Chocolate Milk vs. White Milk...

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 10:58 am
I've been hearing all this commotion that low fat white milk helps you lose weight. What about chocolate milk? I'm no fan of low fat white milk that's why I mix it with chocolate. Can chocolate work the same way as White Milk?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,206 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Lady J

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 11:13 am
Probably not if you are trying to lose weight. Even with fat free chocolate, you are still adding a lot of sugar and a lot of carbs.
0 Replies

AbleIIKnow wong

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 11:09 pm
Oh okay thanks, on it's own it's gonna be nasty then. Oh well whatever it takes.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 11:40 pm
What Lady J said. The simple sugars in chocolate milk aren't good if you're trying to lose weight. Simple sugars not used as energy=stored as fat.

If you don't like the taste, go buy some protein powder to mix with it. Designer Protein tastes good, so does Optimum Nutrition. They're both low in carbs.
0 Replies

AbleIIKnow wong

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2005 12:10 am
Cool, thanks I'll look into those, I had one by Interactive Nutrition, do you know anything about it? Thanks again.
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2005 09:33 am
What Slappy said. Smile

I think that most of the protein powders are ok as long as you buy them from a reliable, health minded store. You may try talking with some of the sales associates where you buy your protein powder and ask them for a recommendation on brand that may contribute best to your goal of losing weight. Mostly though, I think it is a preference of taste. Some can taste rather chalky I have heard. And from what I understand the powders now come in a variety of flavours so you don't have to limit yourself to just chocolate, unless that's your favorite. Smile

Once I get back to the gym (I've been on a hiatus) I'll probably start taking a protein supplement to augment my workouts. My goal is not to lose weight but to strengthen, tone and totally define the muscle that I have.

Good luck to you and you are always more than welcome to join the A2K Virtual Weight Loss Thread here. It's a great support group for many A2K'ers and they all offer a lot of good nutrition advice and give superb moral support! Smile
0 Replies

HofT

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2005 10:28 am
I've been following this thread in hopes that a nutrition expert here will confirm something I read in Vogue magazine to the effect that ice cream is a diet food.

Experts will kindly address Starbucks white chocolate ice cream if possible (which I eat 2 quarts at a time, there being no half-gallon size for sale). I detest milk and never drank the stuff believing it (even as a baby, as my mother reliably told me) to be horrendously fattening - unless you're a baby cow headed for the slaughterhouse.

Lactose - the sickening icky stuff in milk - gets processed in ice cream and most cheeses. I don't know about the thread mentioned by Lady J but I'm 5ft 10 and weigh 110 lbs, so the ice cream obviously doesn't bother me:)
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2005 10:50 am
Hoft,

I'm an ice cream fanatic myself. Smile Although I have never sat and ate 2 quarts in one sitting, the thought has crossed my mind a time or two. Embarrassed You go, sweetie!
0 Replies

HofT

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2005 10:53 am
Thank you, Lady J, and a very happy July 4th weekend to you and everybody else here Smile
0 Replies