Preach the Gospel Worldwide

harpazo

Reply Tue 29 Oct, 2019 02:06 pm
@blatham,
1. Rome fell for a number of reasons: government corruption, out of control debt, spreading their Empire too thin, invasion from the northern tribes, and largest among them: Mob rule. America has already followed all of these trends (barring external invasion, unless you consider illegal immigration a form of passive-aggressive invasion). For clarification, mob rule is when an elected official or dictator attempts to control a civil population that is so diverse in culture and traditions, and so massive in scope, that there is no cohesion in stated population; thus a mob. America is doomed to repeat the fall of Rome and cast the world into a new Dark Ages. America already has succumbed to Rome's fate and the talking heads and politicians are just covering it up.

I will answer 2 later or tomorrow.
blatham

Reply Tue 29 Oct, 2019 02:27 pm
@harpazo,
Quote:
1. Rome fell for a number of reasons:
I didn't ask for a recap of popular notions of why Rome finally fell. I asked why you found that book a valuable study.

Quote:
2. The link below answers question 2
Again, I didn't request a link to someone's address to the question but rather what aspects of American exceptionalism you consider damaging to the greater project. As that thesis is apparently central to the book you recommended, the question is presumably one you've thought about.

The reason I'm pressing you here is because I have run into many recommendations that people "study the history of Rome to discover what's going wrong in America" from individuals who actually haven't studied this topic in any depth at all. They've just read some stuff, usually from right wing sources who also have done little or no such study themselves. Malkin would be an example.

Though I have read quite a bit of writing from the Classical Period in Rome (in translation as I don't read Latin) I'm certainly not a scholar in this area. But I do have some familiarity with the subject.

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Tue 29 Oct, 2019 02:29 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
Trump is cruel, prideful, lustful, vulgar, dishonest, violent and impulsive.
I don't understand how anyone who claims to be a Christian could possibly support Trump.

I AGREE
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Tue 29 Oct, 2019 02:36 pm
@harpazo,
Quote:
Trump is hated for wanting to enforce IMMIGRATION LAWS that were put in place back in Colonial America..

1. People despise Donald Trump because Donald Trump is a horrible despicable person who continues to do horrible and despicable things.

2. The list of horrible despicable things that Donald Trump has done and has continue to do is way too long to put on a list.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Tue 29 Oct, 2019 02:40 pm
@harpazo,

https://able2know.org/topic/527349-1
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Tue 29 Oct, 2019 02:59 pm
@harpazo,

https://able2know.org/topic/529755-1
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Tue 29 Oct, 2019 03:12 pm
@harpazo,
U.S.A. For Africa - We Are the World

0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 29 Oct, 2019 03:31 pm
@harpazo,
What ******* Hypocrisy!

You start a thread called "Preach the Gospel Worldwide". And in it you spread anger and hate for "illegal" immigrants and support the Roman empire.

I wonder how Jesus would have felt about the Roman empire falling.

You really shouldn't preach hate and the gospel in the same thread.

harpazo

Reply Sun 3 Nov, 2019 10:47 pm
@maxdancona,
You really should learn to read. It's not that hard, honestly. ARE YOU SO DUMB TO BELIEVE THAT JESUS HAS NO PROBLEM WITH PEOPLE BREAKING THE LAWS OF THE LAND? JESUS OK WITH ANYTHING ILLEGAL? DO YOU HONESTLY BELIEVE THAT JESUS, THE SON OF GOD, ENCOURAGES PEOPLE TO CROSS INTO ANOTHER COUNTRY WITHOUT PERMISSION? AGAIN, A READING PROBLEM..
maxdancona

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2019 11:16 am
@harpazo,
I think you are confusing Jesus with Richard Nixon. Jesus was crucified because he put compassion over following the law. Richard Nixon was all about using law and order (and repressing racial minoroties in the process).

Some points to consider.

1 The event that got Jesus into the trouble that ended up with recieving the death penalty was him breaking the law by healing a man on the Sabbath. He made it very clear that people are more important than the law.

2. Jesus himself was a political refugee when he was a child. He crossed borders to escape political violencd. Whether his family recieved the proper papers first isnt in the Bible, but it seems unlikely.

3. Jesus was not an American. He was not even a Roman. He was from backwater culture in the time when the Roman Empire ruled.

If Jesus were alive today, he wouldnt be anything like you. He wouldnt look down on migrants. He wouldnt be prideful. He wouldnt exclude people or fail to have compassion.

When Jesus says "whatever you do to the least of these the same you do to me".

harpazo

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2019 02:34 pm
@maxdancona,
1. Jesus came to earth to pay for our sins through the blood He shed on Calvary. The reason for the death of Jesus is more than simply healing a man on the Sabbath.

2. Political refugee has no connection to the life Jesus lived. He came to earth to fulfill Old Testament Messianic expectations. Jesus came to be the SACRIFICIAL LAMB OF CALVARY. In other words, God Himself the Lamb.

3. Jesus was born in Bethlehem. He was a Jew but more than that, Jesus was and is Emmanuel, which means God with us.

4. If Jesus were alive today tells me how ignorant you are concerning the Bible. Jesus is not only alive but He is well. He is currently sitting at the right hand of God waiting for the Father to say, Son go get my church, those who are saved and washed in the blood of the Lamb aka Christians.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/28/2024 at 03:00:30