Ancient Life

Leadfoot

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2020 06:20 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
I get sick of passive aggressiveness in a very short time.

And here I thought you liked Samuel.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2020 07:24 pm
@Leadfoot,
dear dipshit. JUDGE JONES arrived at HIS decision as a result of testimony from EXPERT SCIENTISTS who attempted to make plausible and understandable cases affirmative and negative. You really arent that dumb to believe that the Judge made up all the testimony regarding evolution? wait, maybe you are). You get all defensive when you tart losing ground then you get bristly then you begin whining. Take a single stand and make it.
Youve NEVER explained any evidence for ID .Though you alway say that youre interested in it as a scientific argument- while-Im the only one whose been loading you down with information , evidence, book names and chapters etc etc. and all you post are some mind numbing non-sequiturs and phony statments that surround your religious beliefs .HELL, you even quote religious websites like the DI, and try to deny that you are.Please dont try to make believe that I dont understand your silly tricks. (You recently quoted Demski and denied his argument was based on a Theistic point.IT WAS and I quoted you the same passage that was published in a book called "INTELLIGENT THOUGHT" (Maybe 2 years ago.

If you say that youre a "science guy" (< Ive shown you a lot where you caould have made a better argument using real science but you blew me off) . Do you deny or e ven remember my request that you follow up on convergent evolution or Lynn Margulis?)

I spoke to you about Dr Margulis many many months before you even read anything about Dr Woese. So you acted like you discovered endosymbiosis (HGT, as Woese called it). here do you think he got his stuff? . I let you pass on a number of things including the discussions of where the evidence for endosymbiotic transfer in the incorporation of mitochondria or chloroplasts occur?? REMEMBER?? no I dont think you do.
When you started your asshat comment about Jasinskis find of what you thought were what science would call "ancestral birds", that kinda got me pissed at what a simple-minded douche bag you really are.
SO< thinking scientifically, wheres your argument based on evidence about ID. 'Things are too complicated so I must believe in ID" seems to be all Ive gotten. Then youve tried to make up these really dumb Fallacy-fallacies (its a formal fallacy, look it up) to impose an argument you think is based upon science(but it aint). The only thing youve got is that single syllogism you cling to. Maybe It aint a syllogism but Im no English major and I dont "play one" on A2K
Leadfoot

Reply Mon 30 Mar, 2020 03:05 am
@farmerman,
So you do remember!

We’ve both had our say. I won’t trouble you or Ed with my 'passive aggression' further.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2020 10:34 pm
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 12 Apr, 2020 07:29 am
An ancient bit of yarn suggests Neanderthals were super crafty
https://www.popsci.com/story/science/neanderthal-yarn/
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 12 Apr, 2020 07:44 am
Wow . . . that's seriously cool. You know, the earliest finds of scored iron pyrite nodules was in a Mousterian site. You can read about it by clicking here. Using flint and iron pyrite to make fire, and now weaving. What's next, quiche?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 12 Apr, 2020 08:17 am
Since the people were breeding with each other, I suspect they all had essentially the same technology.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 8 May, 2020 11:01 pm
farmerman

Reply Sat 9 May, 2020 04:41 am
@edgarblythe,
the area of the megachad ancient lake could be a newer source of lithium evaporation deposits like the similar ones in south america.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 13 May, 2020 12:47 pm
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2020 01:53 pm
Not about life, but it do makes this speck of life to ponder
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 15 Jun, 2020 09:31 am
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2020 01:41 pm
Extreme weather events of 535–536
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extreme_weather_events_of_535%E2%80%93536
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to navigationJump to search
The extreme weather events of 535–536 were the most severe and protracted short-term episodes of cooling in the Northern Hemisphere in the last 2,000 years.[1] The event is thought to have been caused by an extensive atmospheric dust veil, possibly resulting from a large volcanic eruption in the tropics.[2] Its effects were widespread, causing unseasonable weather, crop failures, and famines worldwide.[3]
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 10 Jul, 2020 07:29 pm
Paleontologist Gerhard Gierlinski, from Warsaw, Poland, was just trying to get away from it all in the summer of 2002 and enjoy the warm seas and soft sands on the Greek island of Crete with his girlfriend. A researcher at the Polish Geological Institute, he was always ready to take samples of interesting things he spied on vacations, and he traveled with a hammer, a camera and a GPS for just such occasions.

What he discovered along the Mediterranean shores of the town of Trachilos would rock his world and send some researchers who were convinced that humans evolved solely in Africa, into angry denial, and resulted in many of them casting aspersions on his jaw-dropping find.

Gierlinski asked colleagues from Poland, Sweden, Greece, the US and the UK, among them Dr. Per Ahlberg, for their opinions on what he saw as human-like footprints that had somehow been made into a flat rock along the shore.

The team of experts came to the conclusion that indeed, the impressions had been made by ancient human ancestors 5.6 million years ago, making them by far the oldest footprints ever discovered in Europe.

See the full article here:
https://greece.greekreporter.com/2020/07/10/hominid-footprints-on-crete-could-change-evolutionary-theory-for-good/
Leadfoot

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2020 04:55 am
Why toss out a perfectly good theory? It could'a been ancient astronauts.
I’m just say'n.
farmerman

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2020 05:33 am
@Leadfoot,
on a holiday at the beach. Were there any impressions made where they stuck their beach umbrellas??
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2020 05:48 am
@edgarblythe,
It was about a time jut when the Meditteranean was a desert. The "out of Africa" hypothesis doesnt go away when geology supports that dry lland or , whatappears to be dune lands, may actually be outwash plains like a small continental shelf that brought sands from the North and extended the dry lnd from the African N coast at the Levantine Plain (now the Med Basin).

Some grad student will spend 4 years studying this and the work of Ryan and Pittman and find out that pre hominin "man" existed farther out than he was given credit for.

I always wondered what happened to GIGANTOPITHECUS. Theres a lot of hominids out there in N AFrica and S Asia that we need answers . I suspect that a lot of answers are under water that quickly rose and covered up old stream channels and deltas.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2020 08:21 am
@farmerman,
I doubt that they will ever get all of the pieces but I certainly appreciate their efforts. I wanted at one point in my life to chase fossils, but lacked in so many departments it became not feasible to contemplate.
farmerman

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2020 08:48 am
@edgarblythe,
lotsa guys, who are mostly hobbyists are making decent livings and travel expenses from hunting fossils. The biggest targets are TRILOBITES, not dinosaurs. While dinosaurs make a big score. You may only find one or two in your lifetime that are not on private or BLM land.
Trilobites are best found in Paleozoic sed rox and you can find hundreds in a weeks hunt. (They can sell for a few thousand EACH for really good specimens , carefully picked and cleaned so that no parts are busted
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2020 09:23 am
@farmerman,
I hadn't considered how to make money. I had only considered my lack of background. Now I am too old to get out there. When I mowed the back yard yesterday I was ready for a nap afterward.

1. Forums
  2. » Ancient Life
  3. » Page 7
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 11:24:08