Was Jesus aware of being Yahweh?

Greatest I am

Reply Sun 31 May, 2020 05:14 pm
@NealNealNeal,
NealNealNeal wrote:

Yes Jesus claimed to be God, which was heresy to most of the Jewish leaders.

Not really. The Pharisees are the holders of the Oral Torah and they have always put man above god. They led Jewish thinking.

Jews are not stupid enough to read their own holy books literally.

I hope you can see how intelligent the ancients were as compared to the mental efforts that modern preachers and theists are using with the literal reading of myths.

https://bigthink.com/videos/what-is-god-2-2

Further.
http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/03132009/watch.html

Rabbi Hillel, the older contemporary of Jesus, said that when asked to sum up the whole of Jewish teaching, while he stood on one leg, said, "The Golden Rule. That which is hateful to you, do not do to your neighbor. That is the Torah. And everything else is only commentary. Now, go and study it."

Please listen as to what is said about the literal reading of myths.

"Origen, the great second or third century Greek commentator on the Bible said that it is absolutely impossible to take these texts literally. You simply cannot do so. And he said, "God has put these sort of conundrums and paradoxes in so that we are forced to seek a deeper meaning."

Matt 7;12 So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

This is how early Gnostic Christians view the transition from reading myths properly to destructive literal reading and idol worship.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR02ciandvg&feature=BFa&list=PLCBF574D

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Sun 31 May, 2020 05:18 pm
@DiscipleDave,
DiscipleDave wrote:

The Father in Heaven can't look upon sin.

You might be too much of a liar for me to tolerate for long.

You seem to forget that in Job 2;3, Yahweh admits to being a sinner when he says that Satan moved him to do harm without cause.

You should read your bible some time. It will open your eyes.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Reply Sun 31 May, 2020 05:22 pm
@DiscipleDave,
DiscipleDave wrote:

Greatest I am
Quote:
Jesus also said that he and god were one, yet scriptures seem to show Jesus as Yahweh’s good side and Yahweh as the evil side.

If you believed and understood Scriptures, then you would understand the following verse and how it applies to the Father, the Son, the Holy Ghost , and the Saints.

Mat_19:5-6  And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be ONE flesh? Wherefore they are no more twain, but ONE flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

Quote:

If Jesus/Yahweh shared the some consciousness, which they would have to given that there is only one god in Christianity, why are they so different?

Again, you don't understand that they are NOT the same consciousness, nor the same entity. But two entirely different consciousnesses, and entities, Yet Both a part of the Same God. Even as the Husband and Wife are separate entities yet Both a part of the same flesh.

If I **** you, am I ******* your wife as well.

Get smarter or ignore me you pathetic piece of stupidity.

Monotheism means one god. Not a three headed one.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Reply Sun 31 May, 2020 05:47 pm
@NealNealNeal,
NealNealNeal wrote:

Marriage is a covenant between a man, a woman, and God. Christians believe it is a reflection of the Holy Trinity.

God was not at my wedding nor did he help me pay child support, so he is a lousy third partner.

Find even 1 Christian person who was helped with alimony or child support by god and I might rethink.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Reply Sun 31 May, 2020 05:50 pm
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

Jesus/Immanuel Was God - I am, too - So are you, and so is everything else.

But 'KNOWING' So - Defies the objective of becoming so.

Have a lovely Day

I am a Gnostic Christian and have no problem, after having suffered my apotheosis, in knowing that I am the only god I can ever know as deeply as myself.

Regards
DL
mark noble

Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2020 10:19 am
@NealNealNeal,
I agree.

Have a Lovely day
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2020 10:21 am
@NealNealNeal,
'Man' IS 'God'.
So is everything else.
God Is Everything.

Have a Lovely day
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2020 10:27 am
@Greatest I am,
I am God experiencing 'mark noble', and agree with you (Other 'God' experience) wholeeverythingedly. (Good, New, Word!)

Have a Lovely day
0 Replies

DiscipleDave

Reply Sat 6 Jun, 2020 03:16 pm
@Leadfoot,
DiscipleDave wrote:
Again, you don't understand that they are NOT the same consciousness, nor the same entity. But two entirely different consciousnesses, and entities, Yet Both a part of the Same God. Even as the Husband and Wife are separate entities yet Both a part of the same flesh.

Leadfoot wrote:
All your other posts have been very clear, but this one leaves me murky as to what you mean.

For example, when did I cease being 'one flesh' with my ex wife? I didn’t want to be stuck with her forever. Well, I said I did when I asked her, but I was an ignorant 19 year old kid that was being dragged away by the government and forced to be a child warrior in a war I knew nothing about.
Sorry, I’m always making excuses for myself, I would have sworn to be one with her in the gates of hell at the time, draft or no draft.

