Facebook experiment

oralloy

Mon 6 Jul, 2020 02:26 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
Apparently Facebook considers hateful posts against a racial minority to be far more objectionable than posts attacking White people.
I would argue that this makes sense. My to reaction to Kill Whitey is an eye roll, I know FreedomEyeRoll is being sarcastic, where racial attacks on Black people are racial attacks.

Racial attacks on white people are racial attacks too. Trivializing anti-white racism is wrong.

maxdancona wrote:
Social context is important. When a woman slaps me in a bar, no one jumps in to defend me. If a man slaps a woman, I will be one of the first to jump in.

That is sexist.

If I ever punch a woman in self defense, I'll also defend myself from anyone who feels a need to prevent me from defending myself.

maxdancona wrote:
I argue that in FreedomEye's little experiment, Facebook is acting rationally.

I say that Facebook are racist pigs.

maxdancona wrote:
Accepting that racial minorities experience real racism.... why shouldn't Facebook take these attacks far more seriously?

White people are the ones who are experiencing real racism these days.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Mon 6 Jul, 2020 02:48 pm
@maxdancona,
Care to elaborate?

I can safely say, I've never called you an incel or a bigot or a moron. I've never written those words on any internet board or blog. Until a couple of years ago, I'd never to the best of my recollection, even heard the word "incel" and asked what it was.

0 Replies

maxdancona

Mon 6 Jul, 2020 02:55 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

There is ample factual basis. Look at the way black people are freely attacking white people, and the white people are fired and prosecuted if they call the police or try to protect themselves.

This isn't a fact, it is a political slogan.

Here is a fact (and since facts have sources... I am giving you the source as well).

Code:There are 12.0 white on white attacks per 1000 white people (where
the victim and perpetrator are both white).

There are 16.5 black on black attacks per 1000 black people.

There are 3.1 black on white attacks and 2.8 white on black attacks (per 1000 people).

https://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/rhovo1215_sum.pdf

Your idea that White people need to be protected from Black people is stupid. I won't comment on whether it is racist or not, but it certainly isn't based on any facts or logic.

oralloy

Mon 6 Jul, 2020 03:01 pm
@maxdancona,
White people have value and do not deserve to be harmed whether you like it or not. And that is very much a fact.

Any white person who doesn't want to be raped or murdered should vote for Mr. Trump in November.
maxdancona

Mon 6 Jul, 2020 03:24 pm
@oralloy,
You started out saying that Black people and White people should be treated equally. I was talking specifically about the racism that Black people still face. Someone we are now talking about violence in general (although the current issue is specifically police violence).

Racism faced by racial minorities is far worse than anything faced by White people. I know this first hand, not only from scores of scientific studies (i.e. facts), but also from personal experience. I am a White man with children who are dark skinned. I had to raise a son in this climate and saw what he faced first hand.

Let's define a couple of terms.

It is ignorance when you simply don't understand something, either through lack of knowledge or experience. It is idiocy when you ignore basic facts and reality to say something ridiculous.

You started this conversation stating that the races should be treated equally. This is an ignorant position. It is balanced in a simplistic ways, but it shows that you don't understand the racism that is faced by Black and Hispanic people every day. It simply shows that you lack knowledge and experience (and haven't yet been motivated to learn for yourself).

Now you are claiming that White people are more at risk. That is just idiocy.
oralloy

Mon 6 Jul, 2020 03:45 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
You started out saying that Black people and White people should be treated equally. I was talking specifically about the racism that Black people still face.

They don't still face racism. Today they are the racists.

maxdancona wrote:
although the current issue is specifically police violence

The issue is violence perpetrated by black people against both white people and police officers.

Police officers are not being violent. They are merely protecting themselves.

maxdancona wrote:
You started this conversation stating that the races should be treated equally. This is an ignorant position.

It is a fair and just position.

maxdancona wrote:
It is balanced in a simplistic ways, but it shows that you don't understand the racism that is faced by Black and Hispanic people every day.

Today it is white people who are the targets of racism.

maxdancona wrote:
Now you are claiming that White people are more at risk. That is just idiocy.

It is the truth.
0 Replies

FreedomEyeLove

Mon 6 Jul, 2020 04:30 pm
This is ridiculous. Can we ever have a thread with healthy discussion that max doesn't derail and make all about himself?

Black people are "more at risk" ...talk about eye rolling.
maxdancona

Mon 6 Jul, 2020 05:08 pm
@FreedomEyeLove,
FreedomEyeLove wrote:

This is ridiculous. Can we ever have a thread with healthy discussion that max doesn't derail and make all about himself?

Black people are "more at risk" ...talk about eye rolling.

Bing Bing.

And Max wins Able2know!
0 Replies