Was Judas a hero and most trusted disciple, or a traitor?

Greatest I am

Reply Sun 31 May, 2020 03:37 pm
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:

I don’t quite get how Judas is key to the story. (Other than to fulfill some prophecies).
In many ways Judas seems unnecessary. If Jesus was such a PITA to the religious leaders at the time, surely they wouldn’t need Judas to point him out for them.

Perhaps part of the message in this myth is that a true friend will do almost anything for a friend. Even kill him or have him killed if that is his wish.

Have you ever seen, They Shoot Horses Don't they?

It has the same message. One should be ready to lay down his life for a friend.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Sun 31 May, 2020 03:58 pm
@vikorr,
vikorr wrote:

I had intended to say the same thing (as Leadfoot) to GIA, only thought it pointless, seeing as he only sees what he wants to see.

Any of the religious leaders could have done the same (point the finger at Jesus to the Romans). They could have done so before he went into hiding, or the other options was that Jesus was to stay in hiding forever (which seems highly unlikely). Or simply for Jesus to make himself available to Gods plan to be carried out. Judas wasn't necessary to the 'God's plan'.

If not required for god's plan, are you saying it derailed whatever god had planned?

What was god's plan then?

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Reply Sun 31 May, 2020 04:02 pm
@livinglava,
livinglava wrote:

So if you can't get on board with the story of Jesus as a factual historical story, I would still highly recommend accepting it for the sake of spiritual salvation, because there's no other escape from sin.

More lies. Not that you care.

See this old O.P. and reply without lies please.

-----------

Can Yahweh always do what he wills, or can people thwart him?

Scriptures seem conflicted on the answer.

They show an all-powerful god whose plan and will cannot be thwarted or derailed, while at the same time indicating that he cannot do his will and that people can derail his plan to save everyone.

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

1 Timothy 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

Do you have faith?

If you do, you cannot believe in hell. You would not think god a loser by believing he saves us all, as his will indicates. Those scriptures say he has no need of a hell for us.

Do you see god as too incompetent to do his will of saving us all?

Or do you see god as a universalist god who does his will and saves us all?

Regards
DL

0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Sun 31 May, 2020 04:05 pm
@Greatest I am,
Quote:
If not required for god's plan, are you saying it derailed whatever god had planned?

Uh, What part of Judas wasn't necessary to 'Gods Plan' do you not understand?
Greatest I am

Reply Sun 31 May, 2020 04:06 pm
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

My opinion.
Most trusted and cherished of Immanuels' brethren.

Complied, exactly, with what was dutied unto him.
Died at Massada, btw.

In company with 'essenes' - Great Last Stand!
(If so).

Demonised by ...... you know.

Have a Lovely Day

You made it better. Thanks.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Sun 31 May, 2020 04:29 pm
@DiscipleDave,
DiscipleDave wrote:

Greatest I am said:
Quote:
Most people see Judas as a traitor in the myth of the crucifixion.

Right off the bat, you have let me know that you don't believe the Word of God and what it teaches.

Quote:
Most are unaware of the meaning of the sop that Jesus gave to Judas at the last supper.

So you choose to believe the verse that says Jesus gave him a sop, but do not believe the verses that says:

Joh_6:70  Jesus answered them, Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil?

And not that verse only you don't believe but you choose to not believe this verse as well

Joh_13:2  And supper being ended, the devil having now put into the heart of Judas Iscariot, Simon's son, to betray him;

So it is apparent you pick and choose which verses in the Word of God that you will believe in and which ones you choose to ignore, make void, or interpret away.

my question to you would then be. Who made you a judge of such matters to determine which verses in the Word of God are True and which ones are false?

Scriptures plainly teach that ALL Scriptures are inspired by God, but you say what? They are NOT. So who should i believe? God who says ALL verses are inspired or you who picks and chooses which verses are inspired and which ones are not inspired by God. Trust God or trust you? Simple choice for me. It is God.

I believe the Jewish sop tradition. You seem not to.

I also believe the myth when it says that Satan did not enter into Judas till after he was given his mission by Jesus.

You are a literalist it seems.

Do you believe in talking serpents and donkeys and a 10 horned seven headed beast?

