The End of Evolution Indoctrination in Kansas

Wilso

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 01:17 am
Food for the freaks to feed their childish fantasies.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Thu 24 Aug, 2006 09:10 am
I'm looking for the thread on which I posted a comment -- there are several such threads -- about the work being done with both Y-chromosone and mitochondrial DNA that demonstrates that humans are all of one race.

On this particular thread, someone answered that the fact that there are diseases that only Blacks suffer from demonstrates that there are many races.

Well, there are also diseases that only men get as well as those that only women suffer from. Guess that means that men and women are from different races.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Thu 24 Aug, 2006 10:06 am
plainoldme wrote:
I'm looking for the thread on which I posted a comment -- there are several such threads -- about the work being done with both Y-chromosone and mitochondrial DNA that demonstrates that humans are all of one race.

Defining race is a matter of semantics, not science, and I don't know what a mitochondrial DNA test would prove. Since most dog races separated from each other much more recently than blacks and and whites, the same mitochondrial DNA test would probably "prove" that dachshounds are the same race as Collies. Anyway, good luck finding those studies in those old threads.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 24 Aug, 2006 10:18 am
Interesting ressurection of this entire thread. I wonder what gunga is saying today ,Post elections?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 24 Aug, 2006 10:52 am
plainoldme wrote:
On this particular thread, someone answered that the fact that there are diseases that only Blacks suffer from demonstrates that there are many races.

Whether the member of whom you speak was motivated by a racist attitude, or merely ignorance, cannot said with any reliability. However, this canard has been trotted out many, many times, and tends to get repeated, uncritically, because of ignorance. The big claim of this type centers around sickle-cell anemia. This condition is prevalent in west African negroes, and by sheerly evolutionary means, tended to get centered in blacks who were used as slaves in the New World--the plasmodium which is responsible for malaria colonizes red blood cells in the quaternary stage of its life cycle, and therefore, is at a disadvantage in persons with sickle cell anemia. People with that condition have a greatly probability of surviving malaria, and being (somewhat) productive workers thereafter. Slavery did not immediately take hold in the mainland North American colonies, until heavy competition in monocultures became common in the 18th century--tobacco, rice, cotton. It was not until the late 17th and early 18th century that slaves were commonly purchased in the mainland colonies (Virginia, Maryland, the Carolinas and Georgia), and they then tended to be purchased in the West Indies--the islands to which west African negroes had been brought by slave traders. Therefore, sickle cell anemia was "selected" by the concommitant prevelance of malaria (brought to the New World by Spanish soldiers who had served in Italy at the end of the 15th and beginning of the 16th centuries), and therefore, Americans of African descent have a high probability of sickle cell anemia.

But sickle cell anemia does not occur only in west African blacks--it is also known in some people of the north African coast, and in the middle east. From an original population with the trait, it might have spread to these other populations. But the problem the racist point of view has is that racists consider blacks ("negroid" people) to be a separate race from the Berbers of north Africa, and the Semitic peoples of the middle east. Compounding the problem for this racist fairy tale, is that sickle cell anemia is also common in east Asia, and Polynesia. It is not terribly common in Polynesia, but it is there--and the history of the settlement of Polynesia suggests that it was present in the oldest population to colonize those islands. It is most common in east Asia in the Korean penninsula, and it is thought that the prevelance of the disease in China and Japan results from Korean migration. For the racists to claim that diseases are race-centered, they must ignore mountains of contradictory data--which is why i say that anyone making such claims is either ignorant, or racist.

Diseases are often not hereditary, and only appear to haunt a particular race or ethnic group. So, to return to the Koreans, a common disease in the Korean penninsula is epidemic hemmorrhagic fever. It has been alleged (by racists) that this is a disease which has an ethnic origin. But EHF can be caused by several pathogens, and it has been known for centuries to be common in the Korean penninsula and the Crimean penninsula. EHF is actually a description of the rapid, sympotomatic decline of the victim, and the most recent version of the disease was first identified as EHF, before it was know that the west African variety is caused by the Ebola virus--in Asia, it is caused by a hantavirus.

