Rove was the source of the Plame leak... so it appears

blatham

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2005 08:35 am
And just so as we remain privy to partisan connections and objectivity of viewpoint ... re Victoria Toensing
http://mediamatters.org/items/200501140005
0 Replies

Chrissee

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2005 08:54 am
Quote:
But sources familiar with the probe

Byron York misspelled "White House shills."

When will these people stop lying? And what do they think they are accomplishing?
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2005 09:16 am
Ticomaya wrote:
Hmmm. A contemporaneous email from Rove memoralizing the welfare discussion initiated by Cooper ... Cooper acknowledges he "might have inquired about welfare reform" ... he was, it seems, hoping to publish an article re welfare reform ...

Interesting ...

He did write the article on welfare reform.

Smile
0 Replies

Chrissee

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2005 09:45 am
The welfare reform canard is a cover. If Rove wasn't clever, he would have been caught red-handed long ago.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2005 09:50 am
If it is like you say and cooper called up rove to discuss welfare reform and later did write an article on welfare reform, how in the world did the wilson story come naturally into the discussion? If I was cooper I would have went, "huh? what's wilson and Niger got to do with welfare reform?"

I thought Rove said he talked to cooper to set record straight on who sent Wilson to Niger? Which was it? Welfare reform or doing a good deed on educating America on who sent Wilson to Niger?
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2005 09:54 am
Chrissee wrote:
The welfare reform canard is a cover. If Rove wasn't clever, he would have been caught red-handed long ago.

That sounds awful close to: "Dammit ... if you didn't have a solid alibi, you'd be in trouble ..."
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2005 10:04 am
Lol, yeah, yeah....

As I've said all along, the focus on Rove in this case may very well be misplaced. There is every possibility that nothing will come from this from his angle (though I doubt it).

I don't doubt that there will be indictments to other members of the WH, though...

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2005 10:44 am
One thing about this whole discussion that gives me pause is the way there's so much emphasis not on whether there's anything wrong with what Rove did, but on whether or not the lawyers can get him punished for it. One thing has to do with right and wrong; the other on money and spin. Amazing.
It's as if we skip right over if the person got mugged to haggle over the terms of the plea for the mugger.
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2005 10:49 am
More problems for Karl Rove -- now he's accused of leaking the plot of the Harry Potter book." --Jay Leno

And, over at tradesports.com contracts on Karl Rove's resignation are flatlining at a 20% chance of his resigning by the end of September.

(Of course, that was before we knew about the whole Harry Potter thing LOL)
0 Replies

Chrissee

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2005 10:54 am
JustWonders wrote:
More problems for Karl Rove -- now he's accused of leaking the plot of the Harry Potter book." --Jay Leno

And, over at tradesports.com contracts on Karl Rove's resignation are flatlining at a 20% chance of his resigning by the end of September.

(Of course, that was before we knew about the whole Harry Potter thing LOL)

I guess not. White House spokespersons will not even confirm he will be fired when indicted.
0 Replies

Chrissee

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2005 10:58 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Lol, yeah, yeah....

As I've said all along, the focus on Rove in this case may very well be misplaced. There is every possibility that nothing will come from this from his angle (though I doubt it).

I don't doubt that there will be indictments to other members of the WH, though...

Cycloptichorn

I have no doubt that Rove is the architect of this traitorous act. If he avoids indictment, it will only be due to his ability to cover up the evidence. With so many people involved, it won't be hard to get someone to turn.
0 Replies

Chrissee

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2005 11:00 am
revel wrote:
If it is like you say and cooper called up rove to discuss welfare reform and later did write an article on welfare reform, how in the world did the wilson story come naturally into the discussion? If I was cooper I would have went, "huh? what's wilson and Niger got to do with welfare reform?"

I thought Rove said he talked to cooper to set record straight on who sent Wilson to Niger? Which was it? Welfare reform or doing a good deed on educating America on who sent Wilson to Niger?

He has got a lotta splainin to do.
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2005 11:04 am
JW, yep - and my sources say Rove was throughly disgusted because the Harry Potter Books printed on recycled paper.

"Pristene forests should be good for something" GW was cited <when attempting to read the first chapter to Rove>
0 Replies

coachryan

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2005 11:42 am
snood wrote:
One thing about this whole discussion that gives me pause is the way there's so much emphasis not on whether there's anything wrong with what Rove did, but on whether or not the lawyers can get him punished for it. One thing has to do with right and wrong; the other on money and spin. Amazing.
It's as if we skip right over if the person got mugged to haggle over the terms of the plea for the mugger.

Thank you!

Somebody set off a bomb within our intelligence community, destroying agent's identities and their contacts, and we're disscussing whether those persons are criminally vindictive or criminally negligent...

Either way thier criminals!

So much for "The Party of National Security" getting tough on crime. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2005 11:48 am
snood wrote:
"One thing about this whole discussion that gives me pause is the way there's so much emphasis not on whether there's anything wrong with what Rove did, but on whether or not the lawyers can get him punished for it. One thing has to do with right and wrong; the other on money and spin. Amazing.
It's as if we skip right over if the person got mugged to haggle over the terms of the plea for the mugger."

Spot on! Right-wingers know how to confuse simple concepts of right and wrong. WMD's anybody? LOL
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2005 12:17 pm
I also thank you, snood, for putting it right up front. But give lawyers an opportunity and they will always spin things only toward law.

As frank Rich's article above, and another article above where Rove was overheard yelling about "f**king" people over and destroying them, the arrogance embodied in that kind of power corrupts absolutely, vengeful attitude, is stark.

New to me, though, was this, also from Rich's article:

"but the "outing" of Mr. Kofman (who turned out to be openly gay) almost simultaneously with the outing of Ms. Plame points to a pervasive culture of revenge in the White House and offers a clue as to who might be driving it. As Joshua Green reported in detail in The Atlantic Monthly last year, a recurring feature of Mr. Rove's political campaigns throughout his career has been the questioning of an "opponent's sexual orientation." "

The administration doesn't like a particular story? Smear or otherwise try to discredit the source.

If their tactics varied a bit more, it might not be so obvious.
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2005 12:41 pm
sumac, the point is - the administration hacks are obvious meanwhile pushing their agenda using gossip as their wmd.

Any attorney worth their salt <with no bearing on Tico's posts>
will tell you there isn't a spin for 'treason'.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2005 12:58 pm
Stradee, I wish that was true, but we all know what Bush said about firing anybody in his administration that leaked the info. Now, it's anybody who has legally committed a crime. The next step is when anybody in his administration is sent to prison.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2005 01:33 pm
dyslexia wrote:
seems to me we are seeing a re-birth of Nixon's enemies list. Will it become the in thing, a status booster to be on the Bush enemies list?

heck, dys. that started back when they dug up ol' john ellis o'neill and sent him after kerry. Again.

just like the good old days, huh ?
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2005 01:35 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
blatham wrote:
The sky is green...it is...it really is. It's green.

It's a bit difficult to fathom why you bothered even writing this post, JustGiggles. As to intellectual penetration and sophistication of analysis, it ranks right up there with "my daddie can beat up your daddie, poopy-head."

What's a "daddie"?

no, no, no... it's "who's you're daddy ?!?!". :wink:

btw, pf @ live 8 is up on limewire. 850megs.
0 Replies