Does Yahweh/Jesus live by the Golden Rule?

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2020 07:17 am

Most Christians seem to think so as they say that Yahweh/Jesus can do no evil.

We could look at all the commandments and laws but that might have us taking off in too many directions so I thought the Golden Rule might be a good starting point as it encompasses many of the commandments.

Most, I hope, start their moral thinking by some variant of the Golden Rule, a reciprocity rule, so I think we can all relate to some degree in judging Yahweh/Jesus.

Christians are told in scriptures to judge all things. Most Christians have judged Yahweh/Jesus and I wondered if others had as well.

Be you a Christian or not, could I have your overall thoughts and judgement of Yahweh/Jesus based on if you see him living by the Golden Rule?

Regards
DL

Sturgis

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2020 01:40 pm
@Greatest I am,
Yahweh and Jesus are not the same. Yahweh is god/God and Jesus was/is the son of Yahweh.... sort of.

Anyways, true Christians know that Jesus was not perfect. Being a human he made mistakes.

livinglava

Reply Thu 23 Apr, 2020 11:04 am
@Greatest I am,
Greatest I am wrote:

We could look at all the commandments and laws but that might have us taking off in too many directions so I thought the Golden Rule might be a good starting point as it encompasses many of the commandments.

Most, I hope, start their moral thinking by some variant of the Golden Rule, a reciprocity rule, so I think we can all relate to some degree in judging Yahweh/Jesus.

Christians are told in scriptures to judge all things. Most Christians have judged Yahweh/Jesus and I wondered if others had as well.

Be you a Christian or not, could I have your overall thoughts and judgement of Yahweh/Jesus based on if you see him living by the Golden Rule?

Regards
DL

Quote:

Matthew 7:2
For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

So if you judge others harshly, you will also be judged harshly; but if you judge gently, you will receive gentle judgment.

If you ignore all sin and fail to rebuke, then you will also get lost in sin and no one will rebuke you.

When judgment comes, how will you be judged?
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 26 Apr, 2020 11:41 am
@Greatest I am,
Greatest I am wrote:

Regards
DL

Are you certain you mean "Yahweh" in your title, DL?

I've seen Jesus spelled as Yeshua...but "Yahweh" is the name of Abraham's god.
coldjoint

Reply Sun 26 Apr, 2020 07:06 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Are you certain you mean "Yahweh" in your title, DL

I think he is trying to say they are one in the same.
vikorr

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2020 01:59 am
@coldjoint,
Although he generally has very little interest in any conversation that follows. That makes the constant postings of all the 'mistakes' rather wierd, though perhaps it would make a kind of sense if it was done from a point of view of utmost condescension.
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Thu 7 May, 2020 01:22 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:

Yahweh and Jesus are not the same. Yahweh is god/God and Jesus was/is the son of Yahweh.... sort of.

Anyways, true Christians know that Jesus was not perfect. Being a human he made mistakes.

True Christians are Trinitarians but think of Jesus as perfect, just as they do of Yahweh. Bear in mind that with what, 3,000 sects of Christianity, there are exception for likely everything that you and I think they collectively believe.

Regards
DL

0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Thu 7 May, 2020 01:24 pm
@livinglava,
livinglava wrote:

Greatest I am wrote:

Regards
DL

Quote:

Matthew 7:2
For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

So if you judge others harshly, you will also be judged harshly; but if you judge gently, you will receive gentle judgment.

If you ignore all sin and fail to rebuke, then you will also get lost in sin and no one will rebuke you.

When judgment comes, how will you be judged?

Not by the genocidal prick called Yahweh.

Would you like to answer the O.P. now or was this deflection all that you are good for?

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Thu 7 May, 2020 01:25 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

Are you certain you mean "Yahweh" in your title, DL?

I've seen Jesus spelled as Yeshua...but "Yahweh" is the name of Abraham's god.

Yes I am sure.

Think Trinity.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

DiscipleDave

Reply Sun 24 May, 2020 10:45 pm
@Greatest I am,
Greatest I am wrote:

God doesn't do any evil, but humans will most certainly believe He does, because they lack understanding of the big picture, rightly so though, because they can't see the big picture, but God can.

