TO Binge or Not to Binge TV

Reply Wed 11 Sep, 2019 02:35 pm
What is your favorite method of watching a television series?
1. Binge an entire series by watching as many episodes (back to back) as possible until the season is over?
2. Binge an entire series by watching all of the episodes (back to back) as possible until the season is over?
3. Watch the series, one episode at a time and wait until the next episode is released on a week to week basis?

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 9 • Views: 831 • Replies: 17
No top replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 11 Sep, 2019 05:12 pm
@tsarstepan,

4. buy dvd and watch in haphazard manner
Sturgis

Reply Wed 11 Sep, 2019 05:53 pm
Sometimes I semi-binge. Watch 3-5 episodes then call it a night.

With several shows with multiple seasons, I go from series to series and it can be weeks before I get back to an earlier, partially viewed series.
farmerman

Reply Wed 11 Sep, 2019 07:57 pm
@Region Philbis,
Quote:

4. buy dvd and watch in haphazard manner

Im c onvinced thats how Terrantino composes many oof his movies.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 11 Sep, 2019 08:01 pm
@Sturgis,
We only binged one show and that was LONGMIRE. We had a totally lot weekend watching it.
We used to seasonally binge stuff like DEXTER and JUSTIFIED. Tivo's a great thing aint it?? Now we have a no commercial option on any of the services like HULU so you zip through individual episodes.

My son and his girl friend binge watched a bunch of Bob Ross shows. (My son is a very weird kid)
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 12 Sep, 2019 01:03 am
@tsarstepan,
Currently watching Utopia, one episode a night.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 12 Sep, 2019 09:40 am
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

What is your favorite method of watching a television series?
1. Binge an entire series by watching as many episodes (back to back) as possible until the season is over?
2. Binge an entire series by watching all of the episodes (back to back) as possible until the season is over?
3. Watch the series, one episode at a time and wait until the next episode is released on a week to week basis?

Number 3 for most shows - I am not much a dedicated TV watcher though - and this is more that I typically do not have time to binge watch so it is rare for me to sit and watch one episode after another.

I think if I had the available time - I would do 1 - for older shows - watch maybe a 2 or 3 at a time. I cannot envision myself sitting all day in front of a TV but I can see sitting and watch a few 20 minutes shows at one time. And had done that a little with my daughter watching Friends when she was home from college.

Funny just the other day I gave my daughter names of a couple of old Family sitcoms I watched when I was younger to not so much replace Friends - she has seen all the episodes but as others she might like - she loves Full House so I gave her Growing Pains and Family Ties - I found that they are on Amazon Prime so I thought she might like those. I might watch them again - was thinking of the Brady Bunch too now that they are on HGTV re-creating their house - saw the last half hour of Monday's show just to see the finished living room, entry way and dining room - wonder what they are going to with the house once they finish it?
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2019 04:57 pm
I seem to be currently binging away on the The 100. A television series which has apparently been on for several years (I had no idea). Not too sure why I haven't stopped yet. It's not all that good.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2019 05:00 pm
I watched The Good Place daily until I ran out of episodes. I enjoyed bits and pieces of it and napped through a few episodes.
Rebelofnj

Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2019 06:10 pm
I only watch 1-2 episodes at a time, and depending how interested I am with the series, I would finish a 13 episode season in under 3 months.

The longest I took to finish a series is 6 months to watch all 13 episodes of Netflix's Jessica Jones season 1.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2020 07:53 pm
Usually I watch shows at the end of the day before bed. I watch however many episodes it takes before I am tired, then I go to sleep.

Depending on how long my day was and how tired I am, that could be zero episodes, one episode, or multiple episodes. It would not be a whole season though.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2020 08:07 pm
Sure, that's what happens.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2020 08:55 pm
@edgarblythe,
I still am also watching The Good Place but for the life of me, I don’t know why. It ran out of gas before this last season. I guess cause it’s ‘cute’.

Some of the others which I’ve binged on are too numerous to mention. Ive seen all of the episodes Suits, Bosch, Longmire, and caught up with The Marvelous Mrs. Mansell, for a quick list.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2020 09:12 pm
@Ragman,
I rarely sample any of the popular shows. Just when the mood strikes. I may do more during the impeachment times.
glitterbag

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2020 10:00 pm
@edgarblythe,
Don't watch the impeachment trial unless you have very low blood pressure.
glitterbag

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2020 10:03 pm
@Ragman,
I love the clothes on Mrs. Maisal.....colorful and glamorous....what a terrific flashback,.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2020 10:37 pm
@glitterbag,
The side with the most votes prevails after much long-winded bloviating.
glitterbag

Reply Sat 25 Jan, 2020 12:21 am
@edgarblythe,
Yep, sad but true.....we have become a nation of disloyal stupids.
0 Replies