Changes in consciousness

yovav

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2020 10:19 am
If we see how the perceptions and consciousness changes have changed (in very short couple of sentence) , philosophy seems to have given way to behavioral psychology (Wundt 1879).
The latter has been replaced by cognitive psychology.
Since then, psychology has attempted to simulate natural science by clinging to empirical research.
What will be the next paradigm? and what will its investigative tools be?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,698 • Replies: 9
No top replies

mark noble

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2020 10:36 am
@yovav,
Natural psychology - Innate recognition.... Tools=Ego-Free intuition & Faith in such.

Have a Lovely Day
yovav

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2020 09:47 pm
@mark noble,
Will you be able to expand a little ?
mark noble

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2020 10:00 am
@yovav,
Once the Ego is dissolved - All becomes 'Naturally' measurable - Therefor 'Natural' psychology will take precedence.

EGO-Psychology is Coming to a close.
Have a Lovely Day
0 Replies

yovav

Reply Fri 10 Jul, 2020 10:52 pm
@mark noble,
How can I achieve intuition free of ego?
mark noble

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2020 07:57 am
@yovav,
Firstly by understanding the 'ego-construct'.
Then by diminishing its control over you.

Buddha - Existence is 'Suffering' - The cause of which is 'desire' (Want).

If you're genuinely interested, and prepared to dispel your ego - I am happy to point you in the right direction - Howeverso fitting I choose.

Have an outstandingly average everything
0 Replies

Teufel

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2020 05:57 am
@yovav,
You can't. Any more than one can research without 'Confirmation bias'.
Psychology is presently deemed a science .... that is due to it's origins and need to fit into the status quo of subjects being taken seriously at the time.

It is becoming apparent to many of the professionals who are involved in present day research that the definition of psychology being deemed a 'science' is holding it back from achieving many understandings.

As with all academically researched subjects, the problem is 'peer approval', without that approval one is soon sidelined, but when the people who are in control of the major 'praise' are of the 'old school' then change is painfully slow.

In 100 yrs time psychology will look different, but it'll take that long in generational changes to create the new outlook where 'reflexivity' is acceptable along with 'science'.

My wife is a renowned Dr of Psychology ... One should be careful of internet pundits and the little view from their window.
mark noble

Reply Thu 13 Aug, 2020 06:46 am
@yovav,
I'll pm you, Yoyav - It's easier than hitting your 'self' in the face with your 'self'.
Listen to nobody.
yovav

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2020 11:56 pm
@Teufel,
I strongly agree that the same rigid criteria of science on the one hand are necessary in order to get results that are valid and objective but on the other hand are set within boundaries that make it difficult to get new insight and go beyond those boundaries.
0 Replies

yovav

Reply Mon 24 Aug, 2020 01:24 am
@mark noble,
And in simpler words?
0 Replies