Greatest I am wrote:

Those who judge God are not fit to enter into the Kingdom of Heaven. The angel Lucifer also judged God, and thought He needed to be replaced, Lucifer will never again step foot in Heaven because He judged God.

Greatest I am wrote:
Christians are told in scriptures to judge all things.

Again your understanding of Scriptures, or the lack of it, amazes me. You, yet again pick and choose which verses you will believe and which ones you will not believe. Know you not that it is written: We are NOT to judge unrighteously, but to judge Righteously. Judging God of the universe is NOT righteous on this planet or any planet in the universe.

Greatest I am wrote:
Most Christians have judged Yahweh/Jesus and I wondered if others had as well.

Many are called but only a very few are actually going to be chosen. MOST professing Christians will NOT be going to Heaven. Namely because they fail to obey the COMMANDMENT given by Jesus Christ Himself to Love One Another. Fail to do that, and you are NOT going to Heaven, and it doesn't matter how loud you yell "I believe in Jesus"

Any person who tries to judge God, is going to suffer the same fate as a defendant in a court room after committing a crime tries to judge the Judge that is going to sentence him/her. Any person who tries to judge God is an unrighteous wicked person.

Greatest I am wrote:

NO, i would be a servant of the devil to do so.

DiscipleDave

Reply Sun 24 May, 2020 10:48 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:
Yahweh and Jesus are not the same. Yahweh is god/God and Jesus was/is the son of Yahweh..

This is True, but then you continue and said

Quote:
sort of.

and that is wrong.

Sturgis wrote:

lol, really? Tell me, what mistakes do you deem Jesus made, love to hear this?
Sturgis

Reply Sun 24 May, 2020 10:55 pm
@DiscipleDave,
Have you forgotten about the day he lost his temper and hurled tables over at the temple?

Or when he was up on a cross wailing that his Holy Father had abandoned him?

Even the bible shows Jesus was not perfect. Same as other humans.
DiscipleDave

Reply Thu 28 May, 2020 03:20 am
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:
Have you forgotten about the day he lost his temper and hurled tables over at the temple?

And you think He made a mistake by doing so? i have read the entire Bible over 80 times in my life, and i have not yet found one verse that says, or teaches, or even implies that getting angry is a sin? So when Jesus got angry, He committed no sin, nor did He do anything wrong. Just because YOU might think He did, does not mean He did.

Sturgis wrote:
Or when he was up on a cross wailing that his Holy Father had abandoned him?

Again, same thing as above. Where is it written that being sad, or crying out to God is sinful, or if you did such a thing, that is wrong? Just because YOU might think He did something wrong by crying out to His Father, does not mean He did something wrong.

Sturgis wrote:
Even the bible shows Jesus was not perfect. Same as other humans.

i think you don't understand that He was Perfect, in the aspect that He never committed a sin. What you are describing above is that He was Human, experiencing Anger, and sadness, even as all humans do experience those things. Just because the Bible makes it known He was HUMAN, does not mean He did anything wrong, or was not perfect just because He exhibited human traits.
So YES Jesus was PERFECT because He committed no sins.
and
YES JESUS was PERFECTLY HUMAN, because He exhibited emotions, such as Anger, and Sadness, as all humans do.

So i am still waiting to hear these MISTAKES that Jesus made, as you seem to think, and accuse Him of doing? Where are the verses that say He made a mistake? i see your verses on Anger, NOT a mistake. i see your verses on crying out to the Father on the Cross, NOT a mistake. You got any others things that Jesus did, that YOU deem is a mistake?
Greatest I am

Reply Sun 31 May, 2020 04:49 pm
@DiscipleDave,
DiscipleDave wrote:

Then you have named yourself as a servant of the devel as you have judged Yahweh.

You have judged god to be good, despite his genocidal and infanticidal ways.

Thanks for showing us whose side you are on. Satan's.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Reply Sun 31 May, 2020 05:00 pm
@DiscipleDave,
DiscipleDave wrote:

So i am still waiting to hear these MISTAKES that Jesus made, as you seem to think, and accuse Him of doing?

Tell us please, if I were to ask you to let me suffer for a harm or sin you had done, IOW, if I asked you to abdicate your own responsibility for your own actions, would I be asking you to do a good thing or an evil thing?

