ANYONE FOR CRICKET?.......

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2005 02:05 am
I just thought I'd like to say some comforting words regarding the Australian Cricket performances, especially the one day match against England yesterday.

So, here goes.....................

Jolly hard luck, and I hope your team get it together soon, so that we can have some proper competition for the forthcoming "Ashes".

I mean that most sincerely.

Honest.

MMWWWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAAAHAHAAAHAAA!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 8,548 • Replies: 116
No top replies

goodfielder

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2005 03:18 am
It's worth it just to see the smugness disappear (not all of us appreciate the arrogance displayed especially by our media). And talking abuot the media there wasn't much reporting of it. And to think a couple of weeks ago my eyes glazed over an article in a paper rambling on about the weakness of the England team. I wonder if I can find it again.

I know it's been a while but England have to be magnanimous victors if they win the Ashes. Embarrassed
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2005 03:22 am
If there was a raffle going in the Bwitish team and like ONE AUSSIE bought a ticket - who the f#ck d'ya think would win that raffle?

The Poms couldn't win organise a piss-up in a brewery with a pub and a bottle-shop (off-licence) if it was on National Piss-Up In A Brewery Week in Sydney!!!*

*In Melbourne or Adelaide they would have even odds!

Hell. This post needs changing coz I said 'could' not 'couldn't' - this is all the fault of Craven who can't load the correct software to compensate for the prejudices and complete pissedness of Australians on Monday nite! He and Bill Gates are responsible for my enlarged liver and my lack of success with females........
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2005 03:40 am
That mystified me, Stilly. I have no idea, really .... Confused
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2005 03:55 am
I think it's post-traumatic stress disorder Shocked
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2005 03:59 am
Ah, I see!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2005 04:03 am
... I think.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2005 04:15 am
If they went into a pub in Melbourne an alluring Aussie female called Olga would lure them to their eventual demise......

if it was Adelaide a wabbit would bite them on their floppy, wobbly bits!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2005 04:40 am
Goodness gracious me!
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2005 06:42 am
It ain't over 'til the fat man spins!

I think it's a little early for the poms to be bragging just yet.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2005 09:12 am
Bragging? I hope you didnt read my post the wrong way, or anything.

I will try to rephrase it for the purpose of clarity.

What I meant to say was that I sincerely and honestly think that the game against Bangladesh was a "one off" trick of fate, that happens to the best of teams now and then,
The Australian team are obviously a bit rusty, having not played any games together as a team for a while, and that I sincerely hope that they find their form before too long.
It would be great to have two sides, equally matched in skill and determination, when it comes the time to play the Ashes series.

Oh, and Somerset, I forgot the trick of fate thing with Somerset. Ghastly business.

So, good luck everyone. It should be an interesting summer.

I shall resist.
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2005 05:53 am
You're not resisting Lord E - you're merely laying doggo. Perhaps Ponting's men are also?
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2005 01:40 am
Oh dear. It seems the Aussies found a little form last night. Could it be that the team that hadn't played together for 5 months is starting to work the cobwebs out?

I guess only time will tell!!!
0 Replies

margo

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2005 09:23 pm
<poop!>
a bloody draw! (or is that 'tie"?

anyway <poop!>
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2005 01:55 am
That was a bloody good match if you ask me. Exactly what one day cricket is all about.

I loved the way that your guy nearly took an eye out with one of his deliveries.

I think we are in for a bloody good Summer of cricket over here, and the two sides seem evenly matched.

Well played, both teams!
0 Replies

margo

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 09:06 pm
Been a couple more good matches - different results though!

Next week for the Ashes - wish they'd play at a civilised time - these 3.30am finishes are putting some sort of damper on my work day!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 09:20 pm
lord e said
Quote:
I think we are in for a bloody good Summer of cricket over here, and the two sides seem evenly matched.

we have extreme cricket over here.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 09:28 pm
And I suppose you're all going to interest me in this esoteric subject.

Is there any easy site to see re the whole sport, written for slow folks? I know, I know, Ellpus, our lord, just wrote the ultimate esplano on cricket earlier today. Priceless writing, really, a saver. But not all that useful for a newbie who just might start to pay a wee bit of attention, once in a while.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 09:30 pm
wheres that osso. I so wanna learn as much about cricket as I may absorb.

not
0 Replies

margo

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 09:43 pm
he wuz wrong about evenly matched, too!
0 Replies