THUNDER BOOMERS ! ! !

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2011 04:41 pm
@jcboy,
With the sky looking so gloomy, I'm truly looking forward to a raucous thunderstorm tonight. Very Happy
jcboy

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2011 04:44 pm
@tsarstepan,
They keep saying we will have one by the weekend, probably during Pride, this Saturday is St. Pete Pride, the largest in the state of florida, probably rain in all the drag queens and just watch the make-up run lol. Smile
sozobe

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2011 07:39 pm
@jcboy,
Columbus had Pride last weekend and these huge storms came roaring up and then broke up and bypassed the city. Obviously God approves of Pride. Smile
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2011 09:42 am
haha, we have another booming thunder storm here in Clearwater today! Wink
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2011 07:37 pm
@Setanta,
Here you go, getting hit hard tonight here in St. Pete.

http://s953.photobucket.com/albums/ae16/Marne444/?action=view&current=MOV01808.mp4
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 3 Jul, 2011 07:07 pm
Vicious storms tonight coming over the ridge. Lots of lightning and thunder and periods of heavy rain.
Ragman

Reply Sun 3 Jul, 2011 08:14 pm
@realjohnboy,
I had to scrape my thunder-phobic pooch off the ceiling around 5pm today. One of the boomers was an ear-splitter. Made me smile! We had a nice 30-45 minute t-storm here in Sarasota, FL. We could use a few more to get caught up on a mini-drought.
patiodog

Reply Sun 3 Jul, 2011 09:45 pm
@Ragman,
No boomers here in days. Grounds getting hard, air's full of dust.

We need a good drenching.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2011 07:05 am
Kaboom!!!

CRASH!!!!

A severe thunder storm just took down two large ash trees in my front yard! They didn't hit the house, thank goodness. It's been a hell of a summer for storms here. The last one took down over a dozen large trees in my neighborhood. We escaped that one. I guess it was our turn <sigh>...
Setanta

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2011 07:11 am
I believe we will be entertaining that storm front later in the day. You were just trying to cheer me up, huh?
JPB

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2011 07:17 am
@Setanta,
Yeah. I really love thunderstorms but the aftermath is a mess!

We haven't lost power yet. That's a good thing. I've got buckets filled for flushing should the need arise. The trees fell away from the car that was parked in front. That's another good thing. The best thing is that they didn't fall toward the house.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2011 07:26 am
Will the city come to clear them away?
JPB

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2011 07:31 am
@Setanta,
No. My neighbor spent about $6000 last week having her yard cleared. Another one took a week off from work and worked non-stop doing it himself. The neighbor beside me still has a trunk through his roof and his side yard looks like a scene from a movie. I can only imagine the mold problem he's going to have.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2011 07:32 am
@JPB,
Oh no!

Hate it when the trees go down. Large ones too! Yikes.

Glad about the safety of car, house, and power lines, though.
JPB

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2011 08:16 am
@sozobe,
Thanks, soz. Yeah, we're fine.

I hear chain saws so I know we're not the only ones who lost tree(s). Chain saws are becoming required tools here in the 'hood. It's been a crazy, crazy summer.
sozobe

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2011 08:57 am
@JPB,
We've had a sunny/ hot/ dry stretch recently, after a long boomy stretch. Looks like your storm might be grazing us later today.
thack45

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2011 10:33 am
@sozobe,
Looks promising. And I hope so. Mrs. 45 and I enjoy a good storm going by whilst on the porch, especially when the heavy rain's just a bit north of us. And I'd love to feel that temperature drop as well.
Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2011 10:47 am
@jcboy,
I live about an hour from where you work. We had one rather rainy day last week, little thunder, and nothing since.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2011 11:46 am
@Setanta,
Just got back from Florida last week. We were on Siesta Key...beautiful thunderstorms in the afternoons. One night I went to sleep watching the lightening play over the water - breathtaking.

Next morning I got up to go stake our place on the beach and there was still a couple of little clouds off the coast glowing with cloud to cloud lightening...the sun rising in the east caused the cloud to look pinkish orange and the glowing from the lightening plus the reflection from the water was one of those moments that made my heart beat faster and made me appreciate what a beautiful world we have.

amazing stuff.
thack45

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2011 12:06 pm
@thack45,
Oh yes. It's gettin' dark and windy now!