How jackholes filibusterer the internet and silence others

Wed 17 Jun, 2020 09:27 pm
I have been banned for the past month.

I have to assume it has to do with this: https://able2know.org/topic/267070-1065#post-7006687

So it's perfectly fine when TheCobbler uses the term "F*cking Ret*rds" to refer to republicans, but when I use the exact same term in the same thread to refer to democrats I get a month ban? Explain to me how that works?

Also, during this time period I witnessed neptuneblue call livinglava a "F*cking F*ckface" over and over repeatedly. Why did this not result in a ban?

It seems very obvious that the 'rules' are being selectively enforced here.

I guess name calling and personal attacks are perfectly acceptable against conservatives. But if those conservatives fight back they will be banned.

...seems fair.

Not like that's a steaming pile of hypocrisy or anything. Not like that's proof positive that A2K (and tech companies in general) treat conservatives unfairly.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 10 • Views: 2,047 • Replies: 53
Topic Closed

neptuneblue

Wed 17 Jun, 2020 09:42 pm
@FreedomEyeLove,
They like me better.

Besides, the post was pulled.

Such a whiner.
FreedomEyeLove

Wed 17 Jun, 2020 10:04 pm
@neptuneblue,
Quote:
They like me better.

Of course they like you more. You're a leftist looney just like them. They're in cahoots with you.

Quote:
Besides, the post was pulled.

Ah, but see you didn't get banned for a month like I did. If a conservative had said the exact same thing, they would've been banned.

Funny how that works...

Also, funny how when people started calling out the sock accounts, in-crowd abuse, and moderator abuse, this thread got shut down closed. Funny that... https://able2know.org/topic/548824-1

neptuneblue

Thu 18 Jun, 2020 04:56 am
@FreedomEyeLove,
FreedomEyeLove wrote:
Also, funny how when people started calling out the sock accounts, in-crowd abuse, and moderator abuse, this thread got shut down closed. Funny that... https://able2know.org/topic/548824-1

And I got pulled into that thread just like this one. You don't actually want a conversation. You want chaos and won't settle for anything else.

You get out of control, get banned, then come back to blame others for your poor behavior. I'm not to blame for your ban - you are. I'm not to blame for your down votes - you are. And I'm not to blame for your chaos - you are.

So like I told Max in that other thread, leave me out of your ****.
maxdancona

Thu 18 Jun, 2020 09:14 am
@neptuneblue,
Quote:
So like I told Max in that other thread, leave me out of your ****.

Hey.... Neptune. I am not part of this thread.

Hypocrite!
Ragman

Thu 18 Jun, 2020 09:35 am
@FreedomEyeLove,
I feel badly for you. You do realize that this forum is allowing this protesting post. If your being mistreated so badly then you should find a forum that appreciates you more. After all, you’re posts are so convincing, persuasive and intellectually stimulating that you should spread the wealth around further. We’re just not worthy.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Thu 18 Jun, 2020 09:43 am
I don't want to see you banned, FreedomEye. That being said....

Some of your posts made me cringe-- and it is difficult to make me cringe. I am generally the one making other people cringe. Your posts seem to be designed as nasty attacks with the goal to offend people.

.... and that is coming from me.

It would go a long way if you made an attempt to show a little respect for people with opinions outside of your ideological bubble.

0 Replies

McGentrix

Thu 18 Jun, 2020 10:58 am
@FreedomEyeLove,
I hate saying this.... (I really do)

Go along or get along. This isn't a free platform to spout what you want. This is someone's paid for platform and the owner chose people to decide what is acceptably and what is not based on some loose guideline or another.

If you do not like what is posted here or how it's managed, don't come here. You, as a freedom loving individual have to understand that. We are playing on private property. Sometimes people get trespassed.
FreedomEyeLove

Thu 18 Jun, 2020 11:48 am
@McGentrix,
Quote:
This is someone's paid for platform and the owner chose people to decide what is acceptably and what is not based on some loose guideline or another.

"loose guideline" is the wrong term. "Selectively enforced guideline based on political ideology" is the correct description for what's very obviously going on here.

I have no problem with private companies deciding how to run their platforms.

That being said, there are very clear double standards being enforced here. That needs to be noted, because it is incontrovertibly true.

There is no point in posting 'rules' and pretending that they apply here to everyone equally. They don't. The rules are selectively enforced against conservatives and in favor of liberals.

Why not just say that? Why not just put in the rules that conservative opinions will face much stricter scrutiny and censorship than liberals?

You want to use the 'private company' defense'? Fine. But be transparent. Don't feign impartiality when that is just is not being enforced.

