Arsenokoitai - A mistranslation?

glitterbag

Wed 23 Oct, 2019 01:29 am
@hawkeye10,
Oh look, all hail the Hawkeye.......please don’t ever look at his early postings.
0 Replies

TheSubliminalKid

Wed 23 Oct, 2019 03:33 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

he/she/whatever

The word you're looking for is "they".

Edit: To clarify, if you're unsure of someone's gender or pronouns, we use "they". Singular they has been dated in the English Language since 13th Century.

Although as you know my dad is male, and uses he/him pronouns, as has been made very clear for quite some time now, this is nothing short of passive misgendering.

I doubt your trans nephew, who you're so desperate to wave around whenever trans issues come up, would be disappointed you used an opportunity to make a weak stab at someone's gender identity/non binary identities in general.
TheSubliminalKid

Wed 23 Oct, 2019 03:52 am
@TheSubliminalKid,
"I doubt your trans nephew, who you're so desperate to wave around whenever trans issues come up, would be disappointed"

^^ I meant to say I doubt he would be pleased.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Wed 23 Oct, 2019 04:23 am
Izzy derails a thread on Biblical translation and now we are talking about my "trans nephew".

This is ridiculous.
TheSubliminalKid

Wed 23 Oct, 2019 04:41 am
@maxdancona,
I mean I'm my own person with my own thoughts that can write what I want but sure.

Maybe don't make casual transphobic microaggressions and it won't pop up again.
maxdancona

Wed 23 Oct, 2019 05:05 am
@TheSubliminalKid,
Izzy's behavior (and now yours) is the problem. He came to this thread not to discuss the issue, but to continue his feud. And, another thread has blown up.

We don't have to discuss my "transphobic microagressions" on thread after unrelated thread.
izzythepush

Wed 23 Oct, 2019 05:25 am
@maxdancona,
You are the one continuing your 'feud' and have done ever since your monstrous error was pointed out to you.

You could have accepted it and moved on but you went into your usual predictable poor me mode because you can't handle being wrong.

I answered your question on Paul, but you've not answered mine. When did you think the iron age started, was it towards the end of the Roman Empire, after its collapse, the Renaissance or maybe even WW2?
maxdancona

Wed 23 Oct, 2019 05:46 am
@izzythepush,
All I am asking is that you stop following me around from thread to thread to make off-topic attacks. You might notice that I don't ever engage with you, it is always you who instigate these threads blowing up.

You are stalking me to continue this fight on thread after thread after thread. I want you to stop. That seems like a reasonable request. I don't have a problem rolling in the mud with you. The problem is that you are derailing thread after thread with the same bullshit. It is tiring.

(I don't know why you are arguing about the Iron Age. I believe I made a single comment about Leviticus being part of a "bronze-age religion". The rest of this argument you made up on your own. To make it clear, Paul has nothing to do with the Bronze age accept for the fact that he studied the Law of Moses.)

You are just here to pick another fight with me. I wish your behavior would stop.
izzythepush

Wed 23 Oct, 2019 06:02 am
@maxdancona,
This is what you wrote.

maxdancona wrote:

I think this is wishful thinking. Why would a Bronze Age theocracy have the same views as a 21st century liberal democracy?

This was in response to Chai's original post about Paul. Nobody mentioned Leviticus until you did.

So either you thought Paul wrote Leviticus or he wrote during the Bronze Age.

Either option is remarkably stupid.

This is so typical of you to ague ad nauseam because you can't accept being wrong.

All you've done is engage with me on this thread, so stop talking bollocks.

I don't follow you round, and I don't particularly want to talk to you, you have nothing worthwhile to say.

You've really got to accept your limitations, not just academically but it terms of who you can tell what to do.

You can't tell me what to do, and what you're proposing is unacceptable. You can't bagsy a thread, post on it and then insist I can't because you got there first.

Also I'm not going to let your catastrophic errors go unchallenged, it's not fair on those who come here for answers.

I'm going to carry on as I always have. If you don't want me to respond to your posts then stick to the facts, research things first, then you won't keep saying such stupid things.

It's not just me fed up with your crap, or members of my imaginary clique, it's lots of people.

https://able2know.org/topic/536760-1#post-6916240

Now if I'd posted that it would have received the standard poor Max reply, but because it was Tsar, you actually shut up for once.
maxdancona

Wed 23 Oct, 2019 06:10 am
I think this thread is done.

Please Izzy. Let's not do this again. It won't be me who starts this up again.

I won't engage with you if you don't (although I reserve as always the right to express my opinion on topics that interest me).
izzythepush

Wed 23 Oct, 2019 06:12 am
Like I said it's not just me. I've never spoken to Luxin or had any interaction with them but they certainly have you sussed.

Luxin wrote:
So **** off with your definitions and attempted mind poisoning, typical Nazi behaviour.

******* worthless "Nazis" have no right to speak on themselves or any ******* subject.

https://able2know.org/reply/post-6914808/quote/<br />
0 Replies

nimh

Wed 23 Oct, 2019 09:16 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
It's not just me fed up with your crap, or members of my imaginary clique, it's lots of people.

https://able2know.org/topic/536760-1#post-6916240

Now if I'd posted that it would have received the standard poor Max reply, but because it was Tsar, you actually shut up for once.

Max was right on that one, though. Tsar dug up the bill, which actually existed, but still questioned the six months jail part, and Linkat then pointed out that the story "has been a big item on the radio .. all day" and the info about the 6 months thing was easy to find as well, including a link. So the whole accusation there ended up being that... Max was right all along but didn't add a link to prove it? I mean, I'd love everyone to include links and footnotes on everything, but it's a discussion forum, as reproaches go it seems a bit nitpicky.
izzythepush

Wed 23 Oct, 2019 09:23 am
@nimh,
What about Luxin? Were they right?
izzythepush

Wed 23 Oct, 2019 09:26 am
@maxdancona,
The thread was done when InfraBlue made this definitive post.

https://able2know.org/topic/536585-1#post-6915404

It pretty much explained everything, then you came along and muddied the waters by going on about the Bronze Age.
0 Replies

nimh

Wed 23 Oct, 2019 09:30 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

What about Luxin? Were they right?

In my opinion? No. He insists that "the word Nazi should ALWAYS BE USED for right wingers," and anyone insisting on distinguishing between Nazis and other right-wingers is "mind poisoning". He sounds like a nut.
0 Replies

nimh

Wed 23 Oct, 2019 09:34 am
@TheSubliminalKid,
TheSubliminalKid wrote:

FTR, and then I'm going to leave because that's quite enough of Max-defending for me for a while, you mixed up two different posters. The post you originally responded to, that described Izzy as "he/she/whatever", was by Hawkeye. Not Max.
TheSubliminalKid

Thu 24 Oct, 2019 04:12 am
@nimh,
nimh wrote:

TheSubliminalKid wrote:

FTR, and then I'm going to leave because that's quite enough of Max-defending for me for a while, you mixed up two different posters. The post you originally responded to, that described Izzy as "he/she/whatever", was by Hawkeye. Not Max.

You're right.

I do apologise - it makes my frustrated comments about the trans nephew utterly irrelevant and I do apologise.

This was a mistake of mine, I don't often come on A2K (only really making comments when things take my interest - or when there are discussions on trans topics).

Unfortunately it means a lot of the right wingers on here (or supposed "centrists" that **** on the left while making excuses for the right) have blurred into one hateful borg.

Still, I don't want to accuse anyone of anything they haven't done - so I do apologise.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 02:10:55