Whey or Egg Protein Powder?

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2005 04:21 pm
Which one would you recommend?

Is one better than the other?

Egg protein powder good for cutting, true? Thanks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,005 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2005 09:07 pm
Good for cutting? Cutting what?
0 Replies

AbleIIKnow wong

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2005 10:29 pm
I thought there were Sports Nutritional experts in this forum.

Anyways it's "cutting" fat.

Cutting = A person who wants to be lean by losing body fat and bring their bf% (body fat %) lower too.
0 Replies

Levi

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 11:39 pm
This protein powder rage amongst weight lifters is due to its ability to facilitate muscle development. The amino acid composition of whey protein is superior to that of egg protein, particularly in leucine.

I don't know anyone who says "cutting", and I certainly don't know anyone who says it in reference to a person.
0 Replies

AbleIIKnow wong

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2005 12:11 am
Cutting is used in terms if you're a "bodybuilder" really however if you want to learn even the basics of losing weight (as with most females do... stereotypically saying of course) you would have to consult with the experts and that's "bodybuilders."

When I say bodybuilders no I'm not using this term as very big and muscular people e.g. Schwartzennager, etc. I'm using this term as in "if you are a serious athlete or who is an exercise enthusiast" then you would consult people who knows beyond you imagine about exercise or experts e.g. professional trainers (that's a bad example, still...) in order to achieve your goals. Back to the term "cutting" I stumbled upon that term when I needed help to lose "body fat." Notice that I didn't say just "fat" like the average joe would...
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2005 11:52 pm
it's hard to answer this q with the information provided.

As a female who has taken up bodybuilding, I quickly disposed of the whey shakes and all that jazz real early on.

They can be helpful, but they're not necessary. The more I learn, the more I realize it really comes down to the basics:

know your body well
exercise it well
feed your body well

cheers
0 Replies

Jonsey

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 03:06 pm
good post flushed...

I've heard that whey provides some good nutrients. But in terms of just cutting down weight, I think it boils down to exercise and healthy eating. Cut out processed foods and any unnatural snacks.
0 Replies

AbleIIKnow wong

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 04:38 pm
Whoa whoa and whoa... easy there people I didn't say anything about losing weight I just mentioned "cutting" means to lose "body fat" (low body fat percentage) or to be "lean."

Anyways from my personal experience yes it depends from person to person and "whey" and all those other supplements can get pretty complicated.

However I break it down like this in general if you're looking to lose weight eat what you usually eat for a week then calculate the total calories for the week then divide by 7 this is called your "maintenance calories" the next week eat about 90% of that and so on, etc.

The advice I'm giving here is of course by no means any full proof method. Anything specific would be a long and complicated explanation. However feel free to ask if you want to know.

Oh yeah as to the whey/egg protein thing I take whey after I exercise and "egg" (not really egg actually anything that's "casein" protein throughout the day). Again it's a complicated explanation however if you want to know why I do this please feel free to ask, thanks.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 05:05 pm
I am supplementing my diet with whey protein shakes, but I have gone vegetarian until my G.I. tract straightens up from my surgery and I want to be sure I'm getting all I need.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 10:06 pm
AbleIIKnow_wong wrote:
Cutting is used in terms if you're a "bodybuilder" really however if you want to learn even the basics of losing weight (as with most females do... stereotypically saying of course) you would have to consult with the experts and that's "bodybuilders."

When I say bodybuilders no I'm not using this term as very big and muscular people e.g. Schwartzennager, etc. I'm using this term as in "if you are a serious athlete or who is an exercise enthusiast" then you would consult people who knows beyond you imagine about exercise or experts e.g. professional trainers (that's a bad example, still...) in order to achieve your goals. Back to the term "cutting" I stumbled upon that term when I needed help to lose "body fat." Notice that I didn't say just "fat" like the average joe would...

I know what you mean by "cutting"..and the relevance of the type of protein you use is minimal, IMO unless you're a professional or amateur bodybuilder--but then you wouldn't be asking the question right?
The optimal thing to do to get cut is cardio. Any cutting supplemets are BS, so is the notion that a protein powder will do the work for you.
Work for the striations, don't expect something other than you to get the job done unless you're a professional and require that competitive edge.

Period.
0 Replies