IOW, I don’t think your analogy is correct. Not that it hasn’t been used by a lot of respected theologians. But as he said, “God Is no respecter of 'men' “ and neither should we be.

What i said has nothing to do with if a husband and wife are still ONE, or no longer ONE, or remain ONE after divorce, or WHO is ONE in the eyes of God.

my entire point was talking about the UNITY between a husband and wife are ONE FLESH. The whole point is, even though they are clearly two different entities, yet ONE Flesh, because of the Unity between the married couple. The same applies to the Father and Jesus. They are ONE, because of the UNITY, NOT because they are one and the same entity, as some teach.

Scriptures interprets Scriptures. Jesus claimed that He and His Father are ONE. This can be explained by seeking Scriptures that teach this same concept also, and lo and behold we have Scriptures when specifically teaches this same concept, when it plainly teaches that a husband and wife are ONE.

The point i was trying to relay is that God the Father and God the Son are ONE, even as a Husband and Wife are ONE also.
DiscipleDave

Reply Sat 6 Jun, 2020 03:24 pm
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:
Everything is God
God is Everything

i agree with this to a point, and understand why you think this, but know this though.
God does not have this world yet.

mark noble wrote:
'Open Your Heart - God's coming Home'
Whether you're up for it, or not.

You are correct, He is NOT HOME YET. He has not set up His Kingdom on Earth yet.

satan is the god of this world right now, NOT God. But that will one day change, when, as you say above, God's coming Home'
DiscipleDave

Reply Sat 6 Jun, 2020 03:40 pm
@Greatest I am,
DiscipleDave wrote:
The Father in Heaven can't look upon sin.

Greatest I am wrote:

You call me a liar, or do you really call the Word of God a liar?

Hab 1:13  Thou art of purer eyes than to behold evil, and canst not look on iniquity: wherefore lookest thou upon them that deal treacherously, and holdest thy tongue when the wicked devoureth the man that is more righteous than he?

So you can say all you like that i am lying, but the Truth is you think Scriptures lie.

Greatest I am wrote:

i wouldn't blame you one bit for not tolerating me, it only proves how much you lack Scriptural knowledge. But if you want to continue to know more about Scriptures then continue to talk with me about them.

Greatest I am wrote:
You seem to forget that in Job 2;3, Yahweh admits to being a sinner when he says that Satan moved him to do harm without cause.

This should be good. i have no clue what Job 2:3 says at this very moment, but i am certain it does not say what you THINK it is saying, lets look

Job 2:1  Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them to present himself before the LORD. 
Job 2:2  And the LORD said unto Satan, From whence comest thou? And Satan answered the LORD, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it. 
Job 2:3  And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil? and still he holdeth fast his integrity, although thou movedst me against him, to destroy him without cause. 

lol exactly as i thought.
Greatest I am wrote:
You seem to forget that in Job 2;3, Yahweh admits to being a sinner

NOT one thing in the above verses suggest God admits to being a sinner. lol.

Greatest I am wrote:
he says that Satan moved him to do harm without cause.

lol. satan did not move God to harm without cause, it was clearly the other way around. Wow, you really don't understand Scriptures at all do you? But there is hope for you yet, keep reading and praying for understanding.

Greatest I am wrote:
You should read your bible some time. It will open your eyes.

lol yet again. i have read the entire Bible over 80 times in my life, listen to it for 8 hours a day at work, and you are telling me to read it more. lol, how many times have you read the entire Bible Greatest I am?
0 Replies

DiscipleDave

Reply Sat 6 Jun, 2020 03:48 pm
@Greatest I am,
Greatest I am wrote:
If I f*ck you, am I f*cking your wife as well.

What you do to me, will most certainly effect my wife. If i were married. i have been celibate for over 12 years now, i am married to my God (Father, Son, Spirit, Angels, Saints, 144,000)

Greatest I am wrote:
Get smarter or ignore me you pathetic piece of stupidity.

i forgive you friend, because i Love you. If i said something that you deem stupid, are you unable to reveal what it was that i said that you deem stupid? Are you unable to help my stupidity? Can't you enlighten me?

Greatest I am wrote:
Monotheism means one god. Not a three headed one.

Sorry, i am stupid about that one for sure, i have no clue what Monotheism means. But i do believe in God, which is the Father, the Son, the Spirit, the Angels, the Church, the Saints, the 144,000 redeemed of God. i believe in that God.

Greatest I am wrote:
Regards

lol, you say Regards after saying what you did to me? How is that not a double standard?
0 Replies

DiscipleDave

Reply Sat 6 Jun, 2020 03:52 pm
@Greatest I am,
NealNealNeal wrote:
Marriage is a covenant between a man, a woman, and God. Christians believe it is a reflection of the Holy Trinity.

