problems with accessing a specific site on the internet

Carlo

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2005 11:45 pm
I will highly appreciate if someone can explain to me this weird experience I am having with my laptop. Everytime I try to access the amazon.com the computer tells me "The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings." This is so weird because I can access the amazon.com from my Desktop. This is the ONLY website that I cannot access from my laptop, everything else is perfect. Any ideas??? Thank you!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 596 • Replies: 3
No top replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2005 01:00 am
Is it a mac or pc? Many people are having problems with the mac, including myself. I often get booted from websites.
0 Replies

Derevon

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2005 07:35 am
Re: problems with accessing a specific site on the internet
Carlo wrote:
I will highly appreciate if someone can explain to me this weird experience I am having with my laptop. Everytime I try to access the amazon.com the computer tells me "The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings." This is so weird because I can access the amazon.com from my Desktop. This is the ONLY website that I cannot access from my laptop, everything else is perfect. Any ideas??? Thank you!

It's hard to say. Have you tried using different web browsers to see if it works? If it does work, it's certainly a browser issue. If not, it's a network issue, and might be a result of, for example, erroneously configured proxy settings.
0 Replies

Carlo

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2005 07:37 pm
Thank you guys. I am pretty sure it is browser issue. It must have some kind of "bug" that does not allow for this specific website to be displayed. What amazes me is that it does that explicitly on the amazon.com and related to amazon sites (toys r us etc.) I don't think is worth reloading the Explorer just to be able to access amazon.com, since I can do it from my desktop. Both of my computers are PC with Win XP Pro.
Thanks again!
0 Replies