bahamian crisis

maxdog

Reply Tue 10 Sep, 2019 05:19 am
Bahamians preferred to leave to the USA instead of build again their country .

cherrie

Reply Tue 10 Sep, 2019 05:36 am
@maxdog,
What's your point?
hightor

Reply Tue 10 Sep, 2019 06:29 am
@maxdog,
There aren't sufficient resources left on the islands to enable every resident to simply pick up a shovel and rebuild everything that's been destroyed. There's no power, and no infrastructure for delivering food and water.
maxdog

Reply Tue 10 Sep, 2019 06:46 am
@hightor,
Is it a poor country ?
0 Replies

maxdog

Reply Tue 10 Sep, 2019 06:48 am
@cherrie,
I think they should . I will.try if it s my homeland . Nowhere is better then your own home if there is peace
RABEL222

Reply Tue 10 Sep, 2019 01:41 pm
@maxdog,
No water, no electricity, no cover from the elements, no building material, and no food. If they stay the problem will solve itself. They will mostly be dead in a couple of weeks.
maxdog

Reply Tue 10 Sep, 2019 05:58 pm
@RABEL222,
So what s the solution ?
It s a desert land from now on ?
izzythepush

Reply Wed 11 Sep, 2019 05:24 am
@maxdog,
The solution is to rebuild, hopefully sturdier buildings next time.

You don't seem to appreciate what's going on. These islands are very dependent on tourism ,when there's no tourists there's no income. There's precious little in the way of other industries, small scale fishing and agriculture, but nothing major.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Wed 11 Sep, 2019 06:20 am
@maxdog,
A year ago, I was at ground zero for Hurricane Florence. There was no power, no phone service, no gas. For a week or so we were isolated by flood waters from the rest of the country and couldn't get supplies in. We were a day away from losing water because the emergency diesels were running out of fuel. A lot of people left until the basics could be restored. The Bahamas are in much worse shape. The utilities are in much worse shape. There is no hope of supplies arriving in the near term. Going to a place where you can get food and water for a few weeks while teams on the ground clear the rubble and recover the bodies makes perfect sense to me. What I don't understand are those who eschew helping those in need when it comes at no cost to them.
Linkat

Reply Wed 11 Sep, 2019 07:33 am
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

The Bahamas are in much worse shape. The utilities are in much worse shape. There is no hope of supplies arriving in the near term. Going to a place where you can get food and water for a few weeks while teams on the ground clear the rubble and recover the bodies makes perfect sense to me. What I don't understand are those who eschew helping those in need when it comes at no cost to them.

I agree - the immediate solution is to help these individuals with their basic needs and medical care. It seems on some of the islands the only solution is to move these poor individuals as their island is completely wiped out. From the sounds of it they don't want to leave their home, they HAVE to leave their home (or lack there of) to survive.

Those of us more fortunate not to be hit by this hurricane can help by providing temporary housing and assisting in rebuilding their homes. Then they will be in a position to return.

Tourist part - the larger resorts will have the insurance/finances to rebuild - I would think they are also invested on the residents that work at their resorts so you would hope/think they would also help financially to get them on their feet again.
0 Replies

maxdog

Reply Wed 11 Sep, 2019 10:33 am
Well hopefully they will build back their homes and buildings that they need .it s good that they will have help from.the US .i believe it can happen in the best way possible . Always better than leave the place like that .
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 11 Sep, 2019 01:37 pm
I'm all in favor of providing substantial aid to these folks, and I would hope so are those in other nations.

I am not in favor of opening our (border) doors to them. It's unnecessary and dangerous.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 11 Sep, 2019 01:39 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Why is it dangerous again? When did Americans become such wusses?

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 11 Sep, 2019 01:41 pm
@maxdancona,
When we found out how easy it has been for our dedicated enemies as well as horrific gang members to cross our borders.
RABEL222

Reply Wed 11 Sep, 2019 02:07 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I sure do get tired of chicken shyt people saying they are afraid of starving people just trying to get food and a roof over their head. Trump agrees with you because as I read it he said that none of them can come here unless they have their official papers with them. I assume that have to be dried out.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Wed 11 Sep, 2019 02:41 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Yes, our dedicated enemies were hanging out in the Bahamas with drug dealers during a hurricane looking for "easy" entry into the US. So much easier than just flying into JFK on a tourist visa.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 11 Sep, 2019 02:57 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

When we found out how easy it has been for our dedicated enemies as well as horrific gang members to cross our borders.

Just how easy has it been?

Most of the horrific killings in the US are done by people born here. The recent mass killings have been done by White people.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 11 Sep, 2019 04:12 pm
They need help not entry into America
engineer

Reply Wed 11 Sep, 2019 04:17 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
When there is no power, no water, no food and decaying bodies laying in the rubble, it makes sense to move the people out until you can restore a baseline, something that people can start rebuilding on. Leaving them there, desperate and unable to change their situation, is both silly and morally bankrupt. They need to go somewhere and only the most paranoid would see them as a threat to the US.
maxdog

Reply Wed 11 Sep, 2019 04:50 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Agree
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » bahamian crisis
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 03:38:18