I saw two movies this weekend.

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2005 10:33 am
I haven't been to a movie in a long time but this weekend I saw Batman Begins and Bewitched.

Both were pretty good. The odd thing is that both of them had Michael Cain, each movie had a Tom Cruise girl (Nicole in bewitched and Katie in Batman) also the guy who plays batman kind of looks like cruise, the creepy guy (not sure of his name) who plays the scarecrow in Batman was also in the previews during Bewitched for a different movie. It was a weird 7 degrees kind of thing.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 823 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2005 10:35 am
JP, you are a statistical oddity. The film industry is currently experiencing the greatest slump in its history (according to an article from, i think AP, which i read this morning). Going to two movies in the same weekend ! ! ! You're certainly doing your best to help those poor ( Rolling Eyes ) people in Hollywood out.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2005 10:41 am
I do what I can to help, Set... I wouldn't want those poor actors to have to fire their chauffer and actually have to drive themselves around... Oh the Horror!!!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2005 10:43 am
Many years ago i read about so-and-so (i don't remember who it was) drawing unemployment compensation between motion pictures. At first i was truly shocked, given just how much loot they haul down. But then it occurred to me that they were in fact unemployed at the time--still, it seemed so odd.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2005 10:54 am
That is as sad a story on the state of our world as I have ever read.

I always thought it would be cool to be a professional actor or sports player and make a ton of money for something as insignificant as acting or playing a game.

Then, right after I signed the biggest contract in history, actually do something useful with all that money instead of hording it like food during a famine. Give it away to charities. Pay for deserving kids college tuitions. Set up after school programs. You know, the sort of stuff that might actually make a difference.

Just keep enough for me to be able to retire nicely and maybe do a little travelling.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2005 11:17 am
How thoughtless and selfish of you . . . just think of all the poor, deserving agents, publicists, personal trainers, wardrobe consultants, speech coaches, etc., you'd put out of work. How heartless you are ! ! !
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2005 11:46 am
This goes back a ways, when MJ was still playing, maybe even before he'd retired to take up golf. after it was revealed that he lost $50,000 wagering on one round of golf with some buddies, the general reaction seemed to be, so what? that's pocket change. my reaction was, that would provide a family for a year, or put a kid through college.
0 Replies