Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Noddy24

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 02:57 pm
Insightful? Nay, jaded and practical.
0 Replies

Bakku

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 10:52 pm
Jussstttt read the last two books, and I must say, even though I wasn't that big fan (unlike the creepy caped kids you see) of the series, I am fully pumped up and waiting to get the next book. That Rowling...I swear....
0 Replies

bsingh5

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2005 01:48 pm
Bakku wrote:
Jussstttt read the last two books, and I must say, even though I wasn't that big fan (unlike the creepy caped kids you see) of the series, I am fully pumped up and waiting to get the next book. That Rowling...I swear....

Kay will do when i get one but Noddy 24 you are too kind to yourself Laughing
0 Replies

dora17

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 09:40 pm
dragon49 wrote:
as far as ron and hermione, i hope they get together. but who will harry end up with?

It's gotta be Ginny, don't ya think? Not that Harry's showed any interest in her yet, but I still think that's what Rowling's setting up...
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 07:28 am
hasn't he had a crush on Cho? Cedric's ex-girl because he was killed by Voldemort. I thought that was who he was thinking of, but I find it hard to believe it will be her in the long run. I would have thought Ginny too, but she is now with another Gryffindor. I don't know...
0 Replies

dora17

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 11:29 pm
He's gotten over the Cho thing though, hasn't he? I thought they finally had some kind of date and he discovered she was a lot different than he thought she was... I seem to recall her acting really annoying, kind of melodramatic or something. Sound familiar, or am I confused?
0 Replies

bsingh5

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 09:07 am
dragon49--

yes hes gotten over the "cho thing" but the interesting thing is that ron is pushing ginny more than anything else...and ginny was interested in him in the first three books but then other interests came up and....well poor harry is alone but i think they are going to end up with eachother eventhough ginny is two years younger than him.

dora17--
she was more furious than annoyed because harry didn't want to talk about cedric's death and she did because she was "in love" with him and.....
0 Replies

dora17

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2005 12:55 am
thanks bsingh, I remember it better now! Smile
0 Replies

bsingh5

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2005 08:57 am
dora17--
my pleasure i jsut love re-reading the books because most of the times i pick up things that i missed in the first reading
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2005 01:14 pm
Saturday approaches.
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2005 01:22 pm
three days...

i had forgotten he got over Cho. I do remember her being very upset he wouldn't talk about Cedric. Hmmm, I have no idea.

The only rather strong feeling I have is that he will be the defense against the dark arts teacher when all is said and done. At least that is what I read into the last book with them practicing at his instruction in the room that appeared.
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2005 02:37 pm
and here is an article i found today on the continuing pottermaniaHarry Potter Article

excited the goblet of fire is coming out in november though!
0 Replies

bsingh5

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 12:24 pm
lol i would not doubt most potter fans are!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 03:41 pm
According to my postmaster--of a medium sized post office--the Harry Potter books will arrive this evening by special USPS truck and be sub-sorted for delivery by the twenty or so smaller post offices in his area.

He sounded quite pleased for the chance to show that Uncle Sam could compete with UPS for efficiency and security.

I have a short list of disagreeable chores that I MUST accomplish tomorrow before opening the lastest Harry Potter.

Sticks and carrots, sticks and carrots.
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2005 08:09 pm
I bought the book, and the 2006 calendar. kewl calendar! I received as a gift a green plastic bracelet (I would have liked a red one) which I'm wearing of course.

Did other people in other states get the same bracelet, and the same color?

I may start reading the book tomorrow.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2005 08:37 pm
The postal person delivered my book from Amazon--no calendar, no bracelet.

The book is a very enjoyable 5 hour read. I recommend it.
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2005 08:41 pm
Barnes and Noble gave out the bracelets to everybody, and gave people with children a poster.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2005 07:03 am
Alas. Real Live has perks that the internet doesn't offer.

Enjoy your Good Read today.
0 Replies

princesspupule

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2005 05:25 pm
So are we discussing plot yet? B/c I think I know who R.A.B. is... And Ineed to vent about Harry's decision at the end of the book, although I understand he has 4 horcruxes to seek and destroy...
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 01:37 am
This link has several articles on the HP books.

http://www.comcast.net/entertainment/index.jsp?cat=ENTERTAINMENT&fn=/2005/07/18/180789.html
0 Replies