Greatest I am wrote:
Find even 1 Christian person who was helped with alimony or child support by god and I might rethink.

lol, no you wouldn't, even if 100 were found.

God helped me when i could not afford child support by putting in my lap a great paying job that i loved and ample enough money to pay my child support which i could not do so prior. But will you believe that? lol.
0 Replies

DiscipleDave

Reply Sat 6 Jun, 2020 03:54 pm
@Greatest I am,
Greatest I am wrote:
I am a Gnostic Christian . .. . .. . .. ... ... . .

A Christian is one who believes Jesus Christ is the Son of the Living God in Heaven, you believe this? If you don't, then you can call yourself a Christian all you like, doesn't make you one.
Leadfoot

Reply Sun 7 Jun, 2020 11:37 am
@DiscipleDave,
Quote:
What i said has nothing to do with if a husband and wife are still ONE, or no longer ONE, or remain ONE after divorce, or WHO is ONE in the eyes of God.

my entire point was talking about the UNITY between a husband and wife are ONE FLESH. The whole point is, even though they are clearly two different entities, yet ONE Flesh, because of the Unity between the married couple. The same applies to the Father and Jesus. They are ONE, because of the UNITY, NOT because they are one and the same entity, as some teach.

Scriptures interprets Scriptures. Jesus claimed that He and His Father are ONE. This can be explained by seeking Scriptures that teach this same concept also, and lo and behold we have Scriptures when specifically teaches this same concept, when it plainly teaches that a husband and wife are ONE.

The point i was trying to relay is that God the Father and God the Son are ONE, even as a Husband and Wife are ONE also.

And I would agree with your final conclusion that God and his Son are One in exactly the same way as husband and wife are One, at least in the way the Bible indicates they should be - That is, sharing the same goals and intentions. But In no other way are God and his Son the same, according to the book.
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2020 08:49 am
@DiscipleDave,
Satan is also God's Creation & Therefore serves as a 'Godly' servant of the whole - Try 'forgiving' Him his 'dutiful' labours - Maybe then you'll appreciate the harmony of Not being He - Here and Now.

Isaiah 45:7
God is Satan = Satan is God
God is Everything = Everything is God

I don't define God as religion-relative. I define 'God' AS Everything.

There is Nothing - OTHER than God.

Have a Lovely Day
Greatest I am

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2020 10:10 am
@DiscipleDave,
DiscipleDave wrote:

Greatest I am wrote:
I am a Gnostic Christian . .. . .. . .. ... ... . .

A Christian is one who believes Jesus Christ is the Son of the Living God in Heaven, you believe this? If you don't, then you can call yourself a Christian all you like, doesn't make you one.

More lies that ignores the many Christian cults that are not stupid literalists.

I hope you have seen me ignoring you and your abuse. Please reciprocate.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2020 07:10 am
@Greatest I am,
I agree.

It's good that we only have secondhand gnostic accounts, written by envious, pious, angry indiduals. Not only because their bigoted prejudice is clear to discern - But, due to their self-loathing - We spend Far More Time delving into their 'opposing' values.

God puts up this huge barrier (Ego) in order that individual perception is utterly filtered from the whole - In order that each 'cell' in the 'analogical' anatomy of 'All', independently witnesses the 'Whole' from each and every angle.

Splendid Design, Indeed!
Have a Lovely day - GIA.
Greatest I am

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2020 03:09 pm
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

I agree.

It's good that we only have secondhand gnostic accounts, written by envious, pious, angry indiduals. Not only because their bigoted prejudice is clear to discern - But, due to their self-loathing - We spend Far More Time delving into their 'opposing' values.

God puts up this huge barrier (Ego) in order that individual perception is utterly filtered from the whole - In order that each 'cell' in the 'analogical' anatomy of 'All', independently witnesses the 'Whole' from each and every angle.

Splendid Design, Indeed!
Have a Lovely day - GIA.

Thanks for this.

I have no problem with us having egos.

I define that word as all that I am, in terms of a thinking consciousness and person.

We are our DNA and ego.

Consider.

You and I are the fittest of our lines when born. We are born with what we should be slightly egotistical about yet most of us never think of the fact that we are the fittest of our genetic lines, warts and all.

Most try the humble thing, but that just tells me that they do not have the assuredness and confidence that comes from good thinking.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2020 03:14 pm
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

I agree.
It's good that we only have secondhand gnostic accounts,

That was the case but now we have the Nag Hamadi Library with what many believe are authentic sayings from Jesus. Try the gospel of Thomas.

We have know more since Elaine Pagels started writing on Gnostics some 30 years ago.

Her work is what had me take on the label of Gnostic Christian.

Regards
DL