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Reply Sun 31 May, 2020 04:32 pm
@DiscipleDave,
DiscipleDave wrote:

Greatest I am says "Without the betrayal, Jesus would not have died for us, as Yahweh had planned, and scriptures say that Judas also had no choice as that would have derailed god’s plan.

If any blame for Jesus’ death is to be given, it must be to Yahweh, whose plan, scriptures say must come to pass. Meaning that Yahweh would have to control all the players including Judas."

Judas freely chose to betray Jesus. God did not make him do that thing. Judas obeyed satan and what satan was whispering for him to do. Jesus, knowing this, already knew that Judas would obey satan, and indeed betray Him.
Just as you freely choose to believe this verse and ignore another, Judas had a choice, and he chose to obey satan and not Jesus. You choose to believe this verse and you freely choose to ignore other verses.

Jesus when He chose Judas, already knew that Judas would betray Him. Jesus did not desire Him to do that thing, but KNEW that he would through his own choices Choose to betray Jesus. Jesus did NOT make him, or force him, or called him to betray Him. Judas freely chose to what he did.

B.S.

Read the story again and note that Satan did not enter him till after Jesus gave him his mission.

Stop lying about the sequence of events.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Reply Sun 31 May, 2020 04:39 pm
@DiscipleDave,
DiscipleDave wrote:

Greatest I am says "Was Judas a good man doing Jesus’ will or was he a traitor?"

Jesus was a wicked person who fulfilled the will of God.

God throughout the whole old Testament used wicked Heathens to fulfill His will. Even Pharaoh was a wicked person who God used, so that His Glory shall be revealed. What does Greatest I am think of Pharaoh, that he too was a good man because he fulfilled the Will of God? Pilate fulfilled the Will of God also, by crucifying the Messiah, is Pilate Heaven bound? lol.

Pharaoh was good and was to let the people go until Yahweh hardened his heart so that he changed his mind and refused Moses.

If god had letting the people go in mind, he showed he was evil by changing Pharaoh's mind , that was to do that, and then murdering the innocent children instead of the guilty parents.

If you think that shows Yahweh's glory, your a immoral fool.

Prove me wrong.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am

Reply Sun 31 May, 2020 04:43 pm
@vikorr,
vikorr wrote:

Quote:

Uh, What part of Judas wasn't necessary to 'Gods Plan' do you not understand?

Then why did Jesus use him if he was not a part of the plan?

Regards
DL
vikorr

Reply Sun 31 May, 2020 09:28 pm
@Greatest I am,
Greatest I am wrote:
Without the betrayal, Jesus would not have died for us
I was commenting on the above (the surrounding context of that quote makes it read "without the betrayal by Judas"). Your question "Then why did Jesus use him if he was not a part of the plan?" is related, but not the same.

That aside, regarding your OP - it's also debatable if Jesus used him. Another perspective is that he acknowledged what was to come, and was preparing his disciples. I don't particularly care which is correct - I'm saying you are basing your line of thought on speculation.
mark noble

Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2020 10:05 am
@DiscipleDave,
And then threw himself, headlong, into the 'potters' field'?

Nope.

He died at Massada.
Have a Lovely day
mark noble

Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2020 10:15 am
@vikorr,
Jesus, indeed, Did Not 'Use' Judas - He entrusted, unto Him, 'The Greatest' of tasks...
When One relies, solely, on the "Bible" as a 'reference-point' - One deserves their... "reference-point' ALONE.

Or Not... Enjoy.
Have a Lovely day
vikorr

Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2020 04:40 pm
@mark noble,
As I mentioned - I don't particularly care which interpretation one uses - just so long as they recognise it as an interpretation. In light of that, your comments on my 'reference point' seem inane.

Then also - you talk other reference points without explanation. You are welcome to offer more than just vague allusions to...something... Vague allusions are rarely helpful.
mark noble

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2020 07:44 am
@vikorr,
Sometimes, vikorr, I focus on the minutest of details, in threads - And, I agree - 'Vague' is generally my primary impregnation (threadwise).

I have, likely, Not read much more than your 'latest' post.

If you have a question, please ask it?

