Charmed

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2005 03:42 pm
extra,
if you write from you heart or give the "watered down" version, everyone who reads your post, will still have
a completely different understanding.
I will interpret it from my angle, spendius
from his perspective, and someone else from his/her
point of view, and none of us will read the same into it
as you had intended to.
0 Replies

Sanctuary

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2005 03:55 pm
As cliche as it sounds, I feel charmed everyday.

Perhaps it takes a few hours of romping around in anger or pity to get to that feeling, but at some point in each day, I can say without reservation that I am happy. As long as I can do that, then I consider my life charmed.

That's not to say that I don't have problems or worries. I do...however I am somehow able to step aside from them and justify the positives in my life, no matter how bad my mood or how low my morale. I consider that ability charmed. I don't know where inside of me it comes from, perhaps the little Buddha statue in the back of my head rining a gong anytime I become to obessed with the negatives and saying, "Crystal! Silly girl, you know that this is all temporary. Everything is temporary. You? You don't even exist. Those things you worry about, they are fine. It's your attatchment that is getting you down. Oneness, selflessness, compassion." I repeat that to myself and it all seems to fade away. I have to face problems, but never is it the end of the good things. My house could burn and my material objects be destroyed, but I could look behind me and see a bird happily chirping as he hops along. And that's the kind of happiness that keeps me going, that keeps me believing that my life is continually charmed.

No matter what problems may arise, I will eventually move on from them and this allows me to rest in peace at night. Being as I don't consider wealth or material things worth happiness, and knowing that I will forever have the abiltiy to see the good in life, I don't see how much more 'charmed' my life could get.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2005 03:55 pm
spendius wrote:
It not only takes effort CJ,it takes patience as well.Very considerable patience if you lack charm to the extent I did.When I think of all the fun I have missed by not being as charming as I might have been I almost begin sobbing.I say almost because I'm not so bloody charming to be able to sob yet.I have been told that I should sob if I feel like it and not to hold it all up inside but I just can't manage to be that charming as things stand.

What do you think,CJ,about men sobbing their little hearts out?

Ooooops-I thought I was on the daft questions channel.

At least, no one will object here Wink

Well spendius, that would mean you have terrible regrets
in life and sobbing would somewhat help your psyche to
cope, but won't bring back what you've missed out on.
To answer your question: No, men shouldn't sob their little
hearts out, they should - while they have the opportunity -
be considerate and charming and get in synch with their
feelings, for these regretable moments being kept to a minimum.

You can be charming, just practice every day in front of
the mirror Wink
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2005 05:30 pm
C.J.

I don't have any mirrors.I hate the sight of myself.
If I was a beautiful lady I might think differently but I'm not.

I do know how to tell you know.I can tell in the dark.The pitch dark.Even when the boat's rocking at 45 degrees and there's a torpedo coming in.

The last time I saw myself in a mirror I had this insight,which is why it was the last time,that I looked ridiculous.I have none of those attributes which lend themselves to looking like one looks when one is looking er..er,,proper.

I do so agree though that keeping regrettable moments to a minimum is a good thing.Actually,I would go further.I would eschew them altogether if it wasn't for the fact ...

This post has gone on long enough(Editor)
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2005 05:35 pm
Now, do go on, we want to hear the rest of it....
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2005 05:43 pm
Sanctuary:-

Oh-life can get a lot more charming than just not having any problems or worries.Even being able to step aside from those things is not all that charming.It's okay.I'm not crabbing it.It's average to good charming.You could get to that by shooting yourself.

If my house had burned down and I saw a little birdie happily chirping as he hops along I would kick the little fellow's feathery head in if I could catch the little flyer.
0 Replies

Sanctuary

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2005 07:57 pm
Spend,

Well perhaps that's why I seem to have a more positive outlook than you. If my house were to burn down, then I'd be forced to give up all attatchments (T.V., phone, computer, etc) and thus would not have to rely on those things anymore to bring me happiness. It would be highly inconvienent for my house to burn down, but my point is that if it did happen, it wouldn't be the end of my world.
0 Replies

raheel

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2005 08:35 am
spendius wrote:
raheel:-

That is a little inscrutable.

If you mean that when childhood is gone,as it sadly has for me,charm goes with it,I don't agree.

If you mean something else perhaps you might explain further.

no charm does not go with childhood- as this is not the only form of charm

yes- when childhood goes (which is at different stages for everyone), the charm that comes from innocence and childhood does go with it

childhood was a period of everyones life when they are charmed

i think education, and the understanding and knowledge that comes with it has charm.

also good people always have a certain charm about them.
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2005 03:05 pm
spendius wrote:
Sanctuary:-

Oh-life can get a lot more charming than just not having any problems or worries.Even being able to step aside from those things is not all that charming.It's okay.I'm not crabbing it.It's average to good charming.You could get to that by shooting yourself.

If my house had burned down and I saw a little birdie happily chirping as he hops along I would kick the little fellow's feathery head in if I could catch the little flyer.

How irrational would Professor Spendius become if it were Cup Final or Grand National day when the house burned down?
0 Replies