Ancient Life

Leadfoot

Reply Sat 28 Mar, 2020 06:42 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Ive always wondered and you successfully keep ducking, On what basis do you deny evolution?? I dont mean theistic ID driven, youll NEVER come up with any evidence with that one.

Me, Ducking?
You are the one who keeps dragging the conversation back to 'theistic' subjects. I’ve done nothing but try to separate ID from all forms of religious belief.

I have clearly and openly challenged you to scientific debate on both abiogenesis and evolution but you seem to prefer theology. I like theology too, but that’s a different subject.

You seem to like 'scientific' predictions.

ID prediction: Evidence of life on Mars or anywhere else in the solar system will not be found.
farmerman

Reply Sat 28 Mar, 2020 07:20 am
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
ID prediction: Evidence of life on Mars or anywhere else in the solar system will not be found.
Where you an I differ, predictions are only made in science based on something we know, that is, we predict upon available evidence.

You predict based on belief.

I dont know whether we will find life on Mars or vidence of xisting or past life in the solar system.
I have no idea whats out past the "gate".

Only evidence I HAVE at this point is
1.There are more and more earth like planets being discovered at the +5 light year distance. (and maybe even one or two below that. Several of these emit spectra indicating water

2.Several star clusters emit spectra of L amino acids and L proteins including several other key organic-amine compnds associate with .
life

3. The Murchison meteorite contains several amino acids associated with life.

Whats the basis of your conclusion that NO LIFE will be found (if not a theological belief basis, cause youve got NOTHING scientific either for or against).

"ABIOGENESIS" is a meaningless term. Its like the difference between a Sicilian Pizza and a Sicilian tomato pie. Your arguing for a "guy n the sky" story of creation is what youre talking about.

I see that the earth was populated with life in the post "Heavy Bombardment" or Hadean tims. evidence suggests that life tried to start up DURING heavy bombardment. Evidence from Greenland and Australia contain chemical fossils of life that was begun and then snuffed out . Thats evidence , thats real. What have you got??

Why am I obligated to argue lifes origins when all the argument is doing is me trying to teach you and you merely posting your latest Wikipedia search. All you need to do is come up with a couple pieces of good hard evidence to convince someone to at least stop and think about your worldview.

Youre nowhere near having such evidence, but I guess you know that.

As far as Evolution. Ive patiently listened to your criticism of stuff like the fossil record of whales. I humbly state that your arguments are without thought or information. You dont give a **** about understanding> Ive repeated the sequences of what the whale fossil record suggests and youve continuously just poo pooed it (without displaying ANY knowledge)

So whats in it or me to support your theological Bullshit?. (Even for your major anti-evolution arguments I can go and Visit the Discovery Institutes website and find your argumenst almost verbatim. You claimed at your first forays here , that you never herd of DI yet youve quoted staffers of the DI. youre either lying your ay through or your memory is really poor (pick one)

Stay Safe , I do learn something about BMW's from you.

Leadfoot

Reply Sat 28 Mar, 2020 10:08 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
I dont mean theistic ID driven, youll NEVER come up with any evidence with that one.

Is this prediction based on faith or science?

But yeah, you are right in either case. But then again, I’m not advocating theistic ID.
This is only a guess, not a prediction; I doubt I will ever convince you of that.
farmerman

Reply Sat 28 Mar, 2020 10:20 am
@Leadfoot,
you are certainly right on that one .
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Sat 28 Mar, 2020 01:30 pm
@Leadfoot,
So then, ID driven by what, exactly?
Leadfoot

Reply Sat 28 Mar, 2020 05:49 pm
@InfraBlue,
Quote:
So then, ID driven by what, exactly?

My unique SuperPower of design discernment of course.

Seriously , why don’t you guys learn some actual cellular biology so we could actually talk about it. Once you are fully familiar with the mitochondria then we can go on to more complex stuff. If you think you are ready now, go ahead with a plausible natural origin for just this most basic part of a single cell.

