ANYONE FOR CRICKET?.......

goodfielder

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2005 10:32 pm
littlek wrote:
Is it?

Hey you doin' goodfielder.....?

Just about to zip outside and soak up some rays littlek - it's about 29c here today - and I'm pretty good thank you. Very Happy
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 16 Oct, 2005 02:41 pm
Sigh.... sun.... what's that again?
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2005 04:37 am
Speaking of sun did anyone notice symmons in the day night one dayer umm fri i think fielding in the evening covered in zinc cream as per usual. What the?
0 Replies

margo

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2005 05:37 pm
perhaps no-one told him the roof was closed! I guess it's part of his signature.

Well - the cricket was interesting - as bad as Pom-land, taking the light at 10.30am and again at 2.30pm! Unseasonable and unreasonable Sydney weather! Cold, too! At least they came on again - so we got to see most of the Australian team bat -not very well, and then some of the other mob - even less well. Then they went down in a heap, again, on Monday!

But you have to love Stuart MacGill! 5 wickets in the 2nd innings, 4 inthe 1st. -and he can't get a regular place in the team Sad

A pity that the Rest of the World team really couldn't get it together, though. It should have been a great spectacle. As it was - I felt a bit cheated - all those big names and big egos , at big money (mine!), and no decent performances.

And we have only the Sefricans and the West Indians to look forward to this summer! Neither too inspiring - and the Windies aren't even playing in Sydney - at least with them their spectators provide some entertainment.

Lil K...I did think that Dlowan was a bit over the top in her outfit - but she didn't have to wear as much sunblock as I did! Dlowan at the cricket ...I don't think so!
0 Replies

Prince El

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2005 12:49 pm
there's a thread on Super Series on Asia forum

why not join in?
0 Replies

margo

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2005 12:35 am
Prince El wrote:
there's a thread on Super Series on Asia forum

why not join in?

link????
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2005 04:42 am
Magill 12th man.......................again
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2005 06:24 am
Well done Punter: See......... you dont really need Boof to lean on.

love Kerry Okeefe on ABC radio
Laughing
0 Replies

margo

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2005 12:15 am
MacGilla Sad But at least he's been released to play for NSW against WA! Still - shoulda bowled him....

Ditto, dadpad, on ABC radio.... that KOK laugh is a mystery, though!

ABC news has developed this clever thing they call a widget - when you install it, you can have the current scores just popping up on your machine - a great thing if you are desk bound.

It's showing that Brett Lee is currently bowling to Lara, who's on 30.....and just got him out as I checked again!

I think they also have live streaming - but there's little tolerance for cricket here, so I have to wear the headphones - and I've been jumping up and down all day, so a bit impractical
0 Replies

margo

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 07:48 pm
Well - cleaned up the Windies 3 - 0

Bring on the Sefricans!
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2005 10:18 pm
Will McGrath now assume his rightfull place in the top order. Should Langer be concerned. :wink:
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 05:24 am
The Sefricans are on the ropes. Warney had them twisted in knots today.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 06:21 am
Bay 13
Chant of the day

Smith is a wanker *clap clap clapclap clap*

original, easy to learn, to the point and true Twisted Evil

I will now award points for good (or really crap) original cricket chants posted by A2kers
post your cricket chant below.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 03:30 pm
barmy army barmy army ad infinitum army
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 03:31 pm
oh nearly forgot

Wavy Navy Wavy Navy Wavy Navy....er you guessed the rest.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 06:23 pm
wavy navy? ah yes i see army> navy, well might have to refer that one to the 3rd umpire for a decision!

"Nel got f*ng smashed", was an excellent example. Hes good value for a sledge. He swayed along in time with the chant whilst in the outfield...... Thats class

Prince just got given, he is "most undelighted" according to Benaud-- S.Africa 7/132 Very Happy
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2006 06:53 am
Bay 13 have nicknamed Andrea Nell ..........Farka.

Thats worth points
0 Replies