losin fat

t g

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2005 09:21 pm
when losing fat,should u get more protein or less proein. and are bananas a good source for proteins???
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 718 • Replies: 1
No top replies

AbleIIKnow wong

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2005 10:53 pm
Yes... eating more protein is a part of it...

The main idea is you want to lose body fat a method I use is I would calculate the total calories of food that you eat a week and divide it by 7. And that's called your "maintenance calories" or your average calories you eat a day. Now eat 90% of that next week......

Calories (in simple terms) = The total nutritional value of protein + carbohydrates + fat in a single portion of food that you eat.

The nutritional value of foods are usually shown in grams so you have to convert it into calories.

1g of protein = 4 calories
1g of carbohydrates = 4 calories
1g of fat = 9 calories

Yeah fat is more than double (2.25 times more) than protein/carbs.

I'm no expert or anything this is just an idea of how you might want to lose fat.

Oh and also exercising is important too. Do cardio (running, jogging, etc.) exercises. When starting off cardio start off at a pace you're comfortable at then you can do it more often. After awhile or even right away which ever one you prefer I suggest you follow a H.I.I.T. routine.

H.I.I.T = http://www.teenbodybuilding.com/justin6.htm

I wouldn't say bananas is the best source of protein. Chicken, slices of ham, slices of turkey breast, fish, etc. are good sources of protein.

When eating a meal try incorporating at least 3 food groups e.g. a sandwich with meat and cheese in it.

Also instead of eating 3 meals a day try eating 5 or 6 smaller portions of meals a day (if you have time) because what that does is when the food digests it increases your bodies metabolism where that would help burn body fat (somebody will correct me if I'm wrong... that's the idea to it though).

This is my first post where I think my area of expertise might help. Please forgive me if any of this is hard to understand because my grammar is pretty brutal. I hoped this helped and good luck.
0 Replies