But will it still be a sin?

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2005 06:43 am
Ok, I will probably be shot for this but I think that people can't have kids for a reason. There are so many babies out there without homes and need a loving mom and dad. Babies that were not wanted and born to mothers who didn't want them. Someone needs to love these babies.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2005 08:18 am
neologist wrote:
What bible? My guess is you didn't look this up for yourself. You just repeated someone else's vacuous drivel.

I have no objection with those who don't believe the bible so long as they understand what they say they are rejecting.

Oh for christ's sake, Neo . . . buy a vowel . . .
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2005 08:19 am
Why is a wrist-watch a useless gift for your wife?

There's a clock on the stove . . .
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2005 08:56 am
Diane wrote:
Neologist, shewolfnm has been known to bare her wit as well as men on more than one occasion. :wink:
Then she should have used the correct passage notation, Psalm 151:10.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2005 09:08 am
Setanta wrote:
Oh for christ's sake, Neo . . . buy a vowel . . .
O? http://web4.ehost-services.com/el2ton1/tonguesmiley.gif
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2005 08:57 pm
That'll be $250 . . . cash only . . .
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2005 09:01 pm
If that's a big O than it's a sin. Serious indulgences cost lots more the $250.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2005 09:03 pm
I'm kinda a new to the simony game, Dys, i'll defer to your expertise . . .
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2005 09:44 pm
I kinda flubbed that psalm spoof. I'm sorta ashamed. Embarrassed

But you gotta realize I've seen so much misquoting and misinterpretation; well, I'm taking a mulligan, that's what. Cool
0 Replies

real life

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2005 10:43 pm
Re: But will it still be a sin?
Acquiunk wrote:

The were also supposed to be pregnant (be fertile and multiply) so isn't there a bit of conflict here?

I don't know all of the Catholic thinking on AI since I'm not Catholic.

However, the major moral problem with it is that the doctor uses the materials gathered from mom and dad to generate not one, but many live embryos.

Several get implanted and the rest get discarded. Thus in the attempt to start one child's life, you start and end many children's lives.

Medical procedures which end in the intentional death of a human being are wrong.

Of course, many disagree with this. They favor abortion on demand and euthanasia which are medically cloaked killings.

But these are still wrong, whether legal or not.

You could go to jail if you put a dog down in the manner that children are aborted or the elderly and disabled are killed. And these are humans we are talking about.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2005 10:56 pm
real life wrote:
Acquiunk wrote:

The were also supposed to be pregnant (be fertile and multiply) so isn't there a bit of conflict here?

However, the major moral problem with it is that the doctor uses the materials gathered from mom and dad to generate not one, but many live embryos.

Several get implanted and the rest get discarded. Thus in the attempt to start one child's life, you start and end many children's lives.

Medical procedures which end in the intentional death of a human being are wrong.

Of course, many disagree with this. They favor abortion on demand and euthanasia which are medically cloaked killings.

You could go to jail if you put a dog down in the manner that children are aborted or the elderly and disabled are killed. And these are humans we are talking about.
You mean a zygote is not human? A fetus? What if it is not viable?

That reminds me of a woman in Washington State a while back who left her neonate home while she went to tavern. Well, as it turned out, the neonate was not viable and proved it by choking on his blanket and terminating his existence.

You can remove a lot of responsibility with your choice of language.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 09:35 pm
neologist wrote:
real life wrote:
Acquiunk wrote:

You mean a zygote is not human? A fetus? What if it is not viable?

That reminds me of a woman in Washington State a while back who left her neonate home while she went to tavern. Well, as it turned out, the neonate was not viable and proved it by choking on his blanket and terminating his existence.

You can remove a lot of responsibility with your choice of language.

Yup sure is handy to just define it away.

Don't like someone's idea? Just define them as a non-thinking person. Then you don't have to address their idea with thought, you can simply dismiss it.

Don't like to be burdened with someone else's existence? Just define them as a non-person. Then you don't have to address their rights under the law.

But sooner or later you may be someone else's non-thinker or non-person. It's not so convenient then.

Kinda like the Monty Python flick about the Middle Ages. As the soldiers wheeled a cart thru the city crying " Bring out your dead!" , the younger man was carrying out the elder's dead body, a victim of the Black Plague.

The elder raised his head and said, "But, I'm not dead yet."

"Liar." the younger replied, klonking him on the head.
0 Replies

diagknowz

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2005 09:51 pm
real life wrote:
But sooner or later you may be someone else's non-thinker or non-person. It's not so convenient then.

Exactly, RL. I was reminded of Pastor Niemoeller's comment:

First they came for the Jews
and I did not speak out
because I was not a Jew.
Then they came for the Communists
and I did not speak out
because I was not a Communist.
Then they came for the trade unionists
and I did not speak out
because I was not a trade unionist.
Then they came for me
and there was no one left