Would I be doing something good or something evil?

Regards
DL

DiscipleDave

Reply Sat 6 Jun, 2020 04:12 pm
@Greatest I am,
DiscipleDave wrote:

Greatest I am wrote:
Then you have named yourself as a servant of the devel as you have judged Yahweh.

Who whispered in your ear that i have judged God Good. i have not judged God good or evil. But what i have and continue to do, is to judge the Word of God as being TRUE, and the Word says God is Good. If i then believe the Word of God that teaches God is Good, i have not judged God, but have judged the Word of God to be True. You do error thinking that i have judged God in any way whatsoever.

Greatest I am wrote:
. .. . . .. . . . . . ., despite his genocidal and infanticidal ways.

lol. Tell me, if Greatest I am goes about to exterminate the termites in you house, would the termites think of YOU as having genocidal and infanticidal ways. Just because those termites don't understand why you HAVE to get rid of them, does not mean you have genocidal and infanticidal ways.
Just because pathetic humans don't understand the ways of God, does not mean God has genocidal and infanticidal ways.

Those who can't see the big picture, tend to understand the actions of those who do.

Greatest I am wrote:

Just so you are warned, and i have not failed to warn you. Calling those that are Good, evil, is blaspheme of the Holy Ghost, which is NOT a forgivable sin.
DiscipleDave

Reply Sat 6 Jun, 2020 04:31 pm
@Greatest I am,
DiscipleDave wrote:
So i am still waiting to hear these MISTAKES that Jesus made, as you seem to think, and accuse Him of doing?

Greatest I am wrote:
Tell us please, if I were to ask you to let me suffer for a harm or sin you had done, IOW, if I asked you to abdicate your own responsibility for your own actions, would I be asking you to do a good thing or an evil thing?

i'm sure you are not going to like the answer i give.

A judge sits at his bench and is fixing to convict a girl to go to jail for one year. And the Father of that girl stands up and says, "I would like to pay the penalty for my daughter and go to jail for a year"
Tell me, is that judge Good or evil by allowing that Father to pay for the penalty so that his daughter does not suffer the consequences of her own actions?

What you seem to not understand is, that when God set up sacrificing under the old covenant, it was a means to deter people from committing sins. If a person was going to commit a sin, they would have to kill the life of an animal so that they are forgiven for that single sin. Another determent to committing sin, would be, if they did, and could not afford to sacrifice or pay for a sacrifice, then they would not be able to be forgiven for that sin. So they made sure they did not sin, because they could not afford to sacrifice their livelihood or pay for one.

The problem of sacrifice under the old covenant, was that the rich could afford to live in sins, as long as they had means to sacrifice living animals. The poor however, if they even accidentally committed a sin, could not afford to get that sin forgiven by a sacrifice of a living animal, so their sins just compounded, with no way to be forgiven. No way to go to Heaven. The Pharisees and Sadducee, which were RICH, did not have compassion on anyone who could not afford to sacrifice something to have a particular sin forgiven, they were "Letter of the law" orientated.

So when Jesus showed up. MOST people were lost, no hope, no way to have their sins forgiven, no possible way they can go to Heaven. Jesus taught another doctrine, the New Covenant. So that the lost could be Saved, Jesus was going to end Sacrificing for good, by sacrificing His own self, for the lost people, and not only to the lost of Israel, but extend this invitation to the Gentiles as well. Thousands of those who could not afford to sacrifice loved this new doctrine, so that they might have a way to go to Heaven.

Tell me Greatest I am, would you sacrifice yourself to save your own child? You would if you Truly Loved that child. Jesus Truly LOVED all of us humans, and was willing to give His life for us, as a living sacrifice. He agreed to this before the Earth was ever even created. He even did this for those who do not believe in Him.