Like all liberal tech companies, they want their cake and to eat it too. they want to be seen as being impartial, and yet decide who gets to speak and who doesn't based on nothing but ideology.

Textbook liberal hypocrisy. I'm just pointing it out.
McGentrix

Thu 18 Jun, 2020 12:04 pm
@FreedomEyeLove,
I have no problem posting my conservative view points here and have never been banned. I have an extensive ignore list and sometimes I get a full page of blank posts. I ignore post meant to get a rise out of me because I don't care about those posts or those posters opinions. They are meaningless.

I sometimes will post something meant to be inflammatory but it is never directed towards any specific user.

If you can't control your reactions and let people push your buttons then you will continual see the wrong end of the ban stick. Just ignore the people that bother you. It's a much better experience.

For example, my life on A2K without ever having to read a single post from Glitterbag or Izzythepush has made A2K pleasant. I get to have enjoyable back and forths with users that I consider worthy of having a back and forth with and the static gets weeded out.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Thu 18 Jun, 2020 01:33 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
...I'm not part of this thread.

Liar! By putting a word or more in a thread, you become part of it. So, stop your attempts at puffing yourself up as some kind of saint.

0 Replies

Sturgis

Thu 18 Jun, 2020 01:39 pm
Anywho, the other day a post of mine was yanked.

It was weird that it got pulled.

You see folks, maximillius had indicated he had set up a date for the following day and I said something along the lines of him dating an anatomically correct doll. That post remains. The follow-up post where I said something to the effect of maximillius having a conjugal visit with a sock, disappeared.

It's pointless to try to figure what leads to what.
Frank Apisa

Thu 18 Jun, 2020 01:41 pm
@McGentrix,

McGentrix wrote:

I hate saying this.... (I really do)

Go along or get along. This isn't a free platform to spout what you want. This is someone's paid for platform and the owner chose people to decide what is acceptably and what is not based on some loose guideline or another.

If you do not like what is posted here or how it's managed, don't come here. You, as a freedom loving individual have to understand that. We are playing on private property. Sometimes people get trespassed.

Excellent post, McG. Well conceived and well crafted. I understand why you "hated to say it"...and commend you for doing so anyway.

Thanks.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Thu 18 Jun, 2020 01:49 pm
@Sturgis,
https://theproofangelcartoons.files.wordpress.com/2016/04/conjugal-visit-2.jpg
0 Replies

maxdancona

Thu 18 Jun, 2020 01:53 pm
@Sturgis,
It is all in good fun with my friend, Izzy.
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 18 Jun, 2020 04:36 pm
FreedomEyeLove wrote:
I have been banned for the past month.
I have to assume it has to do with this:

I don't think it was. I have no actual knowledge, but I have a suspicion.

I think I'll explain my suspicion to you in an PM though, and not in public. I'm not infallible, and could very well be wrong.

Usually with suspensions there is an email explaining what you did wrong. You should check your inbox for a month-old email from a2k.
maxdancona

Thu 18 Jun, 2020 05:35 pm
@oralloy,
My theory is that FreedomEye was banned for antisemitism. There were a couple of times where his posts crossed a line, and antisemitism seems to be one of the clear lines you can not cross here.

oralloy

Thu 18 Jun, 2020 06:24 pm
@maxdancona,
I see progressives falsely accuse Israel of imaginary atrocities all the time on a2k.

Well, perhaps not literally every single second. But quite often.
0 Replies

FreedomEyeLove

Thu 18 Jun, 2020 06:28 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
I think I'll explain my suspicion to you in an PM though, and not in public.

I'll private message you later. ...we can have a little top secret "alt right"/"white supremacy" pow wow where we can conspire against all the brown people. Muhahahahaha!

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/iS0_5tjbsIw6nUBBCGCuF88RnU_e3o8NpsWudukjxJbmlgNMPI5o8KzW-4iiG5NTEnOwv-yft094Q7KLErejC2AG0UK_v0F3Dcwky-Td0MLUWllHWa5d9OxERExmOiRcDLBIr0EGhUeco5bewjHfzFiTh81S77rlJZM
0 Replies

FreedomEyeLove

Thu 18 Jun, 2020 06:30 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
My theory is that FreedomEye was banned for antisemitism. There were a couple of times where his posts crossed a line

You are imagining things that never happened. I've literally never said anything antisemitic here.

I'm half Jewish, so I would be a pretty bad antisemite.

I even have a topic thread criticizing Illham Omar and the Dems for antisemitism.

https://able2know.org/topic/501128-1
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » How jackholes filibusterer the internet and silence others
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/16/2024 at 12:24:38