THUNDER BOOMERS ! ! !

farmerman

Reply Thu 27 Jun, 2013 07:13 pm
@farmerman,
Now the winds have shifted to the NW and its supposed to go down to the low 60's tonite
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sun 30 Jun, 2013 10:03 am
@farmerman,
ok..nowadays, here in paradise, we're getting daily rain, thunder or thunder/lightning and rain all together. Two days ago, one such storm passed overhead and the loudest thundwer and brightest lightning I'd ever seen. I was opening my balcony door to see what the fuss was when it hit about 0.5 mile away. It was so loud that I think my defib almost triggered due to the concussion. Most likely and the worst time for all this is between 2pm and sunset.

I ran back in the apartment and dove under my thunder-phobic dog. He just looked at me and rolled his eyes. He then went online and booked his flight up north. Unfortunately in upstate NY where we had lived, it's doing just about the same thing.

Sunny and humid now, in between sun showers and frog-stranglers.
farmerman

Reply Sun 30 Jun, 2013 11:22 am
@Ragman,
we went to a brunch and were gone till a few minutes ago. We had to hang out in the restaurant till the deluge quit. Weve been having morning storms last coupla days.

We are so watered down that the Area fire companies(*Strasburg, Quarryville, Oxford, Rising Sun) are pumping streets to get rid of ponded water
Ragman

Reply Sun 30 Jun, 2013 11:29 am
@farmerman,
Jeez. Hope it clears up soon for you guys. I hear from weather-droids that pretty much the whole east coast is in a wet pattern....some worse than others. And some like you guys and upstate NY are flooding.

Worse still is the extraordinarily scorching heat in the southwest..Vegas, AZ, etc..and parts of the west (Alaskan heat wave). Death Valley may approach their all time record (134 f). It is forecast that they are or were over 120 f.
farmerman

Reply Sun 30 Jun, 2013 11:32 am
@Ragman,
The kosher wheat producers like to have their entire whet crop in the dry so that theres no danger of fermentation (leavening).
I read an article that the crop in Texas, which is usually dry this time, is now threatened by potential leavening by spores of wild yeast.
The rabbis from Brooklyns Kosher Matzoh bakeries are in a tizzy about next years Passover Matzoh not beink "kosher enough"
All due to climate change
Ragman

Reply Sun 30 Jun, 2013 11:38 am
@farmerman,
Oy! A shondeh (shame, scandal)!

Seriously, in my life if there was a little less matzoh, it'd be fine with me. I often pass over it.

Ooops...there's the thunder..if on cue! Gawd of matzoh and all things cracker-like is sending my warning.
Region Philbis

Reply Sun 30 Jun, 2013 11:41 am
@Ragman,

take it back... Smile
Ragman

Reply Sun 30 Jun, 2013 11:44 am
@Region Philbis,
Take it where should I? To mein bubbeh's ?
ehBeth

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2013 03:44 pm
@Ragman,
huge thunder boomers rolling through right now

these summer afternoon storms are getting to be a bit too regular Evil or Very Mad

looks like a couple of litres of water got into the basement - the dehumidifier and a small stack of old towels will deal with them

I came home and the new little girl dog flew down the stairs and jumped into my arms ... apparently I'm better protection than a napping Set
farmerman

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2013 04:29 pm
@ehBeth,
flew in from Atlanta early this PM and we were kidding all around T storms on the East Coast from Augusta North
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 19 Jul, 2013 04:21 pm
Whoo-hoo ! ! ! We got a doozy! Torrential rain, high winds, lightening cracking al most overhead. We sat out on the porch for a while because it was cooler than the house at this point. Also, i wanted the little girl dog to learn that she doesn't need to be afraid of t-storms.

This is my kinda weather!
ehBeth

Reply Fri 19 Jul, 2013 05:07 pm
@Setanta,
I just want to say I did NOT wet my pants.

I just happened to sit on a pillow on the porch that had been rained on.

What a storm. It's ugly. Tornado warnings north and east of us. I hope hamburgboy checks in soon.
Rockhead

Reply Fri 19 Jul, 2013 06:17 pm
@ehBeth,
I just removed the newspapers from the seat of my truck.

left the window down the other night...

my yard looks very un-julylike at the moment.

kinda wild and foresty green.

but we still have one more month, and triple digits looming...
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 19 Jul, 2013 06:55 pm
We had a heck of a storm here in ABQ this afternoon. Left home at 2:30 and drove across the valley to the Sandias. Had the air conditioner on in the car the whole way because it was over 85 degrees.

