US Constitution- What changes, if any does it need?

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2005 09:23 am
US Constitution- What changes, if any does it need?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,240 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2005 06:33 pm
None, unless to make it easier to remove a President from office if he mis-leads the people about his belief of inevitability of war.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2005 06:43 pm
Might need a bit of tweaking to keep the president from acting more like a king than president.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2005 08:01 pm
None, because the Founders were a heck of a lot smarter than you guys.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2005 08:06 pm
The founding fathers had to be corrected on a number of things. So there.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2005 09:32 pm
A law review once asked a group of scholars to write on the topic: "what is the worst provision in the constitution?" I wish I could remember which law review did this: it was one of the few law journal issues that was actually worth reading. I recall that the 22nd amendment and the "due process" clause of the 14th amendment were mentioned prominently, and I think the 25th amendment and the "necessary and proper" clause may have made the list as well. It's hard, however, to argue with the choice of either the second or twelfth amendments: the second for its maddeningly ambiguous phrasing, and the twelfth because it is a stylistic trainwreck and it set up the modern electoral college system.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2005 09:35 pm
joefromchicago wrote:
It's hard, however, to argue with the choice of either the second or twelfth amendments: the second for its maddeningly ambiguous phrasing, and the twelfth because it is a stylistic trainwreck and it set up the modern electoral college system.

An excellent and piquantly accurate summation.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2005 10:02 pm
Setanta wrote:
An excellent and piquantly accurate summation.

Thank you. I pride myself on my piquancy.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2005 10:37 pm
Bettern'a pot full a peppers, Boss . . .

heeheeheeheeheeheeheehee . . .
0 Replies