John Prine succumbed to Corona Virus RIP

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2020 01:21 pm
One of my favorite song writers and performer died yesterday from complications of the Corona Virus. John had survived several serious health issues in the last 10 years, but sadly, not this one.

I enjoyed the all the duo's and collaborations where he was involved. I loved the humor and the relaxed style of John Prine and I'm very sad he is with us no longer.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 6 • Views: 848 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2020 01:52 pm
@glitterbag,
Ditto on that. I heard about that yesterday. He was a great writer. Perhaps one of the top writers. The one haunting song I always think about is Angel From Montgomery! However, he has so many more than that.
glitterbag

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2020 02:03 pm
@Ragman,
That is a beautiful song.......I love the version with Bonnie Raitt.

I loved "In Spite of Ourselves", "Dear John", "That's the Way the World Goes Round".......His music makes me smile.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2020 02:45 pm
I had seen an article a few days before that he was hospitalized and the outcome seemed bleak. Sorry it went this way, may he now have the rest and peace he deserves as an appreciation for all he gave us.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2020 04:48 pm
I have always been aware of Prine but never took the time to hear him. Guess I need to educate myself.
glitterbag

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2020 05:24 pm
@edgarblythe,
Try this Edgar

https://youtu.be/1T5NuI6Ai-o

Bonnie Raitt sings with John Prine
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2020 05:47 pm
I saw him in concert in the early 70s. When he sang this one, the crowd sang along:

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 12 Apr, 2020 09:36 am
On the CBC program The Sunday Edition the elder statesman of Canadian journalists, Michael Enright described Prine as the Mark Twain of American song writers. So many programs I have heard recently have played this song, and I would venture to say it is his best, certainly one of the best:

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 12 Apr, 2020 11:07 am
I agree about Hello. I just started to listen to him. Good thing about recorded songs. You can almost always find them when you reach that point where they are most pertinent.
0 Replies