Got out of mom's doctor appointment around 4:30 and there was about 3 inches of hail on the car and sidewalks and it was pouring rain. On the way home back across the valley in rush hour traffic, we had the heater and defroster on while navigating through flooded intersections and overflowing arroyos. The water was flowing down the streets faster than the cars were moving.

Got home and found out that lightning had struck a power pole a block or two from where we were at her doctor's office.

Meanwhile, on the west side of the ABQ valley, we have just a few puddles.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 19 Jul, 2013 06:57 pm
the sky is a freakish colour right now

apparently there was a warning for people in Intrepid's area to go to their basements about 45 minutes ago
Rockhead

Reply Fri 19 Jul, 2013 06:59 pm
@ehBeth,
green is bad...
ehBeth

Reply Fri 19 Jul, 2013 07:00 pm
@ehBeth,
this is what I see on the page of one of our local tv stations

GTA WEATHER WARNINGS
SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING IN EFFECT, City of Hamilton
SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH IN EFFECT, City of Hamilton
SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING IN EFFECT, Niagara Falls - Welland - Southern Niagara Region
SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING IN EFFECT, St. Catharines - Grimsby - Northern Niagara Region
SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH IN EFFECT, Niagara Falls - Welland - Southern Niagara Region
SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH IN EFFECT, St. Catharines - Grimsby - Northern Niagara Region
SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING IN EFFECT, Dunnville - Caledonia - Haldimand
SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH IN EFFECT, Dunnville - Caledonia - Haldimand
SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING IN EFFECT, City of Toronto
SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH IN EFFECT, City of Toronto
SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING IN EFFECT, Vaughan - Richmond Hill - Markham
SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING IN EFFECT, Pickering - Oshawa - Southern Durham Region
SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING IN EFFECT, Newmarket - Georgina - Northern York Region
SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING IN EFFECT, Uxbridge - Beaverton - Northern Durham Region
SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING IN EFFECT, Burlington - Oakville
SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING IN EFFECT, Halton Hills - Milton
SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING IN EFFECT, Mississauga - Brampton
SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING IN EFFECT, Caledon
SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING IN EFFECT, Orangeville - Grand Valley - Southern Dufferin County
SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING IN EFFECT, Shelburne - Mansfield - Northern Dufferin County
SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING IN EFFECT, Innisfil - New Tecumseth - Angus
SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH IN EFFECT, Orangeville - Grand Valley - Southern Dufferin County
SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING IN EFFECT, Cobourg - Colborne - Western Northumberland County
SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING IN EFFECT, Belleville - Quinte West - Eastern Northumberland County
SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH IN EFFECT, Cobourg - Colborne - Western Northumberland County
SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH IN EFFECT, Belleville - Quinte West - Eastern Northumberland County
SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING IN EFFECT, Barrie - Collingwood - Hillsdale
SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING IN EFFECT, Orillia - Lagoon City - Washago
SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING IN EFFECT, Midland - Coldwater - Orr Lake
SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH IN EFFECT, Barrie - Collingwood - Hillsdale
SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING IN EFFECT, Kitchener - Cambridge - Region of Waterloo
SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING IN EFFECT, Guelph - Erin - Southern Wellington County
SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING IN EFFECT, Mount Forest - Arthur - Northern Wellington County
SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH IN EFFECT, Kitchener - Cambridge - Region of Waterloo
SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING IN EFFECT, Peterborough City - Lakefield - Southern Peterborough County
SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING IN EFFECT, Lindsay - Southern Kawartha Lakes
SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING IN EFFECT, Fenelon Falls - Balsam Lake Park - Northern Kawartha Lakes
SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH IN EFFECT, Peterborough City - Lakefield - Southern Peterborough County

specific details behind the links on the page of course
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 19 Jul, 2013 07:04 pm
@Rockhead,
try green against sunset

freakish
Rockhead

Reply Fri 19 Jul, 2013 07:06 pm
@ehBeth,
we get some really gnarly skies here.

I try to photograph them when I can...

be safe.
0 Replies

hamburgboy

Reply Fri 19 Jul, 2013 08:48 pm
@ehBeth,
eastern Ontario : thunderboomers /lots of rain !

it seems to have moved to the east and south now .