Hi. Has anyone here missed me, and/or wondered where I've been, and/or what happened to or with me?

Reply Mon 25 Nov, 2019 12:27 am
Hi. I haven't been here in a long while. My PC died and I need a new one. For the time being I am forced to either use the Internet via my smartphone or on library computers. I can use the internet on computers at my local employment center, but you are only supposed to be those computers for employment-related purposes.

In any event, I had been very busy and haven't had a lot of time to post on this site.

I was supposed to be doing transcription-related work on my PC. I was working on doing some practice transcription tests and familizing myself with the transcription software I downloaded to my PC and trying to get help online using the software, which took a while, and one day the tower on my PC conked out. I tried troubleshooting to get my PC fixed on my own but to no avail. A friend of mine who is a computer expert and works with computers for a living, along with her husband, told me it's not worth it to get my PC fixed. I need a new one. My PC was 6 years old, operated on Windows 8.1, and wasn't under warranty.

I have been trying to make time to get over to my local library to see if I can do any transcription work on their computers. I hope I can. I can't do that on a smartphone. When I go I will take my transcription headphones with me. I don't know if I can use transcription software at the library or not. I will find out.

I was forced to caregive for my mother, which wasn't a very pleasant experience for me, on top of having to deal with and help take care of my younger brother, which is another reason I haven't been on here.

I was forced to stay at home for a while. Thankfully my mother is away at the local hospital getting the necessary medical help, care and attention she needs and she received some much-needed surgery and she is going into rehab. I am glad my brother is staying with my older sister for a while. I needed a break from dealing with both of them.

I need to focus on getting myself together and getting my house and garage cleaned up and straighted up.

Did anyone here miss me, and/or wonder what happened to me, and/or where I have been?

I am curious. Please respond soon. Thank you.

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 25 Nov, 2019 02:22 am
Has anything interesting happened on the forums in the time I was gone? The time since I last posted here? What did I miss?
0 Replies

Miss L Toad

Reply Mon 25 Nov, 2019 04:28 am
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
Hi. Has anyone here missed me, and/or wondered where I've been, and/or what happened to or with me?

Everyone.

Welcome back.

0 Replies

hightor

Reply Mon 25 Nov, 2019 05:56 am
Finally! Thank goodness you've returned. Lots of spam was deleted while you were gone. How will you be celebrating Black Friday?
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 25 Nov, 2019 07:14 am
I figured it was normal for you to stay away now and then.
JGoldman10

Reply Mon 25 Nov, 2019 02:12 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

Finally! Thank goodness you've returned. Lots of spam was deleted while you were gone. How will you be celebrating Black Friday?

What "spam" and whose? I wasn't spamming anything before I left. I don't "celebrate" and/or "observe" Black Friday. I don't holiday shop and I have not done so in years.

I couldn't tell if you were being facetious or not with your post.

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 25 Nov, 2019 02:14 pm
@edgarblythe,
Yeah, but I felt deprived by not posting on a2k since my PC stopped working.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 25 Nov, 2019 02:18 pm
@JGoldman10,
Do you not celebrate Christmas?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 25 Nov, 2019 02:19 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I couldn't tell if you were being facetious or not with your post.

Really? I could.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Reply Mon 25 Nov, 2019 05:13 pm
@JGoldman10,
I noticed you were MIA, but I figured you were busy. Everyone, every now and then, goes offline for a few days/weeks.
Real Music

Reply Mon 25 Nov, 2019 08:28 pm
@JGoldman10,

JGoldman10

Reply Wed 27 Nov, 2019 07:43 pm
@Real Music,
Lol. Wow - talk about old-school. Thank you.
JGoldman10

Reply Wed 27 Nov, 2019 07:48 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Hello young man. How are you? Thank you for your concern. Yes, I had a family emergency and a lot of biz to take care of and work to do. That was more important than posting on here.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Wed 27 Nov, 2019 08:36 pm
Fortunately for me, I have a friend who is going to send me a new computer, which is a blessing, and a mobile charger for my smartphone. I will consider both of these things my Xmas gifts this year.

My friend said I may not get them until after the holidays. That's fine. I've gone longer without certain tech. I'll survive. At least I will get them.
Real Music

Reply Wed 27 Nov, 2019 09:45 pm
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
Lol. Wow - talk about old-school. Thank you.

You're welcome.
That seemed like a good video to post.
JGoldman10

Reply Thu 28 Nov, 2019 12:47 am
@Real Music,
I didn't watch the video. Just the fact you referenced Welcome Back Kotter was enough to make me laugh
izzythepush

Reply Thu 28 Nov, 2019 01:53 am
@JGoldman10,
So you do celebrate Christmas. Some Christian groups don't.
JGoldman10

Reply Thu 28 Nov, 2019 03:45 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I didn't watch the video. Just the fact you referenced Welcome Back Kotter was enough to make me laugh.

-FIXED.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Thu 28 Nov, 2019 03:50 am
@izzythepush,
I am aware of the fact Christmas started out as a pagan festival in Europe and was decidely made into a Christian holiday to appease to Christian Church in Europe before it was brought over to the U S. My family and I don't really celebrate it, we observe it. We haven't celebrated it in years.

We do treat it like a Christian holiday, like Thanksgiving and Resurrection Sunday (what you refer to as Easter).

A lot of other Christians treat these holidays as Christian ones.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 28 Nov, 2019 08:00 am
@JGoldman10,
Sol Invictus is the Roman god whose birthday falls on December 25th. That was the first attempt at a state religion, Christianity was the second one.