THUNDER BOOMERS ! ! !

Setanta

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2011 02:49 pm
Now Environment Canada is saying that it's unlikely that we'll get a storm--but a "cold" front will move int.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2011 04:05 pm
Just enough thunder to get the dogs up before dawn, not enough rain to knock the dust down.

Boo.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2011 03:53 am
Well, we've got a thunderboomer moving in . . . what effect it will have, i cannot yet say . . .
sozobe

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2011 06:53 am
@Setanta,
Is it there yet?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2011 06:55 am
Oh yeah, it started raining just about the time i posted that, and has been at least drizzling off and on since then. Things have cooled off considerably, but i don't know what will happen if the sun comes out. Then it will be sauna time, i suspect. It was thunderboomy enough that the little girl dog ran and hid.
sozobe

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2011 06:59 am
@Setanta,
Sorry about the scared little girl dog but otherwise, congrats!

Yeah, ours was well-timed -- hit at about 6 PM, temperature plunged, it stuck around drizzling until sundown, and then the sun was, ya know, down, and it's been cool straight through. Just starting to warm up and get sauna-y now.

Holy crap, it was 73 when I checked about 10 minutes ago, already 77. I was planning to do some yardwork before it got hot, better skedaddle.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2011 07:04 am
@Setanta,
it was the rolling thunder review for sure
temps have dropped 5 degrees celsius since midnight
they're supposed to up 8 or 10 over the next 5 or 6 hours
the barometric pressure is zooming up and down
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2011 10:32 am
WOW ! ! !

We had a severe thundestorm warning last night, and a tornado watch. Beginning about 7:00 p.m., you could hear the thunder like continuous artillery fire in the distance. Then between nine and ten, the center of the storm reached us. It was almost continuous thunder--Environment Canada says that at the height ot the storm, there were 500 lightening stikes per minute in Toronto. Heavy rain, high winds--there were house fires, trees knocked down or uprooted, flash flooding in low lying areas, cats and dogs living together, Torries and Liberals eulogizing the fallen NDP leader . . . it was like the end of days ! ! !
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2012 03:31 pm

hellaceous t-storm just went overhead.
we're talkin' window-rattlin' thunder.
looks like there's another 'un a-headin' this way...
Ragman

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2012 03:32 pm
@Region Philbis,
Looking up. Daily occurence here. Cloudy, heavy sky..and wind kicking up. Dog acting skittish.
roger

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2012 03:41 pm
@Ragman,
Border Collies are always a little "high strung".

Just kidding. You know yours better than anyone else.
Setanta

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2012 03:53 pm
We've been getting rain most evenings, but none of promises of thunder boomers have panned out.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2012 03:55 pm
@roger,
It is true they can be 'demanding' due to their nature as a 'working' dog who requires a physical and mental challenge. Mine is not that demanding, but he needs a challenge so we play chess. I've known 5 Border Collies well (at same time), 2 are loud noise sensitive. They all have winning (not whining) personalities. I'll take them any day vs any poodle who is high-strung, though.
EqualityFLSTPete

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2012 03:56 pm
@Ragman,
We’re getting hit hard here in St. Pete, raining, thunder and lightening. My dog hates the thunder.
roger

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2012 03:56 pm
@Ragman,
Pfffft.

My cat is a game programmer.
Ragman

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2012 03:58 pm
@EqualityFLSTPete,
The rumbles just started here along with some light rain and darker skies. Brady Dog is looking for cuddling now.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2012 04:03 pm
@roger,
Hhahah! But what has he invented?
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2012 04:10 pm
@EqualityFLSTPete,
OK...it's pouring now and lightning vivid now.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2012 04:29 pm
@roger,
My dog is a therapist. . .
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2012 04:31 pm
Our dogs are successful sybarites. They live like monarchs, and they don't have to lift a paw.