Most Creative Time of Day?

Noddy24

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 08:05 am
Phoenix--

Thanks for the kind words. The world was with me this morning before I had my teeth brushed. I'm looking forward to getting away this morning to the dentist to have my teeth cleaned!
0 Replies

Herema

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2005 01:16 pm
"Alone in the world"?????

Moving away from the routine of normalcy in recent years, guilt followed me with a vengance about my love of solitude and quietly existing "alone in the world." Family is great, but having completed "that job" fairly successfully, I now have time to write (when I am not working to pay the bills) and I am very stingy with my time. It is mine! When the outside world intrudes upon my thoughts or time, I get to be an old grumpy hag.

Writing peaks for me around......any time of day or night depending on my freedom to ponder the ideas of daydreaming or nightdreaming.

Edgar Allen Poe said, "Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream by night."
0 Replies

Endymion

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 09:42 am
Most creative time of day?

When I'm under the influence. Shocked
0 Replies

Herema

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 03:35 pm
[size=8]oh....yeah.....shhhhhh...that, too. Especially that time.[/size]
0 Replies

Herema

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2005 07:21 pm
After much thought about this question of "most creative time of day"....

It is not really a time of day, but more a state of mind, life, or situation.

Writing is best done during the "twilight," the gray area of our lives.

If we are in the dark, we cannot see
If we are in the light, we cannot focus
Coming out of the darkness we gain new perspectives of ourselves, our lives, and situations around us. Deeper understanding is gained and we can see areas we failed to see when we were in the "depth of despair" or sadness, anger or frustration. If we wait until the moment has passed, we enter the light or light-heartedness and loose our focus and purpose for creating. That point between is a prime time to create.

Dreams at night fail to surface until the second we wake from one. We remember the gray area between sleep and waking. These are the only dreams we remember. Dreams can spark ideas for writing and best written down before drifting back into the "dark" of sleep again or fully awakened readying ourselves for another grueling day of work. Take a moment to write down early morning (or any waking) thoughts occurring between sleep and awake. The twilight zone.

This can be applied to the use of alcohol and music to relax ourselves into the muse. One or two glasses of wine induce the muse to relax and freely flow with creativity. Three tends to distort and hinder the creative muse. Thus, the twilight zone between absolute sobriety and drunkenness. Music too soft and slow can induce sleep rather than creativity while music too loud and head banging can drown out the thoughts and writing. Contemporary classic where voice is rare, but has an upbeat rhythm can feed the creativity to its max.
0 Replies

zeroh

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2005 08:07 pm
yeah around 11 pm - 3 am... then it gets kind of sloppy, because i'm half asleep but what comes out is pretty creative. but yeah when im tired, i get in the writing mood.
0 Replies

CrazyDiamond

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2005 09:36 pm
Quote:
If we are in the dark, we cannot see

Actually, sometimes in the dark we lose all the views, steriotypes, etc. that have been put upon us during our lives. This enables the purer, deeper insights to come through. I'm of the opinion that somtimes we see the best in the dark. Just a thought.
0 Replies