Was Jesus aware of being Yahweh?

Reply Mon 11 May, 2020 03:08 pm

I have wondered how Christians rationalized Jesus' last words --- "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"

Jesus seems unaware that he was God.

What did Jesus mean by forsaken?

The usual definition means abandoned or deserted.

How can one abandon or desert themselves?

If Jesus knew he was Yahweh, how did he feel about the poor reputation the Jews gave Yahweh?

Is that why the Jews tried to kill Jesus more than once before the cross got him?

Further.

Jesus also said that he and god were one, yet scriptures seem to show Jesus as Yahweh’s good side and Yahweh as the evil side.

If Jesus/Yahweh shared the some consciousness, which they would have to given that there is only one god in Christianity, why are they so different?

Regards
DL
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 3,770 • Replies: 85

livinglava

Reply Mon 11 May, 2020 03:44 pm
@Greatest I am,
Greatest I am wrote:

I have wondered how Christians rationalized Jesus' last words --- "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"

How can one abandon or desert themselves?

If Jesus knew he was Yahweh, how did he feel about the poor reputation the Jews gave Yahweh?

Is that why the Jews tried to kill Jesus more than once before the cross got him?

Further.

Jesus also said that he and god were one, yet scriptures seem to show Jesus as Yahweh’s good side and Yahweh as the evil side.

If Jesus/Yahweh shared the some consciousness, which they would have to given that there is only one god in Christianity, why are they so different?

Regards
DL

It all comes down to knowing the Truth and its source. See the following verses:
Quote:

The Children of the Devil

37I know you are Abraham’s descendants, but you are trying to kill Me because My word has no place within you. 38I speak of what I have seen in the presence of the Father, and you do what you have heard from your father.”

39“Abraham is our father,” they replied.

“If you were children of Abraham,” said Jesus, “you would do the works of Abraham. 40But now you are trying to kill Me, a man who has told you the truth that I heard from God. Abraham never did such a thing. 41You are doing the works of your father.”

“We are not illegitimate children,” they declared. “Our only Father is God Himself.”

42Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love Me, for I have come here from God. I have not come on My own, but He sent Me.

43Why do you not understand what I am saying? It is because you are unable to accept My message. 44You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out his desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, refusing to uphold the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, because he is a liar and the father of lies. 45But because I speak the truth, you do not believe Me!

46Which of you can prove Me guilty of sin? If I speak the truth, why do you not believe Me? 47Whoever belongs to God hears the words of God. The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God.”
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Tue 12 May, 2020 07:39 am
@Greatest I am,
You and I agree on this, but little else.
NealNealNeal

Reply Thu 14 May, 2020 08:28 pm
@Greatest I am,
Yes Jesus said "Before Abraham was I Am".
This was the one and only time that Jesus did not have fellowship with God the Father. He was suffering the punishment for our sins.
God is Triune (Father, Son, Holy Spirit).
Jesus tried several times to get the Jewish leaders to understand the will of God. Sometimes He got the person to understand.
Yes Jesus claimed to be God, which was heresy to most of the Jewish leaders.
DiscipleDave

Reply Sun 24 May, 2020 08:44 pm
@Greatest I am,
Greatest I am
Quote:

Jesus is the Son of God, what do you think "Son of" means
There is a Father in Heaven, which no human has ever seen, and then there is His Son Jesus which plenty of humans have seen.

Greatest I am
Quote:

The Father in Heaven can't look upon sin. While Jesus walked on Earth, without any sin whatsoever, He had direct communication with His Father. The whole time, Jesus could FEEL His Fathers presence within and around Him. The moment He took on the sins of humankind. His Father could not look upon Him, or be around Him, or have anything to do with Him, because of the sin that He took upon Himself on behalf of us humans. Jesus was not privy to this information, but the Father was. The Father knew He would have to leave His Son Jesus Alone, but did not inform Jesus of this thing, if He would have known that He would not FEEL the presence of His Father, it is very likely He would not have done it. But the Father knows best, and did not reveal this to His Son. Therefore Jesus genuinely wanted to know why His Father left Him, Jesus could no longer feel the presence and power of His Father in Him. This was more devastating then the punishment of a beating and crucifixion. Jesus had Never in all of eternity knew what it felt like to NOT have the Father with Him, absolutely horrifying.

DiscipleDave

Reply Sun 24 May, 2020 09:05 pm
@Greatest I am,
Greatest I am
Quote:

If you believed and understood Scriptures, then you would understand the following verse and how it applies to the Father, the Son, the Holy Ghost , and the Saints.

