Your very worst experience at the hairdresser's.

msolga

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2005 10:48 pm
I had mine today! And I'm still rattled! Shocked

This is what happened: My second visit to A's hairdressing today. I made a few suggestions for "improvements" to the last haircut, it being my first with A & not feeling totally happy with it . Well! She didn't respond well at all! And proceeded to snip & slash at a furious pace. I said I wanted some bits shorter & she certainly gave me SHORT! When I put my reading glasses on I bear a striking resemblance to Harry Potter! Razz What an experience - I didn't even wait to get blow dried. I just bolted!
I don't think A & I will cross paths under the scissors ever again! I had no idea she was so... er ... sensitive! Shocked

Please feel free to share your excruciating hairdresser experience!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 6,431 • Replies: 141
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2005 11:10 pm
Erm, I started a thread on this very subject quite a while ago.

I've taken to cutting my own hair lately (not a good idea, though I've gotten compliments galore) because I can't get any one to listen, whether at a cheapo place or an expensive place, or a medium expensive place. Or, they'll listen once and do the opposite next time.
This is one situation where the computer might make inroads for communication. What I ask is simple, and is apparently unintelligible.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2005 11:18 pm
ossobuco wrote:
Erm, I started a thread on this very subject quite a while ago.

Oh, sorry, osso, I didn't know that.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2005 11:23 pm
ossobuco wrote:
.. I've taken to cutting my own hair lately (not a good idea, though I've gotten compliments galore) because I can't get any one to listen, whether at a cheapo place or an expensive place, or a medium expensive place. Or, they'll listen once and do the opposite next time.
This is one situation where the computer might make inroads for communication. What I ask is simple, and is apparently unintelligible.

Yes, why is it so hard to listen? Confused
I consider a haircut a business transaction like any other purchase service. So why do the hairdressers turn into prima donnas if I have suggestions for improvement? For heaven's sake, it's my head that has to wear the style! Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2005 11:44 pm
I'll be back with my story later. I'm too tired to tell it now. Mine's actually a story from the barbershop, not the hairdresser's, per say. I hope that's okay.

Goodnight...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2005 11:44 pm
No matter on the old thread, that was just to say "I feel your pain".

I am presently growing out my Own Cut, which looks damn funny now at three inches longer. I need to have the bottom straightened out (hard, y'know for me to reach the back), but I don't want to spend the money and undergo the salon routine to just have that done.

I can do it at the place in the mall, but that means showing up and hanging around for, oh, 45 minutes before my name is called.

Weeks go by. It is getting longer, longer.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2005 11:50 pm
kickycan wrote:
I'll be back with my story later. I'm too tired to tell it now. Mine's actually a story from the barbershop, not the hairdresser's, per say. I hope that's okay.

Goodnight...

Of course, kicky! We look forward to sharing! Very Happy

Night night!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2005 11:57 pm
ossobuco wrote:
...I am presently growing out my Own Cut, which looks damn funny now at three inches longer. I need to have the bottom straightened out (hard, y'know for me to reach the back), but I don't want to spend the money and undergo the salon routine to just have that done.

I can do it at the place in the mall, but that means showing up and hanging around for, oh, 45 minutes before my name is called.

Weeks go by. It is getting longer, longer.

You wouldn't have a trusty friend whose handy with the scissors, osso?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 12:00 am
Not here and now, no. I do have m'business partner soon to revert to just friend, but she's the last person I'd ask as she is salon oriented.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 12:01 am
I just went ouside to retrieve the garbage bin. OUCH, my ears are cold! So not only am I too look like Harry Potter's twin, I'm to spend the next couple of months with frozen ears! Sad Damn that crazy hairdresser!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 12:05 am
You probably look like a cool cat, msolga...
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 12:05 am
ossobuco wrote:
Not here and now, no. I do have m'business partner soon to revert to just friend, but she's the last person I'd ask as she is salon oriented.

Don't mention that "s" word, osso! Shocked

Hey, you might get to like it longer?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 12:09 am
ossobuco wrote:
You probably look like a cool cat, msolga...

Laughing

Hmmmmm, I guess anything's possible! Cool

My friend K will be arriving soon, to go out for an Indian meal with me. I'll see what she says ......
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 05:26 am
I don't believe it! No one else has been reduced to a blubbering mess by a haircut? Confused Can't be true!
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 05:50 am
When I was about 12 I wanted a perm which was kinda spirally and soft, I had it done but it was by a hairdresser to the elderly, therefore she cut my hair short, then permed it.I looked like Charlie Chaplin and wasnt happy at all.

Happily I have now found a hairdresser who had the exact hairdoo I was after herself.She is my hair saviour.Praise be to Mandy.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 05:53 am
What's Mandy's work number, mg?

That experience at the gentle age of 12! EEK!
0 Replies

Sanctuary

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 06:24 am
Everytime I go to the hair salon is a mishap waiting to happen.

I have curly hair. No one teaches these folks how to cut curly hair. You don't wet curly hair, you don't blow dry curly hair, you don't brush curly hair. Most hairdressers will treat curly hair as if it's straight hair - because they learned that way - and it's not!

I sit down in a chair, and get ready to experience the first no-no: the water bottle. It always happens. I always cringe.

With curly hair, if you wet it when you cut it, then you really have no idea of how long it will be once it's dry - very important!

My last hair cut, I wanted short layers for the first time. This meant that I was extremely frightened that the lady would wet my hair and then cut, making it the perfect length while wet, but horribly short when curled. Guess what happened? Mmmhmm.

I was shocked at the method this lady used to cut curly hair - SHE had curly hair! Ugh Rolling Eyes

I refuse to correct the hairdressers when they're cutting, because I feel like a prick (and I don't want Msolga's experience Surprised ).I am on the verge of just learning how to cut it myself, or finding a salon specializing in curly hair.
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 06:29 am
I have very curly hair. I just tell them to razor cut it. I used to have an afro, a fair dinkum natural afro (years ago). I didn't need to tell the barber to do anything. I just didn't go to the barber. Aaaaahhh...memories Very Happy
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 06:30 am
They can't seem to get it right with straight hair either, Sanctuary! Ever thought of just giving up & letting it grow & grow & grow? It must be tempting. Very Happy
0 Replies

Sanctuary

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 06:31 am
material girl wrote:
When I was about 12 I wanted a perm which was kinda spirally and soft, I had it done but it was by a hairdresser to the elderly, therefore she cut my hair short, then permed it.I looked like Charlie Chaplin and wasnt happy at all.

Oh! The stories I have...

I did the opposite. At about 11, I cut my hair professionally straightened (this was before I saw my curls as a blessing, and wanted to kink them right out of my skull). My father spent $72 on it. It hurt, and it burnt my roots. I had only an inch hair at my roots! Pathetic.

The best part? My hair had curled right back up by the time I went to bed that night. Rolling Eyes

That'll teach me to mess with the curls. They're a force of nature; right up there next to "Mudslide" and "Hurricane-force winds."

(My roots have thankfully grown back since, by the way. Now I refuse to do anything chemically harsh to my poor hair.)
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Your very worst experience at the hairdresser's.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/20/2024 at 08:38:05