Liverpool FC Survey.........PLEASE HELP!!

indie

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 07:35 am
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 993 • Replies: 11
No top replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2005 01:17 pm
your thanks are alittle premature indie

but let me kick off

1. MUFC
2. yes Shankley
3. Get bought by a foreign billionaire
4. dont know. Nostalgia?
5. Passion
6. Ruination. It corrupts everything it touches.
7. Tough one. Probably lack of 6 above (Smile)
8. Management vision
9. Ruined by money and greed.
10. impossible to say. Probably not unless 3 above happens.

You're not pitching for the managers job are you? if so I want my cut.

I dont know how to explain or reverse the relative decline of Liverpool. If I did I wouldnt be wasting my time a2k
0 Replies

indie

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2005 01:26 pm
Thanks and all..... but I'm afriad the project that I was doing this on finished serveral weeks ago. Thanks again
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2005 01:31 pm
you know I just knew you were going to say that

Smile
0 Replies

Maximos1984

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2005 09:54 am
Man utd rules
Well i support Man Utd , i'm a member of the club also
the only way that liverpool to get better is to be like United Laughing
in another words they need fresh players and team game!
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2005 09:17 pm
Football/soccer went downhill when Sir Stanley Matthews retired Very Happy
0 Replies

the tid

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 08:36 am
Re: Liverpool FC Survey.........PLEASE HELP!!
indie wrote:
Thanks for helping!!Very Happy

1. Do you support a football team? Please state the team if you do.

Liverpool of course, why else would I be here from Google?

indie wrote:
2. Are you aware of the famous Liverpool team of the 1970s/1980s? If so are what do you think was the key to their success?
A Particular player (state who)
Manager (state which one)
Other (state)

Kenny Dalglish is the best player I ever saw in my life (too young for George Best) - believe me, I saw him do things even Rooney cannot. But other key players were Souness, Rush, Hansen, Emlyn Hughes, Terry McDermott, Ray Kennedy, John Barnes, too many to list.

Bill Shankly built the foundations, Bob Paisley took them on from there.

Also, because it was a tight run club, almost like a family business - behind the scenes Shankly put in training and fitness regime that is still there today.

indie wrote:
3. What do you think the current Liverpool team have to do to recreate the success of the past teams?

(Say Here)

It is going to be very difficult for several reasons:

1. Football has changed a lot in ten years or so
2. Money is everything now, it didn't used to be
3. The fans' expectations are so high, because of all their past success

They need to build on the Champions' League success, trust Benítez, but most of all, they still need a few key players. But they are on the right road already.

indie wrote:
4. You must be aware of the recent Liverpool success in Europe. Why do you think that Liverpool were so great in Europe and not in the national league?

Simple - they have a new manager who understands Europe, but doesn't (yet) understand the Premiership

indie wrote:
5. What do you think is different between the team of the 70s/80s and now?

THEN they were building on a wave of successful teams - one in the mid-1960s, then the early 70s, and finally a seamless run from the mid-70s all the way through the 80s.

NOW they are having to rebuild as if from new, but the fans' expectations are still for them to win something regularly (which they seem to be doing - just not yet the biggest prize, the Permiership). Also, they are no longer able to attract the very best players.

indie wrote:
6. Do you think that money affecting the game of football is a good thing or a bad thing? Why?

How can a player be really 'hungry' for the game when he is already a millionaire and just has to turn out each week to get his money? And there is too much money in the top clubs which stifles competition.

indie wrote:

I'm glad you put that in quotes - a treble in 2001, European Champions - a demise that most other clubs would kill for!
indie wrote:
8. What do you think made other teams become better than Liverpool?

There aren't many. Everyone knows about Moneybags Chelsea, but Man Utd were better for years because of 1. Alex Ferguson, an old-fashioned manager in the same class as Shankly, Clough, Busby etc and 2. because of his unbelievable luck in having that group of youngsters (Nevilles, Scholes, Beckham, Giggs) all coming through at the same time.

Arsenal also have an edge because Wenger is a genius - but then, so is Benítez, so watch out Premiership (it took time for Wenger to get where he wanted as well).

Who else? No-one.

indie wrote:
9. What factors do you think has changed football in the last 20 or so years?

1. Money
2. Money
3. Money

Well ok, also it's the media (Sky Sports etc)
Also the Premiership itself being Number 1 League in Europe
Also the number of good foreign players in our League

In some ways its changed for the better (less hooliganism, better grounds, attendances etc), but in others its worse (too much money, too much media exposure, too middle class)

indie wrote:
10. Personally do you think that a Liverpool team will ever be as good as the 70s/80s team? If so when?

Quite impossible to say. Remember - "what goes around comes around". Who would have thought what happened to Chelsea? But look at other teams like Spurs, and what about Wigan, eh? It's impossible to predict.

All I will say is - look at a manager like Benítez. If he can't do it, no-one can. The man is a genius, just like Wenger.
0 Replies

gbob

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 10:08 am
i support west ham
liverpool have always been a great pass and move team with great british players thats the key the their success.
0 Replies

lmur

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 10:09 am
Don' forget the Irish contribution!
0 Replies

gbob

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 10:18 am
wayne rooneys the best irish player to play in england
0 Replies

lmur

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 10:31 am
gbob wrote:
wayne rooneys the best irish player to play in england

Pity he won't play for the land of his ancestors!

If he stays fit, he'll be one of the stars of the next World Cup. And with the likes of Gerrard, Lampard & Cole, you've got a fighting chance.

I'd dump Rio though, a waste of space imo.
0 Replies

gbob

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 11:31 am
word up rio's shocking now would rather have his brother.
0 Replies