thread to bicker with you.

I wrote this thread for people who understand what I am talking about.

McGentrix

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2020 07:54 pm
@maxdancona,
How about because all the ******* nuts liberals and their various brat packs have run them all off?

Make one response about anything you get 5 thumbs down and 20 posts that change the subject to how terrible x is before getting a chance to make a reasonable response?

Don't act like that doesn't/hasn't happened.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2020 07:58 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

How about because all the ******* nuts liberals and their various brat packs have run them all off?

Make one response about anything you get 5 thumbs down and 20 posts that change the subject to how terrible x is before getting a chance to make a reasonable response?

Don't act like that doesn't/hasn't happened.

I agree with you about this. I have had my share of troubles with the "******* nuts liberals".

It shouldn't surprise you that I agree with you.
oralloy

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2020 07:59 pm
@McGentrix,
The mass downvotes won't resume until bobsal comes back from his suspension.

Granted, conservatives still get voted down a few times. But usually not all the way past -5.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2020 08:45 pm
@McGentrix,
I want to say that the "******* nuts" liberals are more sane than the current batch of "******* nuts" conservatives.

I realize that I have no objective way to make this comparison. But the "******* nuts" conservatives actually seem to believe Black people are going to rape and murder White people should Biden win.

I don't know of any thing that crazy from the left.
oralloy

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2020 09:05 pm
@maxdancona,
As I said, your definition of "sane" is "they agree with me".
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2020 09:06 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
Sorry Oralloy, I didn't start this thread to bicker with you.

This is an example of you running away from an intelligent conversation as soon as you are confronted with facts and logic.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2020 09:54 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

I agree with you about this. I have had my share of troubles with the "******* nuts liberals".

It shouldn't surprise you that I agree with you.

Not at all surprising. What IS surprising is your wondering why there are no "sane" conservatives here.

What does A2K really offer them?
hightor

Reply Wed 15 Jul, 2020 02:56 am
@McGentrix,
Quote:
What does A2K really offer them?

It's a place where they can show up anytime to bash progressives and insult liberals!

It's a place where they can post low-intellect articles, cartoons, and memes to ineffectively counter mainstream media reporters, journalists, and pundits!

It's a place where they can brag about all the wonderful accomplishments of the Trump administration and defend it from scurrilous charges and inconvenient facts!

It's a place where they can have their ideological purity confirmed by amassing large numbers of thumb-downs from the resident snowflakes!
maxdancona

Reply Wed 15 Jul, 2020 06:59 am
@hightor,
Hightor,

You are making McGentrix's point for him.
Region Philbis

Reply Wed 15 Jul, 2020 07:12 am
@maxdancona,

if you are only posting in the Politics forum, if your purview is that narrow,
then you are not taking advantage of what the rest of the site has to offer...
hightor

Reply Wed 15 Jul, 2020 07:16 am
@maxdancona,
Where did I say anything that is untrue? With minor editing, all those points can be applied to a certain type of liberal poster as well.

There are lots of conservatives who enjoy message board fistfights.

As do a lot of liberals.

You asked what we could do to get some sane conservatives around here. I suggest that sane conservatives — and increasingly, sane liberals — don't find these endless ideological battles all that edifying and choose not to participate. Really, did you ever try to make reasonable arguments on a gun thread?

EDIT: and Region Philbis makes a really good point — there are plenty of threads where no one knows or cares what your political views are. There may be all kinds of sane conservatives on the site — sane enough not to want to discuss politics.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 15 Jul, 2020 08:24 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

I love to have intelligent discussions with people that I disagree with. And, I think I have shown that I will try to engage with anyone. However, it is impossible to have an intelligent discussion without some level of intelligence on the other side.

- They believe that Democrats want to start extermination camps for Americans.

I am not making this up, open up any political thread and you will see conservatives making exactly these claims.

Anyone who has been here for any amount of time know that I am willing to push back on the liberals here. And there is some liberal craziness and some people who are difficult to have an intelligent conversation with too.

There are plenty of liberals who can lay out a reasoned argument and show some nuance and even (at times) accept facts that don't support their ideology. Yes, I get frustrated with liberals too... but it is nowhere near the wild accusations and wacky conspiracy theories of the current batch of conservatives.

It is sad because it turns conservatism into a bad joke, there is a lot of ridiculous crap and very little actual content that I can learning anything from. It is kind of fun playing with them... but I miss having intelligent conversations with real conservatives.

There is only one person on Able2know right now who self-identifies as a conservative without literally believing that the Democrats want to make Nazi rape slave camps. I give him respect. I wish there were more.

Good luck in your quest, Max.

I suspect that the ONLY sane American conservatives are people who despise the fact that Trump is now the face of the GOP...and essentially, the fact of American conservatism. That kind of person should have no trouble at all posting here...even in the political area. That kind of person will find more to embrace here than reject.

I also suspect most sane American conservatives want to hide right now...to be as far from the foray as possible.

This is not a good time for American conservatives!

That is probably one reason you see so few of them around.
McGentrix

Reply Wed 15 Jul, 2020 10:42 am
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:

if you are only posting in the Politics forum, if your purview is that narrow,
then you are not taking advantage of what the rest of the site has to offer...

The sports stuff on A2K is the only thing that keeps me here. I enjoy the friends I think I have made through sports here. It is not the political stuff.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » What do we do to get some sane Conservatives around here?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 07:46:49