Thu 9 Apr, 2020 01:17 pm
I was officially laid off last Friday, April 3, but did work Monday-Thursday of last week. I applied for unemployment benefits on Monday, April 6, and was instructed to claim weekly benefits to activate my claim. The current weekly claim is for the week ending April 5, which was my last week working.

Do I ignore this weekly claim and file next week? Or do I fill this claim out honestly that I worked 4 days last week? I'm worried that will disqualify me from benefits.

tsarstepan

Mon 13 Apr, 2020 09:02 am
@cocododo,
cocododo wrote:

I was officially laid off last Friday, April 3, but did work Monday-Thursday of last week. I applied for unemployment benefits on Monday, April 6, and was instructed to claim weekly benefits to activate my claim. The current weekly claim is for the week ending April 5, which was my last week working.

Do I ignore this weekly claim and file next week? Or do I fill this claim out honestly that I worked 4 days last week? I'm worried that will disqualify me from benefits.

Don't be a ******* idiot and lie on your Unemployment Insurance claim. Report the one day not worked and claim the next week (wholly unemployed) when that time comes up. After all, when this is settled? Everyone trying to scam the system is going to get caught. So? Don't make it worse for people who are honestly trying to put through honest unemployment claims.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Mon 13 Apr, 2020 11:49 am
@cocododo,
Absolutely be honest. I am not sure if that was the question.

The last time I filed in Massachusetts, they made you wait for some time before you received any benefits... and the waiting period didn't start until you filed your first claim (which you wouldn't get anyway).

So, just follow the instructions. If there is a "last day of employment" field, then file the form with the correct information. That is what I would do. I am pretty sure they will figure it out and won't pay you any more than you are owed.
0 Replies