Have a Lovely Day
vikorr

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2020 04:44 pm
@mark noble,
Not at all - if you missed my prior comments about not minding which interpretation one uses (so long as its recognised as an interpretation), then your comments were quite understandable.
0 Replies

DiscipleDave

Reply Sat 6 Jun, 2020 01:51 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
Did you really man Jesus in that second sentence...or was it a Freudian slip?

lol. Good catch, No i did NOT mean to say Jesus, but to say Judas. Please forgive me for such an error. i will try to proofread better.
0 Replies

DiscipleDave

Reply Sat 6 Jun, 2020 02:03 pm
@Greatest I am,
Greatest I am wrote:
I believe the Jewish sop tradition. You seem not to.

i believe the Scriptures 100%, Now what humans say the scriptures means, that is debatable.

Greatest I am wrote:
I also believe the myth when it says that Satan did not enter into Judas till after he was given his mission by Jesus.

Do you even hear what your suggesting? Jesus gave him a mission, then satan entered into Judas to what? persuade Judas to obey the Lord Jesus and complete the mission? Really? satan helping Judas to obey Jesus and His mission. Really? Do you even hear what your suggesting?

Greatest I am wrote:
You are a literalist it seems.

i am, unless the immediate text clearly indicates otherwise, such a parable. When God said He created the Earth in 6 days, i believe that is literal, because there is nothing in the immediate text to indicate otherwise.

What i know is this. When people do NOT agree with the Word of God and what it says Literally, that is when they try to interpret it into something that they will agree with. Woe to humans. Interpretations belong to God, NOT to humans.

Greatest I am wrote:
Do you believe in talking serpents and donkeys and a 10 horned seven headed beast?

Yes on talking serpents and donkeys, and no on 10 horned seven headed beast.

Tell me could a God who created the universe cause an animal to speak in English? What kind of God would not be able to perform such an easy feat?

And as to the 10 horned seven headed beast. The Scriptures plainly and literally tells us what they represent, to leave no guess work available.
DiscipleDave

Reply Sat 6 Jun, 2020 02:09 pm
@Greatest I am,
Greatest I am wrote:
Read the story again and note that Satan did not enter him till after Jesus gave him his mission.

Stop lying about the sequence of events.

i have read the entire Bible over 80 times in my life, and you are suggesting i read it again, how many times have you read the story?

Answer me this question. Did Jesus KNOW that Judas was going to betray him, the very moment He recruited Judas as one of the 12 Disciples?
Did Jesus know that Judas was going to obey satan from the very beginning?

You act as if Jesus gave Judas a Mission, and that is when, Judas decided to comply with it and betray the Lord of the Universe. You do error, not knowing or understanding that the moment Jesus chose Judas as a Disciple, that He already knew that Judas was going to betray Him, regardless if you think He gave Judas a mission or not.
0 Replies

DiscipleDave

Reply Sat 6 Jun, 2020 02:15 pm
@Greatest I am,
Greatest I am wrote:
Pharaoh was good and was to let the people go until Yahweh hardened his heart so that he changed his mind and refused Moses.

If god had letting the people go in mind, he showed he was evil by changing Pharaoh's mind , that was to do that, and then murdering the innocent children instead of the guilty parents.

If you think that shows Yahweh's glory, your a immoral fool.

Prove me wrong.

Back in the past if a person suggested the Earth was round, he/she would have been called a fool. But when knowledge arrived and proved it was not flat, but indeed round, then those who were once called a fool, were no longer called that.

Just because you lack understanding of why God did what He did, and to whom He did it to, does not mean you are now correct in what you believe.

Tell, me when those children died, do you think that was the end for them?

You do error in not understanding that the Spirit that is in flesh is IMMORTAL, it can't die or be killed. EVER! So all those children that perished, the ONLY thing that perished was their human flesh, NOT their Spirit.
DiscipleDave

Reply Sat 6 Jun, 2020 02:25 pm
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:
Quoted me saying
Quote:
Re: DiscipleDave (Post 7012500)
And then threw himself, headlong, into the 'potters' field'?

Nope.

He died at Massada.
Have a Lovely day

First off i will make a mental note that mark noble quotes things that are NOT TRUE.

How is it not a lie to quote me saying something that i did NOT say? How is that not against God by bearing false witness against a Brother in the Lord? i forgive you, so now you can take it to the Lord and ask Him to forgive you for doing such a thing.

People if your going to quote someones words, then use the exact words they said. Copy and paste. If you don't know how to do that, then ask for help.