Anybody care to read the quotes I decided to write tonight?

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2005 02:20 am
I was reading over this board tonight and really enjoyed some of the quotes, both the intellectual and comedic. So I sat down awhile ago, in hopes to write something funny myself. After turning on music and staring at the screen, I decided that I am too stupid and that writing funny one liners is just too damn hard.

In turn, I decided I could at least try to put down some philosophical bs. I've never done this before, but I was shooting for quotes that weren't trite. I tried to avoid the standard simile form "A broken heart is like a box of kittens because..." et cetera. So yeah, I'm kind of high and touch on the same subjects, but here is what I came up with for original quotes written between 1:45 Am and 3:00 AM on my computer while I listened to music and let my buzz die.

Feel free to criticize or comment. I enjoy honest feedback:

To love your flaws, laugh at your insecurity, and embrace your morality is to be confident. To be confident is to be liked. To be liked is to be happy. To be happy is to love your flaws, laugh at your insecurity, and embrace your mortality.

If someone were to ask me what happiness was, I would show them "dancing". For dancing represents all that is great in life. During the moments we dance our minds are free from all insecurity, inhibitions, and worries. We are free to fully absorb the music, the lights, the atmosphere and most importantly the people surrounding us who are feeling the exact same thing. When we dance we are one. When we are one, we love others unconditionally.

There is but one cause of and solution to all the world's problems: unconditional love. To unconditionally love ourselves is to feel ourselves superior, never question our flaws, and never learn or grow into the brilliant beings we can be. To unconditionally love others is to categorically embrace their flaws, feel ourselves grateful to know them, and to learn from and grow with them in harmony. The former divides, while the latter brings together.

Always remember the pain of rejection is but a gust of wind, in comparison to the tornado that is regret.

There is no greater virtue than to unconditionally accept, understand, and love those that don't accept, understand, or love you.

I pity the stupid as they are oblivious to one of the greatest joys in life: laughing at both stupid people and stupid people that ignorantly laugh at other stupid people.

(Can't decide which one of the next three thoughts best represents my sentiments on the rejection vs. regret trade off)

Rejection starts you on the road towards inexorable strength, while regret breaks your spirit and impedes your growth as you are too busy thinking about what could have been, instead of what STILL could be.

Regret is nothing more than God's corporate tax for the greedy in spirit. On top of suffering anguish from opportunities forgone, regret impedes your growth as you are too busy thinking about what could have been, instead of what still could be.

There is no greater error in life than to spend your life thinking about what could have been, instead of thinking about what still could be.

(I'm an atheist so this next quote is kind of odd. I guess it is how I think of how Christians/Jews/Muslims think of god from what people of those faiths have told me)
If atheists want to know what God feels like to a religious person, they need do nothing more than listen to their favorite music. The feeling of comfort, relief, joy and satisfaction that swims throughout your body when you hear the first note, is the feeling that resides in religious people when they think of God.

"Outside expectation" is one of the most intriguing forces known to man. In the worst form it is an unbearable mental burden that inhibits individual's ability to perform and ultimately results in their failure. To others it is a rigid guide that results in their denying true desires as they only engage in activities and a way of life others deem acceptable. To still others it is a goal that drives them to work harder than they thought possible, propelling them to discover new confidence and ability they were never aware of. Finally, to some others it is reassurance in their ability, character, and way of life that allows them to live confidently and contently.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 731 • Replies: 3
No top replies

BubbaGumbo

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2005 03:06 am
80 views...no replies. I got OWNED Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2005 03:21 am
I'll respond - I agree with literally everything you said. It takes a strong, strong person to really embrace it all and incorporate into living his or her life however, but I do agree with you that it would be ultimately the only worthwhile way to live. Your thoughts on regret remind me of a song I know (doesn't everything?) anyway, I won't be bowed by outside ridicule and my own embarrassement at being found trite and predicatable by others and I'll share it with you. It's by Sheryl Crow - some of her stuff I can live without - but some of her writing is pertinent. Anyway she says in her song: The Difficult Kind:

Tell it to me slow
Tell me with your eyes
If anyone should know
How to let it slide
I swear I can see you
Coming up the drive
And there ain't nothing like regret
To remind you you're alive

I think she's right - there's nothing like the pain of regret to remind you're alive - but I think you're right too - there's nothing like the joy of dancing and being able to be who you most truly are, unafraid and uninhibited, to remind you you're alive in the most positive way.
I for one, appreciate your insights, and hope that you have a lovely Sunday.
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2005 04:50 am
You know though, I did think of a couple of caveats- just to make sure your regrets don't outweigh all that's positive in your life:

1)Always be aware of who's foolin' who.
2)Never try to kid a kidder.

Now, I'm sure you'll have a lovely Sunday. Laughing
0 Replies