Just because you don't understand, because you can't see the big picture, does not mean God does not know what He is doing. Woe to those who doubt one verse in Scriptures. The Word of God is a Road Map to get to Heaven, those who doubt that Road Map will never get there, even though they 100% believe they will.
Leadfoot

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2020 07:26 am
@DiscipleDave,
Quote:
A judge sits at his bench and is fixing to convict a girl to go to jail for one year. And the Father of that girl stands up and says, "I would like to pay the penalty for my daughter and go to jail for a year"

Tell me, is that judge Good or evil by allowing that Father to pay for the penalty so that his daughter does not suffer the consequences of her own actions?
So you are saying that it’s a good idea for children not to learn that their decisions have consequences? I couldn’t say whether evil was involved or not, but the father who sits in the corner instead of sending his irresponsible daughter there, is a shitty father. And the judge would be guilty of aiding and abetting the shitty father.

Sorry, your analogy sucks, both logically and theologically.
Greatest I am

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2020 10:15 am
@DiscipleDave,
DiscipleDave wrote:

DiscipleDave wrote:

Greatest I am wrote:

Who whispered in your ear that i have judged God Good. i have not judged God good or evil. But what i have and continue to do, is to judge the Word of God as being TRUE, and the Word says God is Good. If i then believe the Word of God that teaches God is Good, i have not judged God, but have judged the Word of God to be True. You do error thinking that i have judged God in any way whatsoever.

Greatest I am wrote:
. .. . . .. . . . . . ., despite his genocidal and infanticidal ways.

lol. Tell me, if Greatest I am goes about to exterminate the termites in you house, would the termites think of YOU as having genocidal and infanticidal ways. Just because those termites don't understand why you HAVE to get rid of them, does not mean you have genocidal and infanticidal ways.
Just because pathetic humans don't understand the ways of God, does not mean God has genocidal and infanticidal ways.

Those who can't see the big picture, tend to understand the actions of those who do.

Greatest I am wrote:

Just so you are warned, and i have not failed to warn you. Calling those that are Good, evil, is blaspheme of the Holy Ghost, which is NOT a forgivable sin.

God can kill as well as cure, yet you would say that killing is better than curing because your prick 0opf a god does it.

You have satanic morals and don't care.

Only the really stupid compare man to an all powerful god.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2020 10:18 am
@DiscipleDave,
DiscipleDave wrote:

DiscipleDave wrote:

Greatest I am wrote:

i'm sure you are not going to like the answer i give.

What you seem to not understand is, that when God set up sacrificing under the old covenant, it was a means to deter people from committing sins. If a person was going to commit a sin, they would have to kill the life of an animal so that they are forgiven for that single sin. Another determent to committing sin, would be, if they did, and could not afford to sacrifice or pay for a sacrifice, then they would not be able to be forgiven for that sin. So they made sure they did not sin, because they could not afford to sacrifice their livelihood or pay for one.

The problem of sacrifice under the old covenant, was that the rich could afford to live in sins, as long as they had means to sacrifice living animals. The poor however, if they even accidentally committed a sin, could not afford to get that sin forgiven by a sacrifice of a living animal, so their sins just compounded, with no way to be forgiven. No way to go to Heaven. The Pharisees and Sadducee, which were RICH, did not have compassion on anyone who could not afford to sacrifice something to have a particular sin forgiven, they were "Letter of the law" orientated.

So when Jesus showed up. MOST people were lost, no hope, no way to have their sins forgiven, no possible way they can go to Heaven. Jesus taught another doctrine, the New Covenant. So that the lost could be Saved, Jesus was going to end Sacrificing for good, by sacrificing His own self, for the lost people, and not only to the lost of Israel, but extend this invitation to the Gentiles as well. Thousands of those who could not afford to sacrifice loved this new doctrine, so that they might have a way to go to Heaven.

Tell me Greatest I am, would you sacrifice yourself to save your own child? You would if you Truly Loved that child. Jesus Truly LOVED all of us humans, and was willing to give His life for us, as a living sacrifice. He agreed to this before the Earth was ever even created. He even did this for those who do not believe in Him.

Just because you don't understand, because you can't see the big picture, does not mean God does not know what He is doing. Woe to those who doubt one verse in Scriptures. The Word of God is a Road Map to get to Heaven, those who doubt that Road Map will never get there, even though they 100% believe they will.

If you ever have the moral balls to answer my question instead of creating a scenario that suits your lies, I am here for you.

The fact that you cannot shows your total hipocracy.

That or you are an atheist trying to discredit Christians.

Either way, your deflections and lack of answers is not worth my time.

Regards
DL
0 Replies