Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Noddy24

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 01:58 pm
bsingh--

Amazon usually times pre-order deliveries for the day of publication. On Tuesday, October 11, a big brown truck will come up my driveway with 1000 pages of escape reading.
0 Replies

bsingh5

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2005 10:33 am
Noddy24--

well good for you it's just too bad that i will have to wait for mines in the public library
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2005 02:25 pm
Age has its advantages, bsingh. Have you put in your reserve yet?
0 Replies

Bakku

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2005 02:16 pm
Heard more characters are going to keep dying. Still, I like the books and will read this one.
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Sat 25 Jun, 2005 03:38 pm
Quote:
Heard more characters are going to keep dying. Still, I like the books and will read this one.

Yeah, I wonder what will happen to Harry at the end though. There are rumours... But I won't get into them.
0 Replies

bsingh5

Reply Sat 25 Jun, 2005 08:33 pm
Ray wrote:
Quote:

Yeah, I wonder what will happen to Harry at the end though. There are rumours... But I won't get into them.
Noddy24--

hehe yep Laughing

Ray--
...however i wouldn't mind hearing the rumours after all that is just what they are is that not right? :wink:
0 Replies

Bakku

Reply Sat 25 Jun, 2005 10:29 pm
Don't believe the rumours because no one knows what's going to happen, except the author and her children. But...
I can bet you two coins that Dumbledore is going to die. Maaybbee Snape. Voldemort, of course. Which means Harry probably isn't, because of that whole thing with the fifth book (don't remember it very well, though).
I believe some people predict that Ron will die. Pretty sure Hermione isn't, because I've never read of young girl characters dying in fantasy-for-all-ages kind of books.

Hope that makes you Very Happy bsingh5.
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Sat 25 Jun, 2005 10:38 pm
Yeah, that whole thing about the fifth books, people talking about Harry dying because Voldemort would ultimately die. Well, hopefully there's a twist in the story.

BTW, there are still people that thinks that Harry and Hermione will end up together. Laughing
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Sun 26 Jun, 2005 01:03 am
I'm a 100% fan of the Harry Potter books. I collect everything Harry Potter. In my old pc, I have a few hundred Harry Potter avs I made from his movies. Can't wait for the next book to come out in July!

I did not like the last movie (The Prisoner of Azkaban) too much. In the movies the coloring of the film seemed different, and some of the kids acting seemed forced (their heart was not in it). I don't remember there being a hunchback in the book. I will have to read it again. The hunchback theme is from old horror movies, and it bothered me to see it in the movie if it did not belong there. I did not like some of the changes made by Alfonso CuarĂ³n.

When I bought the movie, and watched it at home the coloring was ok.
0 Replies

Crazed Kalas

Reply Sun 26 Jun, 2005 04:49 am
Im a huge Harry Potter fan. Jk Rowlings a magnificent writer, espicaly since she captivated readers of all ages.

I cant wait till the next installment. Ill be outside my local bookshop at 12 midnight just as not to waste any reading time Razz

The movies were an even bigger undertaking by directors. With what they could do, I think they sorta live up to the book standard in quaility.
0 Replies

bsingh5

Reply Sun 26 Jun, 2005 07:28 pm
Crazed_Kalas wrote:
Im a huge Harry Potter fan. Jk Rowlings a magnificent writer, espicaly since she captivated readers of all ages.

I cant wait till the next installment. Ill be outside my local bookshop at 12 midnight just as not to waste any reading time Razz

The movies were an even bigger undertaking by directors. With what they could do, I think they sorta live up to the book standard in quaility.
hehe so will most of us but i think that the longer you wait the better the book Cool so go fig....but i do dislike it when they shorten or have to change the movie in any way because of time limit.....i think that harry has no chance in this lifetime with hermione but ron should wake up and smell the coffee....it was funny in the fourth book at the yule ball when they had to pick partners but ron and harry waited till the last day to ask for dates and hermione told ron something like ...."you should have noticed me before when i was my self rather than when i got myself dolled up" or something like that Razz
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2005 12:17 am
We're certainly getting a lot of hints of Ron's feelings toward Hermione aren't we?

He was jealous at the Yule ball, and in the fifth book Hermione kissed him on the cheek before the Quidditch match, and I was sure that Ron would've exploded with joy if Harry wasn't there beside him. Laughing
0 Replies

bsingh5

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2005 08:51 am
Ray wrote:
We're certainly getting a lot of hints of Ron's feelings toward Hermione aren't we?

He was jealous at the Yule ball, and in the fifth book Hermione kissed him on the cheek before the Quidditch match, and I was sure that Ron would've exploded with joy if Harry wasn't there beside him. Laughing

Laughing Rolling Eyes go fig (i forgot about that) and then it was like afterwards or something he was re-living the experience (or was that when he won the match?) Question
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2005 01:19 pm
i am leaning towards harry becoming the permanent defense against the dark arts teacher (the world famou one who killed voldemort) or something. its the teacher who keeps changing every year and in book 5 he taught it in that classroom to some students.

as far as ron and hermione, i hope they get together. but who will harry end up with?

author said someone else dies in this book. any speculation?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2005 02:55 pm
Really, people--in a conflict between Good and Evil there are bound to be casualties.
0 Replies

bsingh5

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 10:26 am
Noddy24 wrote:
Really, people--in a conflict between Good and Evil there are bound to be casualties.
yes but not to such an extensive effect!!!! Exclamation Sad
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 10:49 am
Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Noddy24 wrote:
yes but not to such an extensive effect!!!!

I think we've arrived at a Generation Gap.

One of the characteristics of Evil is great enthusiasm.
0 Replies

bsingh5

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2005 10:43 am
Noddy24 wrote:
Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Noddy24 wrote:
yes but not to such an extensive effect!!!!

I think we've arrived at a Generation Gap.

One of the characteristics of Evil is great enthusiasm.
ahhhhhh......generatoin gap yes......overtake of evil NOOOOO!!!!! Laughing
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2005 02:16 pm
The nature of Evil requires playing for real--which means death.
0 Replies

bsingh5

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 02:00 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
The nature of Evil requires playing for real--which means death.
Noddy24

ah ever the insitefull one
0 Replies