bahamian crisis

maxdog

Reply Thu 12 Sep, 2019 06:24 am
@izzythepush,
with punctuation i don t have a prob , i m just lazy
izzythepush

Reply Thu 12 Sep, 2019 06:28 am
@maxdog,
That's a diversion tactic. If it's only laziness there's nothing to stop you writing correctly.

That's if it's only laziness, and all evidence is to the contrary.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 12 Sep, 2019 06:29 am
@maxdog,
You are not right. Nationality is not the same as descent.

Sheesh, you are ignorant.
Linkat

Reply Thu 12 Sep, 2019 08:21 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Finn dAbuzz wrote:

When we found out how easy it has been for our dedicated enemies as well as horrific gang members to cross our borders.

Just how easy has it been?

Most of the horrific killings in the US are done by people born here. The recent mass killings have been done by White people.

Last I knew US people born here are not all white ( I can personally verify that my nieces that are Hispanic were born here).
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 12 Sep, 2019 08:24 am
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

When there is no power, no water, no food and decaying bodies laying in the rubble, it makes sense to move the people out until you can restore a baseline, something that people can start rebuilding on. Leaving them there, desperate and unable to change their situation, is both silly and morally bankrupt. They need to go somewhere and only the most paranoid would see them as a threat to the US.

I can understand a little bit of the concern of just freely allowing people to cross borders. But this situation is just a tad bit different. Especially if we are going and assisting the moving of these people. It is a bit obvious that we are not moving in people with weapons and drugs when we see they have nothing.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 12 Sep, 2019 10:28 am
@Linkat,
Why should the US be the only nation to receive them? What about all their neighbors in the Caribbean?

I'm happy to see us give those neighbors money to help receive them temporarily.
Linkat

Reply Thu 12 Sep, 2019 10:39 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Actually that would be a good thought as we do have US territories in the Caribbean. I would think because we are closest and probably in the best position financially to assist.

It is difficult to impose yourself on another nation - we do not have jurisdiction on many of the other island and we cannot force ourselves on them - I suppose if they have the space and ability we could ask.

But if we have the facilities to assist why wouldn't we?
izzythepush

Reply Thu 12 Sep, 2019 10:44 am
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

Because they're black.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 12 Sep, 2019 11:05 am
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

Actually that would be a good thought as we do have US territories in the Caribbean. I would think because we are closest and probably in the best position financially to assist.

It is difficult to impose yourself on another nation - we do not have jurisdiction on many of the other island and we cannot force ourselves on them - I suppose if they have the space and ability we could ask.

We are not "closest"

Let all the bleeding hearts who demand the US do something turn their ire against the nations that are "closest." But of course, they won't.

Obviously we can't "make" Caribbean nations accept Bahamian refugees but we can make it extremely enticing for them to do so.

Now, I suspect some might argue that doing so would disrupt their societies, but if that's a valid argument, why can't we use it? Because we are in a position to better absorb a disruptive influence? That's nuts.

What facilities do you think we have to welcome thousands of Bahamian refugees into our country?

Americans (including the US government) will be sending more money to the Bahamas then the rest of the world combined. That's not enough?
Linkat

Reply Thu 12 Sep, 2019 11:28 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

We are not "closest"

Actually we are very close to the Bahamas only 50 miles. We are considered to be the closest country to the Bahamas - simply looking at a map would solidify this knowledge.

But if you want to be technical Turks and Caicos is a little closer only 30 miles to one of the Bahamian islands, but seeing that particular island is uninhabited I don't think that should count. Especially if you are speaking about helping people. The US is the closest country to the two islands that were most directly impacted by the hurricane. I believe the coast of FL is less than 100 miles from Grand Bahama which that and Abaco were worst hit. There is no other country closer to these two islands than the US.

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 12 Sep, 2019 01:29 pm
@Linkat,
Well, you got me on that, but it's a minor point (I think) because the "greater distances" of the other islands are not prohibitive to providing refuge.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Thu 12 Sep, 2019 01:42 pm
@Linkat,
Well, who knows. The Russians like to cruise thru those waters, maybe they will provide transport to Cuba.
0 Replies

maxdog

Reply Fri 13 Sep, 2019 12:26 am
@izzythepush,
Yes you have to press shift for a capital letter. And i talked only aboutt punctuation . You have also some issues to underatand some times .
maxdog

Reply Fri 13 Sep, 2019 12:29 am
@izzythepush,
That s a piece of ignorance for me , stating because they are black in every occasion to win an argument , i have real proof because you tried it on me when im perfectly not racist but u said i am .

When you point youe finger remember you have other 3 fingers pointing at you .
maxdog

Reply Fri 13 Sep, 2019 12:31 am
@izzythepush,
I know it s not the same because a chinese man can be called a swedish by buying a swedish passport and that reeeeeeeeeally sucks .

And can you be more soft than that on me ?
glitterbag

Reply Fri 13 Sep, 2019 12:45 am
@maxdog,
You really should quit while your ahead. Swedish citizens will travel on Swedish passports regardless of where their ancestor hail from. The man could be of Chinese ancestry but a Swedish national. I travel on a US passport even though my great grandparents came from Ireland...

Where are you getting this cockeyed notion of "how the world turns"? It sounds like you're describing the way you think it SHOULD be....however, that doesn't make it so.

maxdog

Reply Fri 13 Sep, 2019 01:22 am
@glitterbag,
I was not talking about someone swedish with his ancestor chinese , i was talking about who buys a passaport of different country.

That is HIGHLY should nt be done .
izzythepush

Reply Fri 13 Sep, 2019 02:51 am
@maxdog,
maxdog wrote:

When you point youe finger remember you have other 3 fingers pointing at you .

When you utter some tired, hackneyed cliché, remember thousands of other unoriginal idiots have said it before.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 13 Sep, 2019 02:52 am
@maxdog,
maxdog wrote:

. And i talked only aboutt punctuation .

You should have spoken about spelling as well.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 13 Sep, 2019 02:56 am
@maxdog,
Can you give an example, that way you can't be accused of pulling stuff out of your arse.

Most countries allow wealthy people to settle. Money talks, they won't be a drain on resources and they'll be spending.

Why do you think so many Arab sheiks and Russian oligarchs are buying property in Mayfair?

1. Forums
  2. » bahamian crisis
  3. » Page 3
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.09 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 02:55:18