Preach the Gospel Worldwide

harpazo

Reply Tue 15 Oct, 2019 01:37 am
Preach the gospel to every person does not mean to force your beliefs on someone else. Do you agree?

cherrie

Reply Tue 15 Oct, 2019 01:44 am
@harpazo,
Yes
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Tue 15 Oct, 2019 03:04 am
It would be a matter of respect for the other individual. If he/she behaves as if they'd rather you shut up about it, then shut up about it. Immediately.
0 Replies

harpazo

Reply Tue 15 Oct, 2019 08:36 am
That was easy. Thanks.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Tue 15 Oct, 2019 01:22 pm
I don't have much use for those who proselytize.
harpazo

Reply Tue 15 Oct, 2019 04:17 pm
@Sturgis,
Before His ascension to heaven, Jesus commanded His followers to go into all the world and preach the gospel to every person. In the Christian faith, reaching the lost for Jesus is a major responsibility.
glitterbag

Reply Tue 15 Oct, 2019 08:02 pm
@harpazo,
What are you hoping to achieve?
harpazo

Reply Wed 16 Oct, 2019 01:42 am
@glitterbag,
Do you agree that it is best to respect people, embrace people regardless of faith? I am commanded by Jesus to preach the good news of the gospel without forcing anyone to believe what I do. God said in His Word (the Bible) that there are consequences for rejecting Jesus as Lord and personal Savior but that is between my listeners and God. My job is to present an opportunity to receive Christ.
jespah

Reply Wed 16 Oct, 2019 05:12 am
That's not respect; that's trying to "fix" people who you perceive to be somehow wrong. The entire premise is that it's your way or the highway.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Wed 16 Oct, 2019 06:04 am
@harpazo,
Quote:
My job is to present an opportunity to receive Christ.
And thank you for that. Could you make sure to close the gate on your way out.
harpazo

Reply Wed 16 Oct, 2019 08:14 am
@blatham,
No problem. My job is done.
Linkat

Reply Wed 16 Oct, 2019 10:49 am
@harpazo,
harpazo wrote:

Preach the gospel to every person does not mean to force your beliefs on someone else. Do you agree?

Depends on how you do it.

If you get in people's faces while they are waiting for the subway screaming and yelling when all everyone wants to do is go home - and they are not in a position to get away from you - then yes you are forcing your beliefs on them.

If you on the other hand you are explaining your faith say in conversation where one can freely give and take or in some situation where someone not interested can easily walk away or remove themselves without feeling uncomfortable or feel they are forced to listen then yes I agree.
Linkat

Reply Wed 16 Oct, 2019 10:52 am
@Linkat,
Also the latter would get you a more desired result - forcing something on someone will close them up and make them feel uncomfortable and possibly defensive.

Have you heard the term you get more with honey? Kind of like that
harpazo

Reply Wed 16 Oct, 2019 01:04 pm
@Linkat,
1. I concur.

2. I do not preach the gospel in public. I mainly use facebook.

3. I do not scare people with HELL. Although it should be noted that Jesus spoke more about HELL than He did heaven. There is a reason why the Lord warned over and over again throughout His ministry about eternal separation from God.

4. People who truly care about where you spend eternity will tell you about the consequences of rejecting Jesus as Lord and Savior. Joel Osteen is not your friend. He does not care about your soul.

5. I did not write ONE SINGLE SENTENCE in Scripture. My duty is to FREELY TELL THE WORLD that there is a God who created everything and wants all to enter heaven through Jesus Christ and none other. The choice is ours to make.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Wed 16 Oct, 2019 04:14 pm
Well!!!!!! with the dire shortage of churches in America, maybe you have found a calling.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 16 Oct, 2019 07:07 pm
You all are full of crap.

1) Proselytizing is a Biblical mandate. Jesus commanded his disciples to preach to gospel. The majority of the New Testament is about people preaching the gospel. There is no way to get around this.

2) Proselytizing is a moral imperative.

- If you believe that human activity is causing catastrophic climate change, and didn't proselytize your belief, you would be irresponsible.

- If you believe that vaccinations save lives, and don't proselytize your belief, your belief is useless.

3) Proselytizing is free speech. The First Amendment guarantees your right to advocate for women's healthcare, or warn people of the dangers of vaping, or tell people that Trump is an asshole.

Warning people that they need to accept Jesus, or mediate or submit to Allah is the same thing.

This thread is full of hypocrisy. The people here are happy to proselytize their own beliefs, but want to shut out the beliefs of others.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 17 Oct, 2019 03:12 am
@glitterbag,
With religion, it's always a sellers' market. He/she should do fine.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Thu 17 Oct, 2019 12:56 pm
@harpazo,
harpazo wrote:

No problem. My job is done.

Until next Saturday morning.
harpazo

Reply Fri 18 Oct, 2019 03:01 am
@InfraBlue,
No. I preach the gospel. I tell people about Jesus and what He did on the cross for us. We do not deserve the sacrifice of Christ on the cross. If people reject this sacrifice, it is no longer my problem.
InfraBlue

Reply Fri 18 Oct, 2019 04:24 pm
@harpazo,
You don't go around knocking on people's doors on Saturday telling them about Jesus?

1. Forums
  2. » Preach the Gospel Worldwide
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 05:14:06