I am having some problems with my computer, I was wondering

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2005 02:03 pm
I am having some problems with my computer, I was wondering, if someone would be kind enough to help.

When I try to search something on my computer it tells me that a file that is required to run search companion cannot be found. WHat does that mean?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,238 • Replies: 5
No top replies

goodfielder

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2005 05:54 pm
Some of the regulars here are experts with computers - unfortunately I'm not one of them but it is probably a good idea to list the details of your computer and your operating system. For example if you're running a mac or a pc that will be important. I think you'll find someone will be along to give some more useful advice very soon.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2005 06:29 pm
Yeah ... let us know your operating system, browser, and related update details.
0 Replies

PoeticMisterE

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2005 03:32 am
Thanks, both.

I have XP, I am running a sony, Avalon. I have a 2.9 MHZ, 120 gig, 512 ram, radeo card 9200 64 bit. I have two browsers FIREFOX and MAXTHON. I have Netzero as interenet provider.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2005 07:19 pm
Tell ya what - lets see a HiJackThis scan log. Be sure to install it to and run it from a folder of its own either directly on your root drive or in your Programs folder, not from your desktop or any temporary foldr. When you run it, do so with no other browsers or windows open, and with no other applications running. or an overview of what you might expect, and for more detailed instructions regarding HiJackThis, see THIS TOPIC.

Don't worry too much about the whole procedure outlined there; right now, just get us a HiJackThis log, and we'll see what we've got.
0 Replies

PoeticMisterE

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2005 09:13 pm
Thanks! I appreciate it.
0 Replies