Generally speaking, claims about race-centered diseases are evidence not simply of the ignorance of those who actually believe that separate races exist, but their ignorance of diseases and epidemiology.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 24 Aug, 2006 12:27 pm
It says in the literature that retinal detachments are caused by sporting knocks and that Jews are more susceptible than others. I don't know if the latter is true though. The first is. Shortsightedness is another cause so maybe Jews are more shortsighted than others.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Thu 24 Aug, 2006 05:16 pm
Thomas wrote:

Defining race is a matter of semantics, not science, and I don't know what a mitochondrial DNA test would prove. Since most dog races separated from each other much more recently than blacks and and whites, the same mitochondrial DNA test would probably "prove" that dachshounds are the same race as Collies. Anyway, good luck finding those studies in those old threads.

Dogs do not come in races. A human from Africa shares more DNA with a human from Asia and a human from Alaska than a doberman shares with a poodle . . . or any other breed.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Thu 24 Aug, 2006 05:22 pm
farmerman wrote:
Interesting ressurection of this entire thread. I wonder what gunga is saying today ,Post elections?

Farmerman -- I have been thinking about the post proposing that the different diseases prove that man exists in different racial configurations for some time. Poor old gunga.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Thu 24 Aug, 2006 05:23 pm
Setanta -- Great post. Many years ago, I read that sickle cell anemia is present in Italy as well.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Thu 24 Aug, 2006 05:40 pm
plainoldme wrote:
Dogs do not come in races.

If that is true, English usage must be very different than German usage. In German, Dobermans, pinchers, and poodles are called different races of dogs. I'm skeptical that this isn't true in English. Can any of the others confirm what plainoldme said?
plainoldme wrote:
A human from Africa shares more DNA with a human from Asia and a human from Alaska than a doberman shares with a poodle . . . or any other breed.

Source?
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Thu 24 Aug, 2006 06:07 pm
If you look at a map of where malaria is most common in Africa and the distribution of people with sickle-cell amenia in Africa, you see a pattern.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Thu 24 Aug, 2006 09:24 pm
If you note that sickle cell anemia is the best evo-losers can do trying to come up with an example of a "beneficial mutation(TM)" you see a pattern....

I mean, I could as easily shoot one of those tribesmen through the head with a 44 and that would also prevent him from dying of malaria, but I've never yet seen any sort of a safari movie where some African girl runs up to Howard Hill or Teddy Roosevelt shouting

Quote:

"Heeeelp, SAVE me Bwana, I's in danger of dying from MALARIA, an I needs you to shoot me through my punkin head with that 375 of yours to keep me safe from them old mosquitos.....
0 Replies

real life

Reply Thu 24 Aug, 2006 09:34 pm
Anyone who thinks of sickle cell as a beneficial mutation probably is white.

But evolution has spawned many variations of racist dogma. Hitler, Sanger and others of the eugenics crowd were staunch evolutionists.

Then there's

Quote:
Congresswoman Disclaims Gore Comment

By Jeffrey McMurray
Associated Press Writer
Friday, Sept. 8, 2000; 6:30 p.m. EDT

WASHINGTON -- A black congresswoman who asserted Vice President Al Gore has a low "Negro tolerance level" backed off Friday, saying the claim was in a draft statement not meant to be released.

Rep. Cynthia McKinney's office issued a statement on Aug. 29 related to a lawsuit brought by three black Secret Service agents in which she said Gore's "Negro tolerance level has never been too high."

"I've never known him to have more than one black person around him at any given time," said McKinney, D-Ga.

After a week of Associated Press efforts to reach her for comment, her office issued a new statement late Friday.

"These remarks originated in a draft of a press release that was in the editing process and were never intended for public distribution. I disclaim all of those comments," she said in the new statement........

