0

Does Yahweh/Jesus live by the Golden Rule?

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2020 07:17 am

Most Christians seem to think so as they say that Yahweh/Jesus can do no evil.

We could look at all the commandments and laws but that might have us taking off in too many directions so I thought the Golden Rule might be a good starting point as it encompasses many of the commandments.

Most, I hope, start their moral thinking by some variant of the Golden Rule, a reciprocity rule, so I think we can all relate to some degree in judging Yahweh/Jesus.

Christians are told in scriptures to judge all things. Most Christians have judged Yahweh/Jesus and I wondered if others had as well.

Be you a Christian or not, could I have your overall thoughts and judgement of Yahweh/Jesus based on if you see him living by the Golden Rule?

Regards
DL

Sturgis

1  
Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2020 01:40 pm
@Greatest I am,
Yahweh and Jesus are not the same. Yahweh is god/God and Jesus was/is the son of Yahweh.... sort of.

Anyways, true Christians know that Jesus was not perfect. Being a human he made mistakes.

livinglava

0  
Reply Thu 23 Apr, 2020 11:04 am
@Greatest I am,
Greatest I am wrote:

Regards
DL

Matthew 7:2
For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

So if you judge others harshly, you will also be judged harshly; but if you judge gently, you will receive gentle judgment.

If you ignore all sin and fail to rebuke, then you will also get lost in sin and no one will rebuke you.

When judgment comes, how will you be judged?
Frank Apisa

1  
Reply Sun 26 Apr, 2020 11:41 am
@Greatest I am,
Greatest I am wrote:

Regards
DL

Are you certain you mean "Yahweh" in your title, DL?

I've seen Jesus spelled as Yeshua...but "Yahweh" is the name of Abraham's god.
coldjoint

0  
Reply Sun 26 Apr, 2020 07:06 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Are you certain you mean "Yahweh" in your title, DL

I think he is trying to say they are one in the same.
vikorr

1  
Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2020 01:59 am
@coldjoint,
Although he generally has very little interest in any conversation that follows. That makes the constant postings of all the 'mistakes' rather wierd, though perhaps it would make a kind of sense if it was done from a point of view of utmost condescension.

Greatest I am

1  
Reply Thu 7 May, 2020 01:22 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:

True Christians are Trinitarians but think of Jesus as perfect, just as they do of Yahweh. Bear in mind that with what, 3,000 sects of Christianity, there are exception for likely everything that you and I think they collectively believe.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am

1  
Reply Thu 7 May, 2020 01:24 pm
@livinglava,
livinglava wrote:

Greatest I am wrote:

Regards
DL

Matthew 7:2

Not by the genocidal prick called Yahweh.

Would you like to answer the O.P. now or was this deflection all that you are good for?

Regards
DL

Greatest I am

1  
Reply Thu 7 May, 2020 01:25 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

Yes I am sure.

Think Trinity.

Regards
DL