Was Judas a hero and most trusted disciple, or a traitor?

izzythepush

Reply Sat 6 Jun, 2020 02:26 pm
@DiscipleDave,
The ancient Greeks knew the Earth was round because we have an horizon. They even calculated the circumference of the Earth with a fair degree of accuracy.

It meant that a voyage around the World to China would have been impossible because the distance would have been too great for sailing ships.

Columbus said the Greeks were wrong, that the Earth was a lot smaller and therefore navigable. He was wrong, the Greeks were right, but nobody in Europe was aware of the Americas.

That’s why the Caribbean islands were named the West Indies.
DiscipleDave

Reply Sat 6 Jun, 2020 02:27 pm
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:
Sometimes, vikorr, I focus on the minutest of details, in threads

Really? and yet you misquoted me entirely. Why is that?
izzythepush

Reply Sat 6 Jun, 2020 02:43 pm
@DiscipleDave,
You’ve never been to Wales.
DiscipleDave

Reply Sat 6 Jun, 2020 04:57 pm
@izzythepush,
DiscipleDave wrote:
Back in the past if a person suggested the Earth was round, he/she would have been called a fool. But when knowledge arrived and proved it was not flat, but indeed round, then those who were once called a fool, were no longer called that.

izzythepush wrote:
The ancient Greeks knew the Earth was round because we have an horizon. They even calculated the circumference of the Earth with a fair degree of accuracy.

It meant that a voyage around the World to China would have been impossible because the distance would have been too great for sailing ships.

Columbus said the Greeks were wrong, that the Earth was a lot smaller and therefore navigable. He was wrong, the Greeks were right, but nobody in Europe was aware of the Americas.

That’s why the Caribbean islands were named the West Indies.

i don't understand why the history lesson given, how it relates to what i said above. i am clearly talking about a time when people thought the Earth was flat, not a time which they believed it was round.

If as you say the ancient Greeks knew it was round, then i am referring to a time prior to the Greeks. i started out by clearly saying "Back in the past", so it would be prior to when they believed the Earth was round.
Don't get me wrong, i am not disagreeing with your assessment of the Greeks, only saying that i am not talking about a time when people believed it was round, but back in the past when MOST believed it was flat, which would be prior to the GREEKS, who you say believed it was round.
DiscipleDave

Reply Sat 6 Jun, 2020 04:58 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
You’ve never been to Wales.

There are a great many places i have not been too, your point is?
izzythepush

Reply Sat 6 Jun, 2020 05:00 pm
@DiscipleDave,
Have you any proof that there was widespread belief in a flat Earth?

We know the Greeks knew the World was round but I don’t know of other older cultures claiming the World was flat.

It seems to be something people just assume.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 6 Jun, 2020 05:03 pm
@DiscipleDave,
My point is that if you’d been to Wales you’d know what the Welsh are like. Mr Noble is Welsh after after all.

It was meant to be a joke, probably a bit too English for your tastes.
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2020 09:20 am
@DiscipleDave,
I did not quote you as saying that - I posed you an alternate 'canonical' interpretation of ONE of the many death-scenarios of the 'FAKE' Gospels.

It was a prepository Question.

Judas 'GOSPELULARY' died in a Variety of fashions.
Actually - He died at Massada... If he ever existed in the 1st place...?

Have a Lovely Day
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2020 09:25 am
@DiscipleDave,
'I will make a mental note' - That mark noble TELLS lies' ACTUAL quote.

When you were typing that - Did you assume you had a vast audience in your shadow... That gave a Frisbee for Anything you Preach?

Ignored - Forever.
Have a Lovely Day
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2020 09:54 am
@vikorr,
vikorr wrote:

Greatest I am wrote:
Without the betrayal, Jesus would not have died for us
I was commenting on the above (the surrounding context of that quote makes it read "without the betrayal by Judas"). Your question "Then why did Jesus use him if he was not a part of the plan?" is related, but not the same.

That aside, regarding your OP - it's also debatable if Jesus used him. Another perspective is that he acknowledged what was to come, and was preparing his disciples. I don't particularly care which is correct - I'm saying you are basing your line of thought on speculation.

B.S.

I base my claim on the traditional use3 of the sop, and the fact that the other apostles sat and di nothing, while knowing what Judas and Jesus were up to.

They are all guilty, or none of them are, of being a traitor, ---0to an honest evaluation, and knowing that Jesus wanted to test the myth and had to be betrayed to do so.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2020 10:00 am
@DiscipleDave,
DiscipleDave wrote:

Yes on talking serpents and donkeys, and no on 10 horned seven headed beast.

Then you are a total dumb ass.

Best to ignore me as, like Jesus, I use logos and have discarded your brain dead belief in the supernatural.

Keep posting often though. You do my work of discrediting your satanic religion for me.

Regards
DL
0 Replies