My position is that there is nothing in physics or statistics that could account for its accidental existence.

YouTube has some excellent introductory stuff on the mitochondria.
farmerman

Reply Sat 28 Mar, 2020 06:46 pm
@Leadfoot,

Pretty confident of yourself . Did you read Lynn Margulis works.?

Ha you, I know you wouldnt be making dumass obsrvations about Mitochondria when thir wvolution had been known for many yars

Or when you made a comment about the raptors of the late Cretaceous that you tried to ridicule as thinking that scientists were gonna claim it to be a common ancestor of birds (Especially since birds had evolved into 4 separate classes during the preceding 95 (or so) million years before biostratigraphic age that Jasinski reported in his recent paper and which Edgar Blythe posted .
We all understood the concept that late mesozoic Theropods arent ancestors of an existing clade.

Stick with your puter at least you understand that(I suppose, but following Limbaugh;s advice, we shouldnt be following experts in medical fields

0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 28 Mar, 2020 06:49 pm
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
My unique SuperPower of design discernment of course
Why should anybody even closwly familiar with the subject under view when you either

1have no idea of what you are saying
OR
2 You treat your correspondents with off handed shithead remarks.

SO You are either STUPID---or a WISEASS

choose 1

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 28 Mar, 2020 06:51 pm
@farmerman,
I admire your patience. I get sick of passive aggressiveness in a very short time.
farmerman

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2020 07:52 am
@edgarblythe,
you had that same view eh?

0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2020 11:06 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
SO You are either STUPID---or a WISEASS

choose 1

You can choose both, and throw in humorless bore.
InfraBlue

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2020 11:41 am
@Leadfoot,
You circumvented the question.
farmerman

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2020 11:43 am
@Leadfoot,
No, Im letting you decide what youre problem is, not I. I may be a bore but thats cause you have no idea about real research in this entire area.Admittedly Im no expert in the field of genomics but Im waay ahead of you.

Youre kinda like Trump, he believes he knows waay more than he does. Hes dangerously stupid. At least youre not dangerous.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2020 11:56 am
@InfraBlue,
I don’t see how you can legitimately claim that. I previously answered you including the following statement.

“My position is that there is nothing in physics or statistics that could account for its (mitochondria) accidental existence. “

That, along with the subject at hand (Intelligent Design of [ancient] life) ought to make it clear. But I’ll spell it out.

The existence of what we call biological life had to be driven by an intelligent actor. However, Studying the design does not identify the actor.
farmerman

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2020 01:34 pm
@Leadfoot,
Quote:

The existence of what we call biological life had to be driven by an intelligent actor
Another footie fart.
Hes never ever answered my question about why he feels that the mitochondrion evidences a designing Intelligence?? Hes made a big conclusion without any evidence again. The human mind really wants to understand, not to just respond as a sheep.

InfraBlue

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2020 01:40 pm
@Leadfoot,
An intelligent actor who, however, isn't God.
Leadfoot

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2020 05:29 pm
@InfraBlue,
Thats one you have eliminated. That must mean you have your own idea. Go ahead.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2020 05:36 pm
@farmerman,
Answered that one several times. Didnt think you were actually listening, so no surprise to hear you deny it.

Actually, no surprise even if you were.
farmerman

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2020 05:41 pm
@Leadfoot,
yeh sure, be evasive AND P/A.
Leadfoot

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2020 06:02 pm
@farmerman,
Yer just too much fun farmer. You may not remember my answer, but I do remember your lame rebuttal. Maybe this will jog your memory. Pretty sure this is verbatim:

“That argument from complexity was debunked years ago.”

I could not get any further scientific explanation from you beyond that. You did come back with Judge Jones III's opinion, which is pretty funny. I mean, Getting your scientific verification from a lawyer? And expecting me to buy it? You really do think I’m easy.

1. Forums
  2. » Ancient Life
  3. » Page 6
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 12:34:18