Mat_19:5-6  And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be ONE flesh? Wherefore they are no more twain, but ONE flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

Quote:

Again, you don't understand that they are NOT the same consciousness, nor the same entity. But two entirely different consciousnesses, and entities, Yet Both a part of the Same God. Even as the Husband and Wife are separate entities yet Both a part of the same flesh.
Leadfoot

Reply Mon 25 May, 2020 04:07 am
@DiscipleDave,
Quote:
Again, you don't understand that they are NOT the same consciousness, nor the same entity. But two entirely different consciousnesses, and entities, Yet Both a part of the Same God. Even as the Husband and Wife are separate entities yet Both a part of the same flesh.

All your other posts have been very clear, but this one leaves me murky as to what you mean.

For example, when did I cease being 'one flesh' with my ex wife? I didn’t want to be stuck with her forever. Well, I said I did when I asked her, but I was an ignorant 19 year old kid that was being dragged away by the government and forced to be a child warrior in a war I knew nothing about.
Sorry, I’m always making excuses for myself, I would have sworn to be one with her in the gates of hell at the time, draft or no draft.

IOW, I don’t think your analogy is correct. Not that it hasn’t been used by a lot of respected theologians. But as he said, “God Is no respecter of 'men' “ and neither should we be.
NealNealNeal

Reply Mon 25 May, 2020 08:15 am
@Leadfoot,
Marriage is a covenant between a man, a woman, and God. Christians believe it is a reflection of the Holy Trinity.
mark noble

Reply Mon 25 May, 2020 10:00 am
@Greatest I am,
Jesus/Immanuel Was God - I am, too - So are you, and so is everything else.

But 'KNOWING' So - Defies the objective of becoming so.

Have a lovely Day
mark noble

Reply Mon 25 May, 2020 10:07 am
@NealNealNeal,
Which are you, Neal?
Father, creation, unending connection?

I swear you are ALL of the above - But your journey to knowing this is as valuable as the knowing, itself.

Have a lovely Day
Leadfoot

Reply Mon 25 May, 2020 11:03 am
@NealNealNeal,
Quote:
Marriage is a covenant between a man, a woman, and God. Christians believe it is a reflection of the Holy Trinity.

Yeah, but like I said, I was an ignorant kid at the time. I made a mistake. I asked for forgiveness already. WTF do you want from me.

The ‘Holy Trinity' is an invention of some of the guys at that council around 325 AD. Some of the guys there hated the idea because they couldn’t find a shred of evidence in the Bible for it. I couldn’t either.
NealNealNeal

Reply Mon 25 May, 2020 11:06 am
@mark noble,
God did indeed create me
NealNealNeal

Reply Mon 25 May, 2020 11:24 am
@Leadfoot,
I want you to have a life full of joy, love, peace, etc.
You are responsible to God, not me
Jesus said to a woman caught in adultery "Neither do I condemn you. Go and sin no more".
I should not have a harsher reaction to you than my Lord did Instead I should remind you of God's forgiveness.
mark noble

Reply Mon 25 May, 2020 12:56 pm
@NealNealNeal,
As You, in like measure, created God?

You 'up' for this, Neal?

Have a Lovely Day
NealNealNeal

Reply Mon 25 May, 2020 01:17 pm
@mark noble,
Did man create God because he needed Him. Or did God create man with a need for Him. I believe the latter is true. Then, man denied God because he did not want to be responsible to Him.
Leadfoot

Reply Mon 25 May, 2020 01:23 pm
@NealNealNeal,
I think I’ve just been compared to a whore.
mark noble

Reply Mon 25 May, 2020 01:32 pm
@NealNealNeal,
Everything is God
God is Everything

'Open Your Heart - God's coming Home'
Whether you're up for it, or not.

Have a Lovely Day
NealNealNeal

Reply Mon 25 May, 2020 01:37 pm
@Leadfoot,
We are all people who need forgiveness. 🐵
Greatest I am

Reply Sun 31 May, 2020 05:03 pm
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:

You and I agree on this, but little else.

That is not what my memory says but I admit to being absent minded.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Sun 31 May, 2020 05:09 pm
@NealNealNeal,
NealNealNeal wrote:

Yes Jesus said "Before Abraham was I Am".
This was the one and only time that Jesus did not have fellowship with God the Father. He was suffering the punishment for our sins.
God is Triune (Father, Son, Holy Spirit).
Jesus tried several times to get the Jewish leaders to understand the will of God. Sometimes He got the person to understand.
Yes Jesus claimed to be God, which was heresy to most of the Jewish leaders.

Can you and I be god?

Jesus says yes as he says we can be his brethren.

Here is the real way to salvation that Jesus taught.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Allan Watts explain those quotes in detail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alRNbesfXXw&feature=player_embedded

As to the Trinity concept that Constantine forced down his new church, here is the best explanation of that stupidity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VsN3IG1HtQ

Regards
DL
Regards
DL
0 Replies