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/aponline/20000908/aponline183030_001.htm

Cindy never retracted her statement, she simply said we weren't supposed to hear it. Laughing
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Thu 24 Aug, 2006 10:25 pm
I'm guessing that Algor once participated in one of those frat party reverse slave auctions where black chicks are allowed to bid on white guys, and nobody bid on him.....
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 24 Aug, 2006 11:07 pm
Hey gunga its 6-4 in Kansas, Hows that affect your title?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 24 Aug, 2006 11:11 pm
Gunga, feeling full of himself posted this before the KAnsas elections where those "who wished to preach crticism of Darwin" were defeated
Quote:
The evolutionist contingent on FreeRepublic is crying over this:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1422236/posts?page=77

[Kansas Education] Board member Morris: Evolution a 'fairy tale'
The Wichita Eagle ^ | 13 June 2005 | JOHN HANNA

http://www.freerepublic.com/%5Ehttp://www.kansas.com/mld/kansas/news/state/11885987.htm

Evolution is an "age-old fairy tale," sometimes defended with "anti-God contempt and arrogance," according to a State Board of Education member involved in writing new science standards for Kansas' public schools.

A newsletter written by board member Connie Morris, of St. Francis, was circulating on Monday. In it, Morris criticized fellow board members, news organizations and scientists who defend evolution.

She called evolution "a theory in crisis" and headlined one section of her newsletter "The Evolutionists are in Panic Mode!"

"It is our goal to write the standards in such a way that clearly gives educators the right AND responsibility to present the criticism of Darwinism alongside the age-old fairy tale of evolution," Morris wrote.

Morris was one of three board members who last week endorsed proposed science standards designed to expose students to more criticism of evolution in the classroom. The other two were board Chairman Steve Abrams, of Arkansas City, and Kathy Martin, of Clay Center.

[Image]
[Image]

Morris was in Topeka for meetings at the state Department of Education's headquarters and wasn't available for interviews.

But her views weren't a surprise to Jack Krebs, vice president of Kansas Citizens for Science, an Oskaloosa educator.

"Her belief is in opposition to mainstream science," he said. "Mainstream science is a consensus view literally formed by tens of thousands people who literally studied these issues."

The entire board plans to review the three members' proposed standards Wednesday. The new standards - like the existing, evolution-friendly ones - determine how students in fourth, seventh and 10th grades are tested on science.

In 1999, the Kansas board deleted most references to evolution from the science standards. Elections the next year resulted in a less conservative board, which led to the current, evolution-friendly standards. Conservative Republicans recaptured the board's majority in 2004 elections.

The three board members had four days of hearings in May, during which witnesses criticized evolutionary theory that natural chemical processes may have created the first building blocks of life, that all life has descended from a common origin and that man and apes share a common ancestor. Evolution is attributed to...blah blah blah blah

TSK TSK.
0 Replies

Heliotrope

Reply Fri 25 Aug, 2006 12:12 am
It's about time the rest of the irrational as*hats were booted out on their blind arses towards the pre-techno caves and mud huts they so desperately crave to live out their pointless lives in.
Then they can sit there praying and wondering why God is such a tw@ to them when they see me cruising past in my Bently on my way to yet another massively successful scientific profit margin.

Gloat ? Me ?
No, surely not.

Enjoy the mud huts guys !
If you need airconditioning don't come to me because I'll tell you that God didn't invent it.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!!!!
Fools.
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Fri 25 Aug, 2006 04:07 am
I'd like to point out that sickle cell isn't the best example we can provide and that I have provided a better example in the past, though Gunga has chosen to ignore iut. Let me repost a link to the actual post where I gave other, better examples.

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1941371#1941371

But gunga ignored it completely, because it was a better example than sickle cell anaemia and it was a gain of function mutation, which destroyed his ridiculous hypothesis of "evolutionists can't provide an example of a beneficial gain of function mutation".

Shall I post some more examples?

Alves, M. J., M. M. Coelho and M. J. Collares-Pereira, 2001. Evolution in action through hybridisation and polyploidy in an Iberian freshwater fish: a genetic review. Genetica 111(1-3): 375-385.

Brown, C. J., K. M. Todd and R. F. Rosenzweig, 1998. Multiple duplications of yeast hexose transport genes in response to selection in a glucose-limited environment. Molecular Biology and Evolution 15(8): 931-942. http://mbe.oupjournals.org/cgi/reprint/15/8/931.pdf
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Fri 25 Aug, 2006 06:00 am
farmerman wrote:
Hey gunga its 6-4 in Kansas, Hows that affect your title?

One word:

Temporary......
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 25 Aug, 2006 06:21 am
All govt is temporary isnt it?. For now though, we arent faced with the lunacy that is ID or Creationism.
0 Replies