Suggestion for tutorials?

Chai

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 11:25 am
Hey all

I have several Admin Assts at various clinics that greatly need to increase their computer skills. Expecially Excel.
Thank God the rest of them are fine and can figure stuff out on their own, or retain what I teach them.

It feels like I have tried it all....

I've given one on one instruction (I'm High Intermediate in Excel), had some sent to classes, cajoled, on and on.

IMPORTANT ISSUE - Culturally - some of these people will not ask questions, even if you point blank ask them if they don't understand something - they may very well say no. Let's not go there, I'm not a pychologist.

All that being said - Any suggestions for tutorials, discs, on-line, books (not excel for dummies, that would offend - I'm workin' with a sensitive group here) or other info?

something that would have them feel like they are working with a real life situation.

Please don't suggest getting different people in those positions. Not gonna happen.

Please make my day.

Oh - just venting, the worst offender - has worked here years, manages to fill in the blanks when she has a readymade program, but get this, the other day we were on the phone, both looking at the same file, and I said, "Look in column K" there was this silence, then for about 15 seconds with small sounds of "ummmm..... no........here?......no......Oh, here it is"

This is my weakest link, so any suggestions geared to that level would be appropriate, and maybe some a bit more advance.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 655 • Replies: 0
No top replies