What do we do to get some sane Conservatives around here?

oralloy

Reply Wed 15 Jul, 2020 02:22 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
A sane person would not support the NRA's murderous campaign of school shootings.

No such campaign.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 15 Jul, 2020 02:23 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
The NRA is an organisation of paedophiles dedicated to murdering children.

No they aren't.

izzythepush wrote:
You can lie as much as you want

You are the only person here who chooses to lie.

izzythepush wrote:
but their actions show what they are.

Their actions show that they value freedom and civil liberties.

izzythepush wrote:
After every school shooting they march through the town in celebration, even going as far as threatening the parents of the victims.

No they don't.

izzythepush wrote:
They're the American equivalent of the Brownshirts.

Wrong again. Progressives fill that role.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 15 Jul, 2020 02:24 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
We have sane gun laws here,

Don't be silly. There was nothing sane about you guys abolishing your freedom.

izzythepush wrote:
we don't allow paedophiles to set gun control laws here.

Hardly pedophiles. Get a grip.

izzythepush wrote:
The NRA don't do anything about government overreach.
That's a lie you tell yourselves.

Actually yes they do. That's why the overreachers are always so frustrated with them.

izzythepush wrote:
The NRA is all about sad inadequate men pretending to be important while anonymously threatening the parents of school shootings.

Wrong again. It's about people not letting progressives violate their civil liberties.

izzythepush wrote:
It's the most successful terrorist organisation in the World.

Wrong again. Civil liberties have nothing to do with terrorism.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 15 Jul, 2020 03:00 pm
@McGentrix,
Thanks.

0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 15 Jul, 2020 03:04 pm
@McGentrix,

McGentrix wrote:

I did not support Hillary and I do not support Biden. Both are far more dangerous to America than Trump can even dream of being.

One...nice way to avoid the questions.

Two...Hillary Clinton and Joe Biden would be better presidents and less a danger to America on their worst days...than Trump would be on his best.
McGentrix

Reply Wed 15 Jul, 2020 03:57 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Hey! We both have an opinion! They are just different.
0 Replies

justaguy2

Reply Thu 16 Jul, 2020 08:12 am
@McGentrix,
I know, but I think Izzy's point was that, America seems to have a different meaning to most other countries when it comes to the word "liberal", and seems to associate that with "a progressive". When as Izzy said, in most other countries, the term "liberal" would be associated with someone who would be considered "a conservative".

My point was that, both what you would refer to as a "liberal" and a "progressive" can have some views that you might say are "right", as well as some other views that maybe considered "left". That was my point: given that, it therefore seems somewhat meaningless to use the terms "left" and "right".

Like I said above, I consider myself to be more libertarian more than anything else. So for example, I don't believe the government has a place to be trying to force social change by way of law, it should be left up to society to both drive enact social change, not government. I don't believe the government should be even getting involved in societal issues full stop, unless there is the potential for something to affect and/or harm other people. Therefore, and regardless of the issue, unless it has the potential to affect and/or harm other people, then the government should butt out of it.

Marriage is a prime example of this, as IMHO, it's none of anyone else's business who or even what someone wants to marry. I don't care if you want to marry your bed, while admittedly you'll be hard-pressed for your bed to say "I do" at the wedding, it doesn't affect anyone else, and it's got nothing to do with anyone else. The only aspects of the law and/or government should be involved in any way in someone else's marriage would be with respect to financial status and the legal status of the couple as a union. Beyond those legal aspects of a marriage, then there is no justification for any further involvement of the law and/or government - let alone dictating who or even what one can and can't marry (as long as the other person is of legal age perhaps).

Gun laws are a good example of where there is justification for the government and the law to be involved, as not only can people use guns to harm others, they can kill others with them. And as proven time after time in the USA, if guns fall into the wrong hands, it's likely going to result in disaster. In Australia, it was after the Port Arthur massacre the state and federal governments agreed on the national firearms agreement to ban semi-automatic weapons, which was the right thing to do. There has not been any such incidents since...
justaguy2

Reply Thu 16 Jul, 2020 08:20 am
@izzythepush,
We have Universal Health Care here in Australia too, and I totally agree with you that it's just totally bizarre for something like health care to be viewed as "far left" when as you correctly point out, it's mainstream here, in the UK, even in Canada just over the border from the USA too.

The impression I get is a "I'm looking after number one, and who gives a **** about those that can't afford to pay for their own... why should I pay for someone else's??!" type attitude, particularly from the nutjobs the support trump in the USA. It's pretty sad that Americans seem to think that way, or at least more than just a few of them if we're being honest.

So yeah, absolutely agree and can see exactly what you mean... sad.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
Dr Sliptinschit

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2020 11:49 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:
I wrote this thread for people who understand what I am talking about.

That would be nobody.
0 Replies

Dr Sliptinschit

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2020 12:01 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
conservatives actually seem to believe Black people are going to rape and murder White people

They already do.
0 Replies

Dr Sliptinschit

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2020 12:55 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Lemme ask:

Did you support Trump in 2016?

Do you continue to support Trump?

Yes and yes.

There is no good reason not to support Trump.
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2020 01:32 pm
@Dr Sliptinschit,
Dr Sliptinschit wrote:

Quote:
Lemme ask:

Did you support Trump in 2016?

Do you continue to support Trump?

Yes and yes.

There is no good reason not to support Trump.

Yeah, that was addressed to McG.

Thanks for answering it.

Here is the rest of that post:

If you answer the first question "YES" and the second "NO"...it would go a long way toward establishing sane, reasonable thinking on your part.

If you answer the first question "YES" and the second one also "YES"...my opinion is that you are bat **** crazy.

Gonna be interested to see your answers.
0 Replies

Teufel

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2020 07:08 pm
@maxdancona,
It would seem to myself, as someone who originates from a truly democratic country with a PR system which actually works to give a balanced government .... that the people you are identifying have little to do with politics in any way.

Rather these are people are representative of the masses .... the great unwashed.

They have below even average IQ, a complete ignorance of life, often a lack of even basic education and they are socio economic failures. Their lives have actually been blighted by post industrialisation. However, rather than understanding the facts of their tawdry, nasty failed life, rather than grasping that indeed it is their own pathetic ineptitude which is the problem with their existence .... They look for simplistic targets to blame for their plight.

What do these people always respond to, country immaterial? Racism, phobias regarding skin tone, origin, religions, customs and so forth. Then they are always but always ..... Patriots! A more loathsome, dumb and repugnant creature than a patriot it is hard to imagine.

Patriotism must be without doubt the greatest display of sheer ignorance and stupidity a person can choose to display .... "Because I fell out of my mother, by pure random chance, in country ZXZYZXY .... It is the f***ing best country in the world which is why everyone wants to come here and steal what is rightfully mine!!"

It is bizarre, it is the crass plebeian mind at work ... The powerful use this risible stupidity in the plebs to control them, to massage them, to force propaganda down their throats until they are so full of patriotic fervour they lose all rationality. Even the little they had.

Personally I do not debate on the internet or in real life, for very good reason. It is a waste of time. The inbreeds will never listen to reason or change their minds when presented with something as dull as facts ... Have you not heard the 'Experts are idiots' rubbish these wretched fools dribble.

What is concerning, if you care, which I don't ... is that the possibility of an actual 3rd World War taking place has it's odds shortening by the day. The status quo of the last 100 years is disintegrating; as the USA's fiscal hegemony melts away in the heat from China, the balance of power is changing. Unfortunately the USA is a vicious bully of a country with way too many weapons and 'patriots'.

China has made vast inroads in the US since 2008; It now controls/owns vast tracts of US land, US fiscal organs and raw materials production .... Meanwhile it is continues to push in military terms in the S China sea and it wants Taiwan back. Indeed Russia has passed laws to stop the Chinese buying up vast areas of the Russian controlled empire ... The USA? LOL, no, way too greedy to think.

Meanwhile the idiots are voting for Ultra Right populists/narcissists which is much the same thing of course ... Said populists like Trump, Johnson in the UK and the various other assorted bigots in power in places such as Austria and Poland ... Their balls are certainly bigger than their brains.

It seems to me if one has to have a society, then the only one that makes sense is where everyone at least gets to eat, have access to free at the point of use; medical care and education (at all levels). Plus people should have housing, social housing if they cannot afford to buy their own. Oh and there needs to be a justice system which is based in pure rehabilitation, not the completely dysfunctional Retributive systems as seen in the USA, UK and other such cess pits.

My family are everything these locked in life failures are not .... We are generationally wealthy (aka old money), we are highly educated, we are hugely successful and we do not waste a minute of our time blaming anyone else for any failures in our lives ... We simply put them right ourselves if they come about, which is of course - beyond rare.

In fact in my view it is time we had a really decent war, kill a few hundred million off, clear out the gutters .... If I was one of the dead, it would be a very small price to pay knowing that these inbreeds will definitely be dead as well Cool

0 Replies

Dr Sliptinschit

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2020 09:43 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
You are making McGentrix's point for him.

Have you ever made a point